True Love Lasts a Lifetime

Chapter Three

"SLOW DOWN!' I yelled from the passenger seat while holding onto the seat for dear life.

Nick must have been going at least 100 mph. I quickly glanced at the meter and surely enough I was wrong. Nick was going 110 mph.

"Do you want us to get pulled over by the police?" I screamed at him.

"Oh don't worry. They can't catch us. Not with this baby." Nick smiled from his seat.

"Oh really? Any why is that?"

"Because I rebuilt her to travel at this speed regularly. 110 mph is nothing compared to what she can really do. You wanna see?" he asked as he revved the engine signaling to me he was about to go faster.

"NO!" I screamed with all my might.

"Oh come on. why not?" he pleaded.

"umm...well...because I might get car sick." I said bluntly. Proud that I was able to come up with a good excuse.

"Owe." I screached as the car came to a sudden halt. "What was that for?" I asked.

"You are NOT getting sick in my car. There is no way Stacey is going to smell like nasty-ass puke."

"Stacey?"

"Yes, Stacey. The car." He said in a duh tone.

"Oh." was all i could say at the moment as I was still trying to get my heart rate back to normal and pry my hands from his seat. I'm sure Nick wouldn't be too happy with me if his precious Stacey had my hand prints in her seat.

"Get out."

"What?" I asked completely confused as to why Nick would abandon me in the middle of the street.

"Get out of the car. I'm hungry, I want to eat food."

I looked around me as I noticed we were not in the middle of no where but an IHOP. I hadn't realized Nick started the car back up and drove here. I got out of the car and obediently followed Nick. We walked into the restaurant and took our seats opposite each other in a booth that was far away from everyone else.

I took this time to really look at Nick. He had changed a lot since we were little. He was muscular and tall. He must have been about 6' 1" because he towered over my 5' 6" height. As he sat down I noticed the way his short but shaggy hair almost fell into his eyes. And that's when I saw them. His beautiful brown eyes that I haven't stared into since I was eight. For years I longed to see those eyes and they were finally in front of me and staring at me as intensely as I was staring at them.

I was finally able to break away from his eyes and look at the menu the waiter just gave me. I couldn't decide if I wanted pancakes, or eggs so I decided to get the breakfast sampler.

I heard Nick laugh from his side of the table so I asked, "What?"

"You haven't changed a bit." Nick said in remark to my choice to food which made me blush.

"I missed you." I said rather quietly a few minutes later.

Nick heard me and replied, "I missed you too."

We sat there for the next couple of minutes in a very awkward silence. Neither of us really knew what to say so we just sat there and stared at each other. Trying to get used to the changes that both of us had made. Nick and I were no longer children but teenagers.

When our food came the silence continued. I couldn't help but to think about all of the questions I had for Nick. Finally when I had enough of the silence I asked my biggest question.

"Why did you break your promise?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile but I am soooo busy!
I'm actually going to Texas for a week and I wont be able to update until I get back which will probably be next friday so I decided to post this now. Sorry for the cliffhanger but that's just the way it is :p anyway I hope you like the story.
comment and subscribe :]