Status: I will continue this story!!! My laptop shut down.

If I Never See You Again

Chapter 7-Meet the In-laws

“Do I have to?”
“Yes, it’s important you meet the people that are most important to me.”
“Well can I at least change?”
“Go ahead.”
‘Get out!”
He smiled and walked out closing the door behind him.
I got up and searched in my purse for my cell phone. It was only 9:55 p.m. and it was still Sunday. Great now I had a whole new time zone to get used to.
I searched trough my bags for something decent to wear. I found a plain baby blue dress and paired it with some lime green leggings. I found and green belt and buckled it a across my waist. I slipped into my wedged flip-flops and ran into the bathroom in search of a mirror.
“Damn,” I sighed in frustration. No mirror. Remember to request one. I dumped out m purse and found a compact. I did my makeup and brushed through my hair adding a blue and green headband.
“Okay, I’m ready.”
Don was standing by the door waiting patiently.
“You look wonderful.”
“Thanks, but I could use a mirror in my room.”
“I’ll tell Henry to bring you one.”
“Is he like a super human or something? Cause for an old guy he sure can lift a lot.”
“No,” Don laughed, “He’s a vampire. Most of our help is.” I liked the way he laughed. He tossed his head back and it sounded like a deep rumble.
He grabbed my hand. Cold.
“Their waiting for us in the dining room.”
I took a deep breath, “I’m ready.”
His family was sitting at the dinning room table, which was way to large for the six of us. It looked like it could hold twenty.
“Kelsi, this is my mother, Catalina, my sister Victoria, my brother Blake and my youngest sister Anju.”
They all had pale grey eyes which I guess ran in the family. His mother had dark black hair with grey streaks that was placed into a high bun on top of her bed. She had high cheekbones. No doubt she was gorgeous. The whole family was gorgeous. I’ve never seen a more perfect family. Victoria was an exact replica of her mother. Her hair fell down her shoulders. Anju, on the other hand, had completely grey hair. Like an old person’s. She looked very sad and sullen. Her bangs were cut across and fell into her eyes.
“You meet my father yesterday.”
I waved.
Victoria stood and walked over to me. I tensed up is she going to bite me?
“Welcome,” She hugged me tightly. She had a very soft voice.
“Thanks,”
She pulled apart from me, “I hope you enjoy living here.”
“Sit down.” His mother motioned for me to sit, “Dinner is soon to be served.”
I sat down. A plump older woman sat a plate in front of me, bowed, and walked away.
I stared at the plate and everyone stared at me.
“Aren’t you guys going to eat?”
“We are.” Victoria smiled simply.
I looked at Don for an explanation.
“My sisters feed off energy. My mother and I feed off both. Blake and my father feed on err… others.”
“You have a very nice aura.” Anju spoke quietly.
Oh god, I’m so creeped out.
“Don’t worry we don’t bite.” Blake smiled showing his fangs.
Oh my god he’s going to eat me.
“Is there something wrong with the food?” Vince asked.
“It’s just kind of weird having everyone watch me.”
“Well we’ll leave.”
He rose and the family joined him, “Enjoy your meal.”
“Oh,” Catalina turned back to face me, “This Saturday night were having a little coming out ball to announce your marriage to my son. Tomorrow Helen and I will help you pick out something suitable.”
She walked out, “Well she seems nice.” Note the heavy sarcasm. I was hungry, so I ate quickly and walked back into the main hall.
“Wow,” I stared at the portraits of the family. They were even better looking in paintings.
“Are you ready?”
“Huh?” I hadn’t noticed Don sitting by the doorway.
“I’ll take you back to your room.”
We walked in silence back towards my room.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah I’m fine.”
“You seem depressed.”
I sighed, “It’s just. Here I am about to get married and I don’t know anything about you.”
“Sure you do.”
“No. I don’t know your favorite color or song or food.”
“Isn’t that obvious?”
“Forget it,” I closed my door, “It doesn’t matter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
For all the people who read my story and commented. u guys rock