Without You, I'm Just Me

The (After) Life Of The Party - Part 2.

I slowly made my way to the table he was sitting at, hoping he didn’t notice me and how badly I was blushing. I was just inches away from him so I decided to introduce myself, ”Hi I-” I was interrupted by the sound of crashing and the realisation that I was now dripping wet in multiple liquids. I stared open-mouthed at my soaked shirt and miniskirt, then looked up to see the glasses guy’s friend who’d been hitting on the brunette standing in front of me with a tray now missing half its contents. “Oh crap, I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there.” he said apologetically, not knowing what else to say. I quickly gave him a half smile to make him feel less guilty. “Umm, I’ll get you a towel or something. Be right back.” he quickly rushed off to the bathroom. I stood for a moment realising that everyone was now watching me. “Umm, if you want you could have this” I was realised that the guy with the glasses was offering me his jacket. I must have looked confused because he began blushing and said “You can wear it or use it to dry yourself, whatever you want.”
I smiled shyly and took the denim jacket from his hands and put it on, thinking that using it to wipe up the liquids all over my clothes would seem a little rude. The jacket was so warm and comfortable, it instantly made me feel better.
“D-did you wanna sit down?” he asked, stuttering nervously, and clearing some plates so I could sit across from him. I carefully slid into the seat, trying not to trip on my ridiculous heels. He smiled politely and began talking “ I’m sorry about my friend spilling those drinks on you, Pete can be so accident-prone sometimes.”
I could tell he felt bad about what had happened to me, even if it hadn’t been his fault. “Oh no, it’s ok really. I never wear this stuff anyway.” I joked. He laughed too and seemed a lot more relaxed. “I’m Angie by the way.” I held out my left hand
“Patrick.” he reached out his right hand and shook mine. “Hey can I ask you a question?”
He seemed nervous, but I smiled reassuringly and answered “sure, anything you want.”
“Honestly, how old are you? You definitely don’t look ‘of age’ yet.” I thought about whether to tell him the truth or not. I guess the worst case scenario is I get kicked out of the club, which I don’t really mind. “Ok, if you MUST know, I’m 17.”
He smiled. “Seriously? I didn’t take you as the kind of girl who’d sneak into a club with a fake ID.”
“Oh, you’d be surprised,” I joked, “It was actually my friend’s idea. Apparently I’m boring and never have any fun so I should sneak into a club and drink underage to be classed as having fun.” I rolled my eyes and Patrick smiled. He had an incredible smile that would melt any girl’s heart. “So you haven’t told me why YOU’RE here.”
“Me?” Patrick asked nervously.
“Yeah, I mean this doesn’t exactly look like your idea of fun either.”
He adjusted his glasses, and began talking “Well if YOU must know, I’m also 17, but I didn’t sneak in underage like you did.” He grinned at me.
“Then how did you get in? Go all Mission Impossible and sneak through the vents or something?” I joked.
He smiled again, obviously nervous “I’m actually here with my band” he looked down and blushed. I have to admit that was the last thing I expected to hear him say, he definitely didn’t look like that traditional guy in a band. I realised my expression was making him uncomfortable so I smiled and said “Wow, that’s so cool. What do you do?”
He started to relax and answered “I umm, actually sing and play guitar.” Again I was surprised. The last thing I could imagine him doing is standing at the front of a stage with a microphone.

We spent the next twenty minutes talking about anything that came across our minds. It felt so good to be able to talk to someone without having to pretend I was interested in what we were talking about., and he seemed to feel the same way too. I begun to realise Patrick and I had heaps in common. “So wait, you’re taking chemistry, physics AND biology?” Patrick asked sceptically. I nodded, taking another sip of water. “Why would you wanna take that many science classes? It’s insane.” I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. I realised that Sarah was watching me from the dance floor smiling, I smiled back as she gave me a quick thumbs up. “So tell me more about your band.”
“My band? Well, we’re meant to be performing in about half an hour so I’ll let YOU tell me what you think of us then.” He grinned.
“Ok, but that doesn’t count as you telling me more about your band you know.” I stated.
He sighed and shrugged, putting his glasses on the table. “What do you want to know then?”
I was about to ask about the other members when I saw it. “Oh shit.” I mumbled under my breath. Patrick looked at me, confused for a moment, then turned to face the direction I was staring in.
I watched as Logan walked up to the table we were seated at with a less than impressed look on his face. He came over to the table and slammed both of his hand on the tabletop. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” he asked Patrick through clenched teeth. I instantly felt sick, thinking about Logan’s violent streak. Patrick looked up at him nervously and stuttered “I-I don’t know what you’re t-talking about.”
Logan looked as if he was about to explode “That’s my GIRLFRIEND you’re hitting on there” he pointed directly at me, without turning his glare from Patrick.
Without realising, I began defending Patrick “Logan calm down, we were only talking.” I stood up and pulled his arm away from the table and he didn’t resist. I began to walk him out of the club, looking back at Patrick with a sympathetic look. Suddenly without warning, Logan pulled out of my grip and began to march back to Patrick’s table. “NO LOGAN STOP!!” I shrieked across the room. Patrick turned around, just in time to have Logan’s fist hitting his eye socket. There was a loud gasp from most of club-goers, then the bouncer made his way over without hesitation. He grabbed Logan’s shoulders, pulling him away. “I’m going to have to ask you to leave, sir.” Logan’s attempt to pull away were futile as the large bouncer pulled him out of the club. I looked back over to the table to see Patrick wincing in pain, holding his eye. I ran over to him, dodging onlookers on the way. I opened my purse and pulled out a make up removal pad, and dipped it in the glass of water. “I’m so, so, so sorry Patrick.” I told him, as I wiped away the blood across his cheek. He looked at me and attempted to smile, trying to make me feel better. The bouncer came back standing directly above me and Patrick. “You’re going to have to come with us, he’s refusing to co-operate.” I sighed and gave the pad to Patrick who held it against his bruised eye. “I’m sorry I didn’t get to see your band play.”
Patrick smiled and picked up a serviette and a pen. “That’s ok, if you want I can give you the address of the place we usually practice at, and you can come by sometime if you like. We’re usually practicing most afternoons.”
He passed me the serviette, flashing me another of his heart-melting smiles. “Thanks.” I blushed and walked out of the club with the bouncer close behind me.

As we made our trip to Logan’s house in the cab, I realised I was still wearing Patrick’s jacket. I thought about how it definitely meant I had to go see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh, things are heating up in this steamy chapter. Seriously, I'm joking, it's really not that good haha. Well comment and subscribe if you like.
|---------Original Author's Notes---------|
So this is the second part to my introduction chapter. Read and enjoy ^-^ Oh, and please note: I do realise that Pete doesn't come back with a towel in the chapter, but don't fret, it's intentional. But you'll find out why later hehe. XD Oh, and I'd like to thank Cobra Starship for my main character's namesake and Patrick Stump for his amazing acoustic rendition of the song.