True Love Lasts a Lifetime

Chapter Four

As I waited for Nick to answer I took a bite of my pancakes. It was absolutely delicious. I forgot how much I enjoyed IHOP. It took a minute of awkward silence for Nick to finally answer.

"Why did you break your promise?"

What!? "I'm not the one who was too busy to call their best friend!"

"I called you, a lot." Nick said quietly.

I didn't know what to say to that. I was still furious with him, but there was something about the look on his face that made me believe he truly cared about me. I couldn't be sure and I was not going to let my heart be broken once again by him.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Haven't you heard the rumors?" he smirked.

"Yes, but are they true."

"Maybe..." he smirked once again.

"Is this really your last chance?"

"Yes"

I just stared at him. I couldn't believe that Nick would ever be a bad person. What could he have possibly done that would cause him to be expelled from school? I had to find out. It couldn't be that bad.

"Nick, what happened to you?" I asked really quietly, still eating my pancakes.

"Nothing." Nick said rather harshly.

"Don't lie to me. I deserve to know the truth."

"Why? I haven't seen you in 7 years. What makes you think that you deserve to know about my life? You haven't cared for the past 7 years. What makes today any different?"

It was the most I've heard Nick say the whole time and I had no idea how to respond. I just sat there chewing my food trying not to cry while Nick glared at me.

"It goes both ways." I finally said.

He just looked at me with a questioning look on his face as I held the tears in and continued.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you. Ever. I called and every time you were too busy to talk. Don't think I don't care about you because to be honest you're the only person I truly care about and you broke my heart."

With that said the tears started to spill out. I couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm sorry." Nick whispered in my ear.

I looked next to me and there he was, not across from me but right next to me. So close that it would only take a few inches for me to touch him. And that's exactly what I did. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest. He gently rubbed my back trying to soothe me, but it only made it worse. I was crying because of the sadness he left me but also the happiness he gave me. It was never easy with Nick.

After a few minutes of crying I felt one of Nick's hands leave my back and go into his pocket to pull his wallet out I'm guessing. He placed the money on the table and lifted me bridal style with his muscular arms. I was perfectly content. There was no place I would rather be than in his arms.

"Shh. I'm here. Everything will be fine." Nick said to me as we were walking to his car.

He placed me in the seat and walked to the driver side. As soon as he started the engine he grabbed a hold of my hand and held it in his. We locked eyes for a moment and without saying a word he kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, but like I said I'm extremely busy.
I don't know when I'll be able to update next but I will as soon as I can.
comment & subscribe please!
It's greatly appreciated :]