Status: I will continue this story!!! My laptop shut down.

If I Never See You Again

Chapter 6-Home Sweet Home

I stretched out, “Finally that flight is over.”
It wasn’t that bad. After the movie, Don and I played Uno! (I whipped his British ass), Go Fish, and Old Maid.
“Were not there yet.” Don stepped off the plane behind me, “We still have some driving to do.”
“Boooo,” I climbed into the waiting limo, “This better be quick.”
“Oh my fucking god,” I breathed as we pulled up to the manor (fuck that it was like a damn castle). It was several stories high (maybe six or seven). It had some kind of weird tower thing like in Rapunzel. A long winding path led up to the house and a thick forest surrounded it.
“More swearing.”
I stepped out and breathed in fresh air, “Ahhhh!”
A gray wolf growled at me baring its teeth. I hopped into Don’s arms, “Help me!”
“Down Kayla.”
“Is she your pet or something?”
‘Kind of.”
She growled at me again. I clung to Don. Ugh, why did he have to smell so good?
“She’s just a little jealous.”
He put me down. Kayla gave me one last growl before snuggling up to Don.
“Don’t worry about the bags Henry, our butler, will get them for you.”
We started walking up the path. I kept noticing blinking red eyes staring at me.
“Is this some kind of wolf motel?”
“Not exactly. It’s said that vampires could actually turn into wolves. Most of the locals call it wolf’s peak.”
“So there’s some kind of beach around here?”
He nodded, “Yeah, it’s on the other side of the cove.”
We finally reached the actual house, “Welcome.”
I entered the house. It was very dimly lit. But I could still see the gorgeous decorating. The windows were picture panes. Like the ones at church. Everything was blood red and black. I loved it.
“Is that a piano?”
Don nodded, “it’s kind of taking up space. No one has played since my great-great grandmother died.”
“I thought vampires were immortal.”
“Surprise, surprise those myths are actually right.”
‘What else is true?”
“We sleep in coffins, but we don’t need to. It sleep helps us walk around in sunlight. The same works for drinking blood.”
“Anything else?”
“There are three types of vampires. Ones that feed off people’s energy, the ones that feed off blood, and the ones that do both.”
“Which one are you?”
“I feed off both.”
“Oh,” Total awkward silence.
‘Let me show you to your room.”
I followed him up the stairs to the second story. He opened a door, “Here you are.”
The room was styled a lot like my old room, except it was a lot bigger. The bed sat between two doors.
“That’s the bathroom and your closet.”
The computer desk was by the window, where I had a nice ocean view. The two large dressers were up against the wall.
‘I’ll leave you to get settled.”
I explored looking into the bathroom, which was pre stocked with different types of soap and bath wash. I walked into the huge walk in closet, “no way.”
They had also stocked my closet. Most of it were dresses and stuff, but there was stuff I would actually wear.
I heard a knock at the door. I assumed it was the butler so I opened the door.
“Hey,” if this was the butler then I was going to love it here.
“Hey, I’m Kelsi.”
“Yeah, I know. I’m Blake, Don’s brother.”
He did look a lot like down. They had the same pale grey eyes and angular face. He had he has cut short and was a little less muscular. Something about him read dangerous.
“He didn’t mention he had a brother.”
He shrugged his shoulders, “Figures.”
Sibling rivalry. Awkward.
‘Well, I’ll see you around Kelsi.” The way he said my name sent shivers down my back.
I closed the door. Shortly after the door was being knocked on again.
This time it was Henry.
“Hello, miss.” He carried several of my bags and didn’t even look tired, “Where should I put these?”
“Anywhere,” I said amazed.
I laid back on my bed. After that long flight I was dead tired. Maybe a nap would do me good.
“Kelsi,”
“Ahhhh!” I screamed and fell out of the bed.
‘I’m sorry are you hurt?”
Don scooped me up bridal style.
“No, you scared me. Ever heard of knocking?”
“Sorry,” He placed me back on the bed, “It’s time to meet my family.”