Without You, I'm Just Me

Take This To Your Grave, And I'll Take It To Mine.

The next morning I awoke in the happiest mood I’d been in since Valentine’s Day. I rolled onto my right side and moaned in pain. I got out of bed and walked towards the mirror, lifting up the side of my shirt. “Holy crap..” I whined looking at the large oddly shaped bruise. It was then I noticed the horrible red rash that had formed on the left side of my neck. “Oh no. Patrick…” I moaned, running into my bathroom, desperately searching through the drawers for my liquid foundation. I could only find the powder foundation, so I gave up and used it instead. I managed to hide some of the redness, but it still looked like I’d been sunburnt or something. I decided to pull my hair into a side ponytail, which covered most of the rash that the foundation didn’t.

I walked towards my locker with a smile. Sarah looked at me puzzled. “Well you’re in a surprisingly good mood today.” I smiled at her. “Well I’m thinking positively today.” I grabbed out my book, when a freshman knocked my books onto the floor. “Sorry he mumbled, and ran off. I frowned and leant over to pick up my books. “Oh my God, what happened to you?” Sarah’s eyes grew wide as she pointed at my side. Oh crap, she’d seen my bruise. I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead and neck, as I wiped it away. “I-I fell out of bed this morning and landed on something.” She seemed to relax a little, excepting my part lie. She looked up at my neck and squinted. “W-what?” I managed to stutter out.

“How on earth did you get that rash on your neck Ange?” I felt my face turn hot as I put my hand up to my neck. “I-umm I don’t know.” She looked at me, unconvinced. “Come to think of it Angie, where were you last night? I mean I came over and I called at least 5 times and each time I was told you weren’t home yet.” I sighed nervously.

“I swear to God, you would not believe me if I told you, and I’m not sure I trust you enough to tell you.” I walked off quickly to class leaving Sarah confused.

“Ok, I’ve done some thinking and I’ve come to a decision: you should tell me how you got that rash.” Sarah followed behind me as I found a seat at an empty table in the lunch room. I rolled my eyes. “I’ve also done some thinking and I’ve come to a decision too: I’m not going to tell you because you don’t know how to keep a secret.” She looked at me with an shocked expression across her face. “What are you talking about? I’m excellent at keeping secrets!!” I laughed. “Are you being serious? Otherwise you are a really good liar. Do you remember that time last year when I told you I had a crush on the new guy and you had to promise you wouldn’t tell anyone?” Sarah bit her lip. “The next day at school I kept getting funny looks at everyone and he walked up to me and said ‘look Sarah told me you like me, and I don’t wanna hurt your feeling but I don’t like you in that way. I’m sorry.’ I was so embarrassed, everybody in the school had found out about my crush.” Sarah blushed.

“ Yeah, but that was last year! I’ve changed so much since then.” I shook my head and sat down. “Fine then Angie, but don’t expect the rest of your secrets to stay like that for much longer.” I frowned at her as she smirked while the rest of our friends sat down. “Hey Sarah, Hey Angie.” everyone greeted us as they sat. Megan looked at my neck and frowned. “That’s one bad rash Ange, how’d you get that?” Sarah looked at me as I blushed. “That’s what I wanna know too, but she won’t tell me cause apparently I’m no good at keeping secrets.” she shot me a dirty look. I blushed even harder, so Megan changed the subject. “So I was thinking about the dance next weekend, do you guys have dates yet? I know Angie will be going with Logan, but what about you Sarah?” Sarah smirked at the opportunity. “I don’t think Ange will be going to the dance with Logan will you Angie?” I sat there silently. Sarah continued. “They broke up before Valentine’s Day.” Megan frowned then softened her expression.

“Well that’s too bad, any idea who you might take to the dance now?” I knew the question was aimed to me, but Sarah decided it was her chance to make me feel even worse. “I know who she’d like to take..” she teased. I punched her in the arm, and walked away from the table. Megan shot Sarah a glare and rushed after me. “I’m really sorry for putting you in such an awkward situation Ange.” I smiled.

“That’s ok, Sarah’s a little bitter today.”

“Well since you don’t have a boyfriend anymore, I’m gonna get to work setting you up with a nice guy.” she smiled and rushed off. I bit my lip. Did I have a boyfriend? I hadn’t talked to Patrick since last night, so I had no idea what we were calling our relationship status. I thought about it, I mean I wanted to be Patrick’s girlfriend, and I wanted to call him my boyfriend. But did he feel the same way?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it was definitely a pleasant surprise for me to see that I have quite a few subscribers and readers though with each second chapter I post my readers drop haha. I won't exactly beg, but it would be nice if people would comment :) I've gotten one comment so far and it pretty much made my day.
|----------Original Author's Notes----------|
So the last chapter was pretty full on, and I apologize that I had to follow it with a filler chapter. Nevertheless, read, rate and enjoy. Thnks to Fall Out Boy for their amazing Patron Saint of Liar and Fakes for the chapter inspiration, that song never gets old.