Blood Is Thicker Than Love

Tangled up in me.

You think that you know me
You think that I'm only
When everything I do is only to get tangled up in you
You wanna know more, more, more about me
I'm the girl that's sweeping you off your feet

"Nicholas! What's the 411? Have you talked to him?" It's past 12 midnight and ever since Nick and I separated our ways a while ago, I already began cockraching him with a lot of calls and texts, asking if he already talked to Joe. I know I'm kinda freaking out and paranoid about this Joe whole thing but I just can't help to be excited, this is a big step for myself seeing as Nick is already actually helping me with once he called, "unproductive waste of time."

For the 5th time, Nick hang up on me.

What the hell, I thought he's making up for me but what the hell is he doing, hanging up the phone.

Well I should give him some rest, there will be a lot of time tomorrow.

I sat on my bed, trying to sleep when I heard someone downstairs. Who could it be? Is it my Mom? But I thought Mom's back on Tuesday? Could it be a lunatic pyscho trying to steal something? Or the worst, could it be my sister sneaking out?

I regained my composure and grabbed whatever strong piece of material I could grab. It's too dark, I can't seem to see my surroundings. I'm hesitant to open the lights seeing that the person outside might crack. I slowly stepped outside my room and crawled.

Everything is almost pitch black, I can't seem to see a thing.

"Andie, what are you doing?"

I gave in a surprised shriek as I saw Tracy in her black lacy boy shorts, a black halter top, her dorky glasses on her gray eyes and her long brunette hair tied in a messy bun.

She looked at me with a confused look on her face as she opened the lights on the Living room where we are standing and proceeded to the Kitchen. I followed and eyed her carefully. Tracy's really tall, thin but not in a sort of ugly way, her body's really rocking. I'm not saying this in a lesbo way, ew, it would be totally uncalled and incest for but I can't help but to admire her back. Her butt, seems sexy. I can't help but to feel envious and jealous of her body. I can totally picture Kresta Cummings jealous of her body. Only if she has the guts to wear this kind of stuff at school, only if she has the power to unpower and rule the school.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Tracy raised her eyebrows at me before grabbing a spoon from the counter table and started munching on some icecream.

I looked at her expectantly then smiled, "Trace, you should wear more of that to school. You look really great," I told her, I should've go for She looked really sexy but seeing Tracy nice and virgin as she is, I don't think she'd take it as a compliment.

She gave me a shy smile and wiped her forehead. "Thank you, but I don't think this is is anything but suitable," She winked.

"But really, you should. I mean, Kresta Cummings wear clothes like that so I don't see why you can't wear something like that too,"

Tracy sighed and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Ands, I am nothing like Kresta Cummings or whoever. Plus, I only wear this at home when I'm ready to go to sleep. No way you're making me wear this outside." she laughed, scooping a large pile of icecream and shoving it to her mouth.

One thing about Tracy is she is massively in love with Icecreams. Any flavor or any brand, she doesn't care. She digs icecream, period. So if ever you want to make Tracy happy, just give her an icecream coupon and she would thank you your whole life.

"Anyway, what are you doing here at midnight?" Tracy furrowed.

I was suppose to tell her my purpose, like suspecting her sneaking out or a burglar is getting in the way but I stopped myself. No way I am gonna tell Tracy that. Were not that close. You see, Tracy and I don't really connect. We are sisters but we are super complete opposites.

"Oh, Um. Just getting water," I told her, heading to the fridge to get water. Boy sure it made me thirsty.

"Hmm. But why do you need to crawl?" Tracy asked, eating again.

This is what I hate about Tracy. She's so damn smart and sensitive. She wanted to make sure that everything's fine, everything's in control and everthing's plain organized. Maybe that's why she's the school's elected Charity Case Org President, she's too organized and...nice.

"Um, dropped my earring." I rolled my eyes at my lame attempt.

"Okay then. Well, I'd have to go upstairs. A report." she fringed and started to walk away. Ugh, her sexyback again.

"Oh Trace!" I called her again. I don't know why I called her but I don't know, I just felt like I need to consult or ask her something.

She looked at me expectantly then smiled. Why is she so damn nice and charming?

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

Poof. Why the hell did I just ask that? Oh yeah, maybe because we were never close.

She smiled then furrowed her eyebrows. "Of course." she replied flatly, sent me a smirk then took off.

NICK'S POV

I fidgeted on my seat. I just woke up and I am sitting at the Kitchen table, eating some breakfast. Kevin already took off since he has to go to school early in the morning, Mom and Dad took Frankie off to the park so that leaves Joe and I. I made a promise to Andie that I would talk to Joe for her. I really don't want to do it but since I just want her to make her happy for the night and I am kinda hoping that after I talk to Joe, she would at least shut her mouth for a sec. I glanced at Joe and saw him eating his toast. I looked at my brother in hesitance and he caught me glancing.

"Nick, what the hell? Anything wrong?" He asked me, worry laced on his voice.

I just can't ask him about his lovelife this direct. He would think that I'm a psycho. He would think that I'm hinting into something. I have to pull this off.

"Joe, have you ever felt of going out with someone and then felt like she's not the one?" I know, I know, lame right. I myself could not understand it but looking at Joe. I guess he kind of understood.

"Of course, like, all the time." He told me.

"Really? Have you felt like someone's just there, but you just can't put a finger on it?" I asked again. I am getting nowhere.

"Yeah, Nick, what's with all these questions and stuff?" He pried.

"Nothing. So you really think you've find the one?" I asked. So now I'm getting to somewhere.

"I don't know. I mean, I hope so. I went out with a lot of girls and none of them really irked me the most. None of them made a great impact of my life and that's what I'm looking for." He answered me and I could sense the deep sincerity on Joe's voice. Wow, this is rare.

"So Joe, what if you thought you've found the one but she's really completely oblivious," I asked.

Joe smiled at me and nudged my shoulder. "Then I will make her realize that I'm the one for her. If it doesn't work out, I'll fight for her."

I know I should tell Andie about what I am feeling about her. I was 14 when I realized that I have strong feelings for her. That I care for her so much. That I wanted to be more than friends. That I wanted to feel her long unfriendly romantic hugs. But I can't. She's totally completely oblivious and she's head over heels with Joe. I just can't butt in like that. I know I'm totally being unfair of my feelings but it's not like I have any other choice. Plus, I don't want to make our Friendship awkward so I figured that I should hold back my feelings for a while and make her feel what I am feeling. Love, wonder and understanding.

Andie's POV

"Nicholas Jerry Jonas! I called you a million times! Why aren't you picking up?!"

Nick and I are at the middle of the hallway, catching up our last period before lunch which is Homeroom, thank God.

"Sorry, just got busy. But. I talked to Joe!" Nick said as if it's the simplest thing on earth.

I. TALKED. TO. JOE.

It is the most, definitely the most important thing on the world right now.

I felt my cheeks turn in pink and gave him the biggest and cheesiest smile ever.

"OhmygodNickwhatdidhesay?" I managed to let out.

Nick shook his head and began to walk towards our room. I looked at him, grinning madly and hugged him. People around us smiled at our sweet gesture and looked at us.

"What are you doing? You're totally creeping people out," Nick said, embarassed.

"What? I'm just glad you did this for me. Now, what did he say?" I can't take the suspense now.

"Well, it's not the best answer that I could give you but atleast I talked to him, right?" I heard him mumble.

"Whatever, just tell me!" I let out a squeal and laughed.

"Okay, so you're telling me that Joe hasn't found THE ONE yet?" I asked Nick for the nth time, emphasizing the word, The One. We are on our way to the Cafeteria and Nick just told me all the details. I can't believe it. Of course Joe haven't found the one yet. Cause I am the one. I am made for him. We went to our usual spot and I continued to ramble and ask Nick a lot of questions. We saw our lunch friends, Roxanne, Annie, Dom and Drew.

"So you guys, have you heard Liam Dimaris party? I think I could come. I mean, Seniors are just the one who are in the official list but my brother could get me in," Dom declared.

Liam Dimaris Party. Yeah it was the talk of the school. Liam throws huge big parties and everyone's dying to get an invite. Unfortunately the party, unlike every party at Higschool, has an invitation. So if you don't have an Official Dimaris Card invite, you can't get in.

"Yeah me too. My sister has a Dimaris Card from last year's party and I heard that Liam won't be changing the password." Roxanne seconded.

They all talked about the party while Nick and I got busy with our world. We talked about our History project in which we are partners and of course, Joe.

"So Nick, I knew it! Joe hasn't find the one yet because guess what, I am the one!" I giggled, eating my salad enthusiastically.

Nick rolled his eyes and smiled, "Your optimism inspires me," Nick quipped.

I smacked his arm. What does that mean? That I don't have any choice for Joe?

"What do you mean? That I don't have a single chance with Joe?" I asked him wildly.

"No! I'm not saying that. What I'm trying to tell you is...Whatever it is that your planning to get Joe...I'm gonna help you. You know, help you. I'll support you," Nick mumbled nervously.

I can't help but to give Nick a cheesy grin that pictures, "Aww". This is my first time to hear Nick supporting me with his brother that well. I mean at first I thought he's just forced but now..He's gonna help me with Joe and everything. My best friend is totally the best.

I gave him a one side hug and played with his curls. I caught him smile then proceeded to eat our lunch.

"Hey lovebugs."

Nick and I looked at or lunch mates with wide eyes at the new nickname. Ah, there we go again. We saw them snickering and looking at us with deep grin plastered on their little faces. Why the hell do they think there's something going on between us?

"So, you guys gonna go at Dimaris' party? Andie? Nick?" Dom asked.

The thing about me is, even though I like or lived to party, I rarely go to parties. Not that I'm so weirdo loser who wasn't always invited to parties. It's just that...I'm not that popular to get in the social clique. It's always the Seniors who throw in the best parties and seeing that I'm just a sophomore...Plus the fact that Tracy, my older senior sister isn't up for parties. She's always invited to the parties because let's face it, my sister's really friends with everyone and some other boys find her really hot, but she never really went to those parties. So whenever there's a party, she gets invited and she would decline. It's always like,

"Tracy, hey, come to my party this weekend."

and my sister flashes her confused look and reply, "Oh I'm sorry, I can't."

and the inviter would be like, "Why? It's gonna be so much fun, Trace."

and she's like, "I have something to do. And no offense, but parties are really not my thing."

And then she would wave off whoever that person is and that person would just scratch his/her head and walk off.

It's not like Tracy doesn't have social life. She does. She goes to some Painting classes, Poetry reading, Tarot Card readings, Museums and bars as well. Bars with bands, to tell you. She likes underground music.

"Um, I don't know. You know how my sister goes like," I told them with a shrug.

"How about you Nick?"

Of course Nick would say yes. I mean, Joe aka the love of my life, his brother is the Life of the Party. He never fails to attend parties and he always always gets invited. Without Joe and his crew, the party would be completely excruciating. So whenever you throw in a party and Joe's crew isn't there, expect your party to be totally dull and unenjoyable.

"I don't think so." He silently replied as they gave him a surprised look.

xx

"Why did you say no? I mean, I'm sure you got an invite. You're brothers with Joe." I asked Nick as we walk out the campus and started to go home.

"Parties are not really my thing. Plus, someone here has to work on his History project..." Nick said in a teasing sing song way. Oh yeah, the History Project.

"Oh crap. But whatever. You should go to the party. I mean, that would be fun. And then you could tell me your party stories after." I told him.

Nick gave me a skeptical look. He knew what I'm thinking. "You want me to spy on Joe during the party?" Nick asked.

"Maybe. Maybe yes, Maybe no." I joked.

"I don't know, Ands. I mean, I really don't feel okay about this party." Nick shrugged.

I pouted. There's got to be some way to make Nick say yes.

"Okay fine. I'll go but, only if..."

"What?"

"You go with me."

"Are you kidding me?!" I asked him frantically. What is he talking about? I'm not even invited.

"No. I'm serious. Let's both go to the party and let's spy on Joe together," Nick said amused.

"But I'm not invited," I told him.

"Psh, Not important. I'm sure Joe could get you in." Nick said as if it's the easiest thing on Earth.

"Joe's gonna let me in?" I can't believe my ears.

"Duh. Come on! It's gonna be so much fun!" I kinda thought that Nick's bipolar. At first he doesn't want to come but now he's excited. What the.

"And I don't have anything to wear," I deadpanned.

"Psh, I'm sure you can find something in your closet. Or maybe you're sister's." Nick hinted. "Hey, maybe when you tried to raid your sister's closet, you could at least try to steal a piece of clothing from her? I mean, she's totally hot and everything..." I smacked Nick hard at his arm. I am seriously not enjoying Nick and his perverted thoughts about my sister.

"Ow, What? So now you can hit at my brother but I can't hit on your sister? That's totally unfair!" Nick joked as he rubbed his injured arm.

"Shut up. Okay, Hm. Let me think about our situation here. If I went to the party, I could spy on Joe...and get to party! Okay, I'll be going!" I announced happily.

"Okay, okay. Now we got a plan. So you think you could try to steal something from your sister?" Nick said. And for the 3rd time of the day, I smacked his arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY I SO LOVE MY UPDATING SCHEME