Without You, I'm Just Me

It's The Way You Do The Things You Do That Make Me

(It cut off my title..it's actually It's The Way You Do The Things You Do That Make Me Fall In Love With You)
4 days until Patrick left on tour and counting. Everytime I was around him, I’d try not to let him notice how much I was dreading the day he left, but thanks to Pete Wentz, that wasn’t about to happen. “So, no girlfriend tonight Wentz?” I was referring to the girl he’d started seeing over the past few days. They seemed pretty happy together, though I could tell he wasn’t as in to her as she was to him. Pete just shrugged his shoulders. “Eh, It wasn’t working out so we broke up.” I stared at him in disbelief. “You’ve only been seeing her for three days, how can you make a judgement like that already. Joe butted in on the conversation. “You are such a liar Pete, why don’t you just tell her why you REALLY broke up.” Pete punched him playfully in the arm before sighing. I smiled when I felt Patrick entwine his fingers with mine, without even realising he had entered the room. “Is this about Pete and his now ex-girlfriend?” he asked simply, before wrapping his arms around my waist. I nodded, before Patrick, and everyone else in the room turned their attention to Pete. Joe began talking again. “So Pete, would you care to tell us the real reason you dumped her?”
Pete paused dramatically. “Because we’re touring for a month, and I didn’t think it would work out.”
Joe wasn’t satisfied with the answer. “And it wouldn’t work out because…?”
Pete bit his lip and didn’t answer. Joe sighed over exaggeratedly and continued. “You said yesterday, and I quote ‘Having a girlfriend during a tour is a stupid idea because of all the hot fan girls and groupies just waiting for you to sleep with them’ isn’t that right Pete?” I shot Pete the dirtiest expression I could conjure up, before looking up at Patrick. He turned away, blushing. Did he feel the same way Pete did? I immediately felt like punching myself for thinking about Patrick being unfaithful. Of course he wouldn’t do that to me, but for some reason I couldn’t shake that unsettling inside me.

*~Patrick’s POV~*

I watched Pete’s face light up when I entered the house. It was a little funny that the only two people who ever seemed quite that happy when I entered the room was Pete and Angie, though the fact that it was Pete did creep me out a little. I’d just come from Angie’s house, from our traditional movie marathon afternoon. I sat down on the couch, opposite to Pete and watched as he raised his eyebrows suggestively. I cringed, knowing what would come next out of his mouth. “So, did you guys do it?”

As always, I was disgusted at his over eagerness in my relationship. “You are really gross Pete, why do you always ask me that?” Pete just shrugged his shoulders. “Because your reaction is always predictable, but still entertaining. It’s funny how much offence you take to me asking whether you’ve slept with your perfect girlfriend in your obviously perfect relationship.”

I frowned. “That’s because it’s something I don’t want to talk about with you, even if I haven’t done it.”
Pete looked a little hurt at my remark. “Why wouldn’t you talk to me about it? We talk about everything together, I mean I tell you.” I shook my head and grabbed the controller off the floor. Pete just sighed, before grabbing the other controller.
We sat in silence for 10 minutes before Pete broke the silence. “If you want my honest opinion, I don’t know why you guys aren’t married by now.” I rolled my eyes, “that’s because we’re both 17, we can’t get married yet.”

Pete started tapping on the controller repeatedly. “Then you should propose to her so you can get married as soon as you’re allowed to.” I dropped my controller unexpectedly and lost the game. “You really think I should propose to Angie, like, now?”
Pete nodded. “Well you love her don’t you? I mean, I’ve never seen you feel the same way about any other girl as you do about Angie.” I spent the next hour playing video games with Pete in silence, the entire time thinking about what he’d said.
*~Angie’s POV~*

One day and counting. I slowly tip-toed through the house with my satchel, hoping my mom wouldn’t notice my departure. No such luck. “Angie? Where are you going?” I screwed up my face, but didn’t worry about going to find her. “I’m going to stay at Sarah’s tonight mom, I told you this yesterday.” Even I was impressed at how convincing my lie had sounded. I mean, it’s not like I enjoy lying to my parents about where I go, but I knew my mom wouldn’t be too keen on the idea of me spending all night at Patrick’s house while his mom was away, and I wanted to spend as much time with Patrick as possible before he left. “Oh ok then honey, have fun.”
As Patrick moved his lips across my neck, I jumped at the sound of my mobile ringing. We both paused, and I grabbed the phone. “Hello?” I asked nervously. I was relieved to hear Sarah’s voice on the other end, rather than my mother’s. “Hey Ange, wanna go shopping tonight?” I had to bite my lip to prevent a moan slipping from my mouth, as I pushed Patrick off me. He pouted as I replied as to Sarah, trying not to make the scene obvious. “Oh hey, ummm I’m actually at Patrick’s, but I do have to ask you for a favour.” I heard her sigh in disappointment into the phone. “Shoot, but in return you have to promise me you’ll come shopping with me tomorrow.”
“Deal.”

She sounded confused. “So what is it that you want me to do for you?”
“Oh, umm, right. I need you to tell my mother if she calls that I’m staying at your house tonight.”
“And why exactly would I be telling her that Angie? Where are you staying tonight that you so desperately don‘t want your mom to find out about?”
I bit my lip, and saw Patrick frowning at me from the other side of the bed. He rolled over and started unbuttoning my jeans, so I frowned back at him and answered Sarah. “You’ll be telling her that because I promised to go shopping with you tomorrow and because you love me. I’m staying at Patrick’s house tonight.” I could practically see Sarah’s face smirking on the other end.
“So you’re staying at Patrick’s tonight huh? His mom isn’t home either, I wonder why you don’t want your mom knowing..”
I couldn’t help but laugh. “Good night Sarah.” I hung up quickly and placed the phone on Patrick’s bedside table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Dakota, I know our love is new. I barely know ya...
Ok, I'll stop now. But the song is damn addictive and catchy.
|----------Original Author''s Notes----------|
So i have to apologize to Kassy for not getting this out sooner as I first planned and promised because I had to study for my ancient history exam, however it paid off: 1 of only 2 A's in my class and the highest mark in the class!!! Yep, i am such a nerd. Read, rate and message, I will most likely have the next one out real soon, Thank you to A Rocket To The Moon for my chapter inspiration.