Dance Maci Dance

5

“But I hate him Lizzy!” I whined letting my head fall on her shoulder.
“Honey, calm down its no big deal…” She said calmly patting my head.
“Besides, you know he’s doing it on purpose.” She finished.
I let out a loud groan which caught Maci’s attention. I simply smiled and apologized for interrupting her.
The girl had talent and for a 6 year old she was pretty good at drawing.
“I don’t care if he is. It still gets me.” I didn’t know how to react to my little encounter with Brian earlier this morning.
I know it probably didn’t mean anything to him but it did to me. Those gorgeous eyes of his always had away to pull me in.
“You have a wonderful boyfriend remember?” Lizzy questioned giving me that look of “You better remember.”
I laughed and nodded my head.
“You better.” She mumbled.
“Oh shut up!” I snapped slapping her shoulder.
“You shut up!” She yelled giving me a good slap to the back of the head.
“Hey!” I yelped rubbing the back of my head.
“Maybe you shouldn’t hit me then.” She laughed. I quickly throw a pillow which smacked her right in the face. I stared at her with wide eyes until she let out a load growl and I knew that was my cue to start running.
“I swear to god your asking for it Lizzy Stewart!” I yelled running after her. She had managed to trip me when I was running and we were in a full fist flying, leg kicking brawl that she had managed to get away from.
“I’d like to see you try and catch me!” She yelled running up the stairs. I kept running even though I was running out of breath.
I'm finding me out,
I'm having my doubts,
I'm losing the best of me.
We're all part of the same, sick little games…

“Damn!” I mumbled.
“I will have my revenge!” I yelled as I walked down the stairs to my phone.
I could here Maci talking to someone which meant she had answered. Thank god she was use to me and Lizzy play fighting or else I’m sure she would have called the cops.
“Who is it honey?” I asked as I walked into the living room.
“Daddy.”She whispered answering my question.
I shaped my lips into an “O” shape and took a seat next to her.
“Okay daddy, I’ll tell mommy.” She soon finished off the conversation.
“Daddy says he’s coming to pick me up.” She smiled as she handed me the phone.
“Um… Hun, it would have been nice if you would have asked me if you could go out.” I stated looking down at her.
“Oh, I’m sorry mommy.” She said looking down. “Ugh, I hate Brian” I thought to myself.
He’s babying her already.
“It alright sweetie it’s not your fault. I’m sorry.” I rubbed her back letting her now it was okay.
She looked up and gave me a smile and returned to her work.
“What’s going on?” Liz asked as she walked in.
“It took you long enough!” I laughed as she sat down.
“Oh shut up, don’t start.” She slapped my leg as she sat down where she was sitting before we started are fight.
“Brian’s coming over to pick Maci up.” I said nonchalantly.
“Ooooo.” She cooed rubbing her hand up and down my arm.
Before I could say anything the doorbell rang and Maci ran for the door. I looked at Liz before I got up and followed Maci to the door.
“Daddy, Daddy!” Maci cried as I opened the door.
“Hey babe.” Brian said as he picked her up and kissed her cheek.
“What are we going to do today daddy?” She questioned him as I let him in.
“Want something to drink?” I asked not even bothering to look at him.
“No, I’m good; Thanks.” He walked into the living room and greeted Liz as he sat down.
“How’s it going?” He asked her.
“I’m good. How are the boys?” She asked as she reached for her purse.
“They’re good, you should go visit them, I’m sure Zack would love to see you.” He smiled and Liz laughed.
Liz had a history with Zacky but I’m not sure how serious they were.
“I’ll be going now.” Liz laughed as she stood.
“Why? We’re suppose to hangout today!” I whined not wanting her to leave.
“I’ll see you tomorrow Hun.” She said as she passed by.
“Unbelievable.” I muttered looking at the floor.
“What?” Brian asked.
“Nothing.” I answered. We didn’t say much after that because Maci was talking the whole time about what she wanted to do today. Of course I didn’t mind she’s my daughter and she kept the attention off of me.
Brian broke the silence asking me if I wanted to go to the park with him and Maci. I quickly shook my head.
“No its okay, thanks though.” I answered.
“Oh please come with us mommy!” Maci begged.
“Yea, please come!” Brian mimicked
I laughed a little. “I’m sorry I have things to do.”
I felt bad for saying not to Maci but I just couldn’t stand being around Brian.
“Bullshit” Brian coughed
“Hey!” I snapped. “It is not bull. I’m telling the truth.”
“I’m sure its not that important that you have to blow off your daughter.”
It was quite after that. I didn’t know what to say.
“Please mommy?” Maci broke the silence once more and looked up at me with those big brown eyes of hers. There was no doubt where she got them from and just like the person she inherited them from she had a way of pulling me in.
“Fine.” I stated looking up at Brian. I hated his guts I really did.
“Just let us get ready.” I said grabbing taking Maci from him.
--
After about an hour Maci and I were finally ready to go. Of course Brian wasn’t really happy that he had to wait that long.
“Would you guys hurry up!” He yelled from down stairs.
“You shut your mouth!” I yelled back.
Maci looked up at me with wide eyes.
“Its okay honey we’re just playing.” I laughed.
“Are you ready?” I asked strapping on my shoes.
“Yea.” She smiled.
“Alright, you go ahead I’ll be ready soon.”
Maci walked out the door and I could hear her faint footsteps as she made her way down the stairs.
I guess you could say I was a little excited to go out with Brian since we hadn’t gone out in years.
But that doesn’t mean I think we’re going to start dating again. There’s no chance in hell that that’s ever going to happen again. I’ve learned my lesson.
I finished up and was soon walking down the stairs to meet up with Brian and Maci.
“Ready?” He asked when I arrived.
“Yup.” I quickly grabbed my purse and after we argued on whos car we would be taking [which of course he lost] we were off to the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! my internet finally stopped being a jerk.
im not sure how much longer i'll be on since it took forever
just to post this. so i hope you guys like it.
I'll try to update as much as i can.
and sorry for the mistakes i dont really have time to look over it. :/
please,please, please comment! <3