Don't Go to Sleep

One.

"G-Gerard?"

The sun went past the horizon as Gerard sat on the balcony, drawing in his small sketchbook. Mikey leaned against the banister.

"Gerard?"

Gerard started the shading, biting the corner of his lip, smiling as he got the shading just right. He smiled and stuck his tongue out the corner of his mouth, as he did darkening.

"For the love of God," Mikey sighed, "Gerard!"

Gerard looked up and stared at his brother. He cocked his head to the left, "What's up Mikes?"

"Did you notice that Frank has been a little distant?" Mikey was pulling at the vines wrapping around the dark black bars.

Gerard shifted in his seat, "I have noticed that. I wonder why." He drew more as the sun retreated and the sky turned black. He stopped drawing and got inside his room. Mikey following in shortly.

"Should we go check on him? I don't think he has plans today."

Gerard laid on his bed, continuing his drawing, "Do we have to?"

"Gerard!" Mikey was angry, putting his hands on his hips in a feminine way, "We are going to see why Frank is distant whether you like it or not!"

Gerard rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He grabbed his keys, "Let's go before I change my mind and leave you to go on your own."

They exited the room quickly, Mikey pushing Gerard so he wouldn't turn around and decided against going to see him.

Mikey counted eight minutes and twenty-four seconds as they exited the car and headed up the front steps, the wooden boards creaking and one snapping beneath Mikey's feet, causing him to stumble forward.

"This house is a dump." Gerard helped Mikey up and knocked on the door which caused an array of dust to lift from the door. Mikey began coughing and Gerard made a lame attempt to fan the dust away.

The door opened seconds later, and a young women answered, "G-Gerard.. M-Mikey?" It was Ileane, Frank's mother. "You guys shouldn't be here. Go home. Franks fine." There was a loud smash and she closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. "P-Please boys, just go home."

Gerard and Mikey refused the move, but watched dark shadows loom behind them, and a figure fly across the room and possibly land on a coffee table as both glass and wood cracked, shattered and split.

The figure cried out in agony.

Gerard and Mikey offered help with the problem, but she just shook her head and slammed the door in their face, leaving the brothers confused.

"Do you think the figure was Frank?" Gerard asked, his tone turned into worry.

"Do you think the person who threw him was his dad?"

"Why wouldn't his mom call the cops?"

"Fear?"

"Worry?"

Both boys thought then settled on fear. Something about Johnathon Iero didn't seemed to cause Ileane to turn into fear mode and keep herself from calling the authorities on her husband.

Maybe he was worse then both boys think.