Status: I will continue this story!!! My laptop shut down.

If I Never See You Again

Chapter 11- Yeah, I've got issues, but your pretty

I slipped my mask onto my face. I was ready. At least I think I was. My ring sparkled in the light. Not that I was vain enough to think that this amazing ring was going to make this situation any better.
I heard a knock followed by Victoria’s voice, “Kelsi are you ready?”
“Coming!”
I opened the door,” Victoria you look great.”
She was dressed in an ivory green ball gown. The top was kind of like a corset. She was pushed on top of her head.
“Please were almost sisters, call me Vicky.”
“Well call me Kels.”
She grabbed my hand, “Come on people are starting to arrive.”
She dragged me down the steps onto the first floor where the ball room was. It was grandly decorated. Cathedral like paintings were on the ceiling, Candlelit chandeliers were the only light in the room.
“How are we supposed to see in this light?”
Victoria laughed into her hand,” We’ll be using our sight and smell. You’ll be bumping into people all night.”
“Oh goody.”
She slide her mask over her face and her eyes glowed. I helplessly watched as she danced of basically leaving me blind for the night. Strong hands wrapped around my waist.
“Don?”
“Guess again.” He blew his breathe against my neck.
I turned to face him, “Blake? What are you doing?” I hissed.
“You look great.” He said not answering my question.
I wiggled out of his arms, “I’m an almost married woman. What will people think?”
“Who cares? Dance with me.”
Be for I could respond, he was swinging me around the dance floor.
“Blake…” I tried pleading with him.
“Stop worrying so much.” He pulled me closer, “My brother always gets the best things.”
“Excuse me, but may I cut in?” Don held out his hand.
I could feel the tension as I looked from Blake to Don.
“Of course,” Blake bowed and slipped away.
I crossed my arms over my chest, “I don’t wanna dance with you.”
“Too bad.”
He grabbed my arm, “What’s wrong with you?”
“Nothing.”
“You can’t go around dancing with my brother when your suppose to be my fiancé.”
“Well sorry for ruining your happy little fantasy.” I spat.
“I need to talk to you.”
“You’re sure as hell right about that.”
“What’s wrong with you? You’re acting like… like…”
“What,” I smiled,” A big bitch? Can’t bring yourself to say it?”
He snarled, “Fine, your being a bitch. Happy?”
“Tickled pink.”
He leaned down to whisper, “I’m sorry about the other night.”
”Why didn’t you tell me you were married before?”
“What? Who told you that?”
“Blake.”
He groaned, “That bastard.”
“So, I should have a right to know.”
“I don’t know every Tom, Dick, and Harry you’ve ever been with.”
I snatched away from him, “There’s a difference and you know it.”
“Can we not have this conversation here?”
“Fine,” I crossed my arms, “Let’s have it some where else.”
I could feel eyes on us as he led to the backdoor. We were outside now. I pulled my mask off my face, “Okay explain.”
I finally got a chance to notice how good he looked. Sauvé in his tux, tie hanging loosely, and black vans instead of the regular black church shoe look. As mad as I was it took a lot of restraint to not jump on him.
“I was married before and I was engaged another time as well.”
I leaned back on the wall, “So I’m not the first to be traded away.”
“That’s not what happened.”
“Tell the story then.”
“A very long time ago, in the 1800’s I met this woman named Carol. She worked at a flower shop. We dated for a few months and I fell in love. I wanted to propose, but there was the fact that-“
“You were a blood sucker?”
“Yes, when I told her she seemed fine with the fact. I proposed and we went on with our wedding. Then a few months later we found out she was pregnant with a child.”
I could believe how insanely jealous I was getting, “What happened after that?”
“During her pregnancy she became insanely depressed. She spent days in her room. One day I went to check on her and… she was dead. She bleed to death.”
“I’m sorry.” I whispered.
“Her suicide note said that she couldn’t stand the thought of bringing another ‘monster’ into the world.”
I wiped my eyes, “I’m sorry I asked.”
He walked over to me, wiping the tears that rolled down my cheeks,”Don’t be you had a right to know.”
I leaned on his chest, “I don’t want to hear the other story.”
He wrapped his arms around me, “Alright.”
“I feel like shit,” I sniffed.
He lifted my face up, “Don’t feel that way.”
“I can’t help it.”
“I don’t want you to feel bad for me. I did enough of that.”
“But I-“
“Shhhh,” He put his finger to my lips, “Stop it.”
I pressed my lips to his. The electric energy washed over me. He hands slid up and down my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
“Kelsi, Don are you out here?” Victoria’s voice broke the spell.
Don cleared his throat, “We’ve here.”
“Mom has been looking all over for you guys and-“She looked at my face, “Kelsi what happened to your face?”
I wiped my smudged make-up, “I’m fine.”
She eyed us suspiciously, “are you sure?”
I nodded, “Yeah.”
We followed her back inside. Mr. and Mrs. Catabelle were standing in front of the crowd, “Ah their they are.”
Mr. Catabelle mentioned for us to come up front. I kept telling myself not to look at anyone, hoping to calm my nerves.
“Isn’t she simply gorgeous and she hasn’t even been turned yet.” The crowd clapped as Mr. Catabelle draped an arm around. I turned to Don confused. What was he talking about?
“We hope to all see you at their wedding next month.” He passed the mic to me, “Kelsi, why don’t you sing something.”
I shook my head furiously. I had no idea what to sing to these people.
“Oh, don’t be so modest Kelsi,” Mrs. Catabelle smiled at my displeasure, “Sing.”
Don placed his hand on my shoulder, “Mother she said no.”
She stiffen, “Fine, then.”
“Thank you,” I whispered as we moved away from the crowd.
“I don’t see why she doesn’t like you.”
I shrugged, “No clue.”
“Want to get out here?”
I smiled, “ Absolutely.”
We didn’t bother to change. We went out front.
“So where are we going?”
“There you go asking questions.”
We walked to the side of the building. He pulled the cover of his motorcycle, “Ta da!”
I laughed, “Now way.”
“Why not?” he tossed me a helmet.
“Ummm one I’m were a ball gown home much sense does that make? And two, I’ve never ridden one.”
He revved up the engine, “Hop on.”
I sighed and put the helmet on top of my head, “This better be safe.”
“I won’t hurt, you. I promise.”
I hopped onto the back and held on for dear life.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and all that good stuff