Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Eleven: Dating Is What Everyone's Doing

As I head back to the cafeteria, the bell dings.

Well, so much for breakfast! Thanks a lot Ryan!

I start to head towards my first period class. Calculus, unfortunately, with Ryan. I walk in and see the only empty seat is next to Ryan, again!

As I sit down, I hear Ryan scoff. I cough 'jerk' and turn towards the teacher, while he stares at me with an opened mouth.

"Dude, stop drooling at Amber. It's gross." says a kid with purple hair and black eyes.

I think his name is Luke.

"I was not drooling and I was looking behind Amber, out the window!" Ryan says.

"Whatever dude. You don't have to get all pissy over it." Luke replies.

"Hush, students! It's learning time." says Mr. Pepp.

I look at him for real this time. He's wearing a green sweater vest with a brown long-sleeve shirt and brown courteroy (sp?) pants.

Wow! This guy must of been a real math geek in high school! Haha!

The bell finally dings, after what seems like forever. I get up to leave, when Caine pulls on my arm. I look at his hand on my arm.

Oh my gosh! Caine is touching me!

I squeal inside my head.

"Amber, wait. I have to talk yo you." he says.

What does he need to talk to meabout?

I look into his eyes. I see confusion in his purplely haze of an eye.

(*Author's Note: I don't think 'purplely' is a word, but now it is! Haha! Now back to the story...*)

He continues, "There's something wrong with Ryan. Ever since he's met you, he's been day-dreaming, always talking about how annoying you are, and even worse, not paying attention to the other girls! I don't know what's wrong with him. I know your half Human Sorcerer, so I'm thinking you might of put a spell on him or something."

"What? No! I don't even know a spell. To tell you the truth, Hale thinks he's in love with with me, but we all know that's definitely not true!" I reply.

Caine burrows his eyebrows in confusion, then says, "You know, I actually agree with Hale. He doeslike you. Maybe not love, but close enough to it. I can't believe I didn't see it!"

"I don't think so." I say, chuckling nervously. "I got to go to my next class. I'll talk to you later, Caine. Bye."

I start to walk away.

"Bye." I hear Caine say in the distance.

Is it true that he really likes me? I mean two people already think so. NO! I can't like him, he's a werewolf! Gosh, what's happening to me?

Class goes by quickly and I soon find myself scarfing down a turkey BLT.

That's what you get for skipping breakfast!

I look at Kerry and Hale. They're stuck in their own conversation, something about a question and who's right or wrong. I take a look at Amanda and Alyssa, talking about some fashion magazine called Love Story.

I take a sneak look at Ryan and see that he's staring right back at me. He quickly looks away and then starts to talk to a guy with blue hair and yellow eyes.

"Hey, Alyssa? Who's that guy with the blue hair and yellow eyes talking to Ryan?" I ask her.

She stops talking to Amanda and says, "Who? Oh, that's Tim, he's a Lycan and also Hale's boyfriend. And the one with the white hair and purple eyes is Caine, my boyfriend. He's a Neko.

"The one with purple hair and black eyes is Luke, Kerry's boyfriend, the Dark Elf Prince. And the one with black hair and red eyes is Greg, Amanda's boyfriend, a Demon."

"Oh." I say all depressed.

All of them have a boyfriend but me.

"Don't worry though. Not all of the guys in their little clique are taken. Ryan's still sorta available, but he's a total player." Kerry says.

Great so I'm really the only one single, because I'm not a player.

Just as I finish eating, Amanda screams, "I got it!"

We all look at her confused.

"don't you see," Amanda now says in a whisper, "We make Amber into a player and get Ryan jealous! It's flawless!"

"Do boys get jealous?" I ask.

"Of course they get jealous! Everyone gets jealous!" Hale exclaims.

"That's perfect! It cannot fail!" Alyssa says, excitedly.

"But Amber's not a player." Kerry states.

"We can turn her into one. She's already hot, so it shouldn't be too hard." Amanda relpies.

Wait? I'm hot! Haha, no way. You've got it all wrong! I'm not even close to hot.

"Okay, so it's settled. Everyone meet at our place after dinner. We'll give Amber a makeover and a lesson on how to be a player!" Alyssa says.

We all nod.

I guess it could work. Maybe I'll meet some guys I'll actually fall in love with, but I doubt it.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. After dinner, Hale, Kerry, Amanda, and Shannon all met Alyssa and I at our place.

"Okay, people. We only got three and a half hours to teach Amber how to become a player." Shannon states.

"But doesn't that mean I have to have sex with people?" I ask.

"Only if your a lower class player. but we're going to teach you to be an upper class player." Hale says.

"What's the difference?" I ask her.

"Lower class players say yes to everyone, from dating all the way to sex." Kerry interrupts.

"Yes," Hale continues. "But an upper class is classy. Their motto is 'You can look, but you can't touch, unless you have the key.'"

"Meaning, you can like me all you want, but I won't date you, unless I like you back." Alyssa says.

"So, basically it's like regular dating, but you only date for like a week the most." Amanda says.

"Some people call it a fling." Shannon says,

"And people actually do this?" I ask, surprised.

"Yes." Hale says.

"This doesn't sound like such a good idea anymore." I say.

"Okay, well, I guess we'll have to think of another plan." Alyssa sighs.

After about ten minutes of pacing, Amanda says, "I've got nothing."

"I do!" Kerry says.

We all lean in closer eager to what she has to say.

"What if we find a perfect guy for her to day for like more than a month."

"Yeah. That way she doesn't seem shallow as a player, but still makes Ryan jealous!" Amanda exclaims.

"Remind me again why we want Ryan jealous?" Shannon asks.

"Yeah, I'm, still confused about that myself." I add to Shannon's question.

"Because my brother likes you and we think you two would be the cutest couple!" Alysssa says.

"But he's a Werewolf and she's part Vampire. Hello? There's a war going on between you two!" Shannon says.

"But that didn't stop Alyssa and Amber from becoming friends, so why should it matter to Ryan?" Kerry says.

"I guess..." Shannon says.

Should I tell them what Ryan said about me in Calculus? Probably.

"Hey guys? During Calc yesterday, I listened in to Ryan and Caine's conversation, about me." I say.

"Oh my gosh! You have to tell us!" Amanda gushes.

"Okay, so he said that I was friends with Alyssa and was a Vampire. Then Caine said he was surprised I was hot and royalty. Then Ryan went on about what had this world come to where a Vampire and Werewolf befriend. Then Caine said that maybe we got over the fact of whatwe were and focused on whowe were."

"That's my Caine!" Alyssa says, smiling proud.

I continue, "Ryan kept complaining about me being a Vampire and all. Then, today Caine told me that ever since Ryan met me, he's been acting different. Saying that he's always either day-dreaming or complaining about how annoying and stupid I am.

"Then Caine said that the worse thing is that Ryan's been paying less attention to girls lately, and thought since I was half a Human Sorcerer, I put a spell on Ryan or something, but I don't know any spells or even how to do one, so it can't possible be a spell. It was so odd. I had no idea what to do." I finish.

They all look at me with funny faces.

"Please, say something!" I say.

"Oh. My. Gosh! Ryan soooo likes you!!!" Shannon yells.

Everyone else nods in agreement.

"Okay, so the plain is to try and get Amber a boyfriend. All in favor?" Alyssa asks.

"YAY!" Everyone yells.

"Okay, then it's settled. I hope your ready for this, Amber." Hale says.

I just smile back.

I hope so too.

"Well, it's getting late and cerfew is in half an hour, so we'll see you tomorrow, Amber and Alyssa. Night!" Kerry says, leaving with her roommate Shannon.

"We better go too. Night you guys." hale says, leaving with her roommate Amanda.

"Night." Alyssa says.

I just wave goodbye. We both get ready for bed. By the time it's 22 o'clock, our lights are off and we're both in bed.

"Alyssa, you awake?" I whisper.

"Yeah. What is it?" she asks me.

"Do you know when my father is coming back?"

"No, I don't. But I bet he'll be back soon."

"Okay....Night." I reply.

"Night." Alyssa says back.

I fall asleep right before I see two red eyes trough the window.