All You Need to Do Is Observe

It's Not True

Gerard’s POV

I took Frank and Mikey home too I thought I may as well we do live in the same house. An hour after I had got home I decided I should go to the cemetery, hoping I would be there before the girl. I took my sketch book and pencil so I didn’t look so much like a stalker.
When I got there I noticed she was already there, sitting in exactly the position as yesterday, I sat down with my back against the wall again.
I got out my Sketch book and pencil and started drawing her this time without wings. I was going to make sure I didn’t concentrate on the drawing too much, so she didn’t go without me noticing. All the time I was drawing her she didn’t move a muscle just like last time, the only thing on her that moved where the tears rolling down her pale cheeks. She was so beautiful. I was putting the final touches on my drawing, I swear I only had my head down for a few seconds but when I looked up she had vanished, again. I was so annoyed at myself, I got up a few minutes later and just left.

I was walking home determined I was going to see her move if only an inch. I was going to go there straight after school I mean she had to go to and if I drove straight there after school I had to beat her. When I got home I walked straight to my room without even a glance at Frank and Mikey. I tore the new drawing of the girl out of my sketch book and placed it on my wall next to the one from yesterday. There was a knock at my door, it was Mikey probably going to tell me mom’s going to be working late.

“Yeah” I answered the door,

“Mom called –“ I cut him off, I knew exactly what he was going to say.

“She’s going to be late”

“Yeah” replied Mikey

“You okay?” Mikey seemed concerned.

“Yeah I’m fine, just tired from waking up so early” At this point I was so annoyed at myself I just wanted to be left alone, so I just brushed off his concern like he did to me this morning

“Okay” Mikey said just before leaving and shutting the door.

I sat on my bed thinking about the girl in the cemetery, why was I so caught up about her? I mean I had only seen her twice and I didn’t even know if she was actually there or a figment of my imagination. I had fallen asleep thinking about her.

I was sitting in the cemetery again. The girl was sitting in her usual spot in front of the nameless grave holding her legs in her chest and then she was sitting next to me and whispered in my ear.

“I’m not real Gerard and you know it” her voice was so calm and relaxed, she sounded if she was almost singing the words.

“You have to be real I’ve seen you twice in the cemetery” she has to be, I mean I had seen her twice.

“Are you sure Gerard?” of course I was sure… I think.

“Yeah I saw you and even drew you” yes I was sure, I couldn’t handle it if she wasn’t how could I explain that to myself.

“But are you really sure that I was there?” why does she keep asking me this question, I told her I was sure but then again...

“Yes, I think so” Crap I wasn’t so sure now. She was just asking me over and over to make me have second thoughts and now I was.

“How do you know, you have never seen me move” She makes a good point, but I know she is real I just have a feeling.

“I just know, you are real, you have to be!” I shouted at her, maybe this time she will believe me when I say it.
We had moved now we were sitting in front of the nameless grave

“That’s me down there” she said looking at me with her icy blue eyes and pointing to the grave.

“No it isn’t” I was now whispering for some reason,

“Yes it is Gerard” she paused for a second. Now looking at me with those same tears rolling down her cheeks,

“I committed suicide two years ago, that’s why there is no name” no she hadn’t I couldn’t make myself believe that. She was real and not dead.

“No, no you can’t have, you can’t”

“And why not Gerard?” there she goes again, making me have second thoughts, but I wasn’t going to give in.

“Because you’re not dead, you can’t be”

“Yes I can, and you know I am” She wasn’t giving us and neither was I,

“No, no, no!!!” I started shouting.