Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Three: Plane And Limo Rides

It took exactly one hour to get there. All three of us head towards gate 214, crying. People stare at us, but I don’t care.

“My Gosh! This is so embarrassing! My make-up’s probably running!” Melissa says.

I look at her face and then my mothers. I laugh.

“Yeah, you both do!” I say.

Melissa sticks her tongue at me then says, “So is yours, so, HA!”

We both laugh. Even my mother joins in. We get to the door right when the loudspeaker announces my flight is ready to board. I hug my mother tightly. She’s still crying.

“Goodbye Mommy. I’ll miss you.” I say to her.

I haven’t called her ‘Mommy’ since I walk like eight. She starts to shake uncontrollably.

I look at her and say, “It’s okay Mommy. I’ll be fine. I love you so much!”

Cheesy, I know! HA!

“It’s so sad. My baby is growing up and is going to live on her own!”

“Mother!” I complain.

“Okay, I love you too. Just…just be safe and don’t do anything you wouldn’t do at home, okay?” she says.

I smile, “Okay, Mommy.” I walk over towards Melissa, she’s still crying too.

“Oh, Melissa. Please stop crying. You’re going to make me start crying again!” She looks at me and smiles.

“Sorry. It’s just that I’m going to miss you so much! I mean, you’re my older sister, you know?”

“Yeah, I know. I’m going to miss you too! You don’t know how lonely I’ll be there! I won’t have you or mother, because you’ll be across the Atlantic Ocean! That’s really far!” I reply.

“Don’t worry, you’ll probably make new friends there on the first day!” Melissa says.

“Last call for flight 214 to London, England. I repeat. LAST CALL!” The loudspeaker announces.

“Okay, well I better go. I love you both so much! Wish my luck! Bye!” I walk away slowly.

I turn around one last time to see everything I’ve ever known my whole life. My town, my school, my house, my family, my pond. Everything I’ve ever held dear in my childhood are now just memories and nothing’s going to remind me of them, other than the thought.

WOW! Well this definitely will be a life changing experience!

I find my seat, 34-A.

Good, a seat by the window. I always loved the window seat!

I sit down, put my seat belt on and decide to fix my make-up while I wait for lift-off.

Well this is going to be a long flight! Maybe I should take a nap to past the time.

Once I finish re-applying my make-up, I decide it’s a good idea to close my eyes. I drift off into a restless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up right before the plane starts to land.

“Excuse me, what time is it here?” I ask a flight attendant.

“It’s 14:30, Miss. That’s 2:30 your way.” She says in an English accent.

I look back out the window. The plane lands. I get off hand head towards baggage claim. The airport here is huge! There’s so many people, hurrying around, talking to each other, and dragging their big luggage around. I grad my bags and see a guy holding a sign up. It read:

AMBER JANE HARPER

KNIGHT BOARDING SCHOOL

I guess that’s the name of my new school.

“Hello. I’m Amber.” I say to him.

He has black hair in a messy style, ocean blue eyes and a tan saying ‘I just came back from vacation in the Caribbean’. He’s wearing a black suit and tie with a white button-up dress shirt.

“Hello, Miss. My name is James Hardvor. I will be you drive today.” he says with an English accent.

He looks like a James Bond, but more hot! And a gentlemen too! He’s good so far in my book! Oh My Gosh! I can’t believe I just got here and am thinking this about the Shaffer. Okay, this year I am only going to think of friends and schoolwork. No boys just like all the years before. No boys!

“Please, let me take you luggage. Follow me.” James continues.

I follow him out of the exit and see him start to put my bags in a black, stretch-limousine trunk.

Oh My Gosh! I get to ride in that! This is so cool!

He opens the door for and I climb inside. It has a black, leather interior with dark cherry wood accents. James starts the engine and starts to drive away.

“So..um..how long is the drive?” I ask him.

“The drive is about 2 ½ - 3 hours, Miss.” James answers back.

Why is he calling me Miss? I mean he does look to be around twenty and yet so formal?

“Please, just call me Amber, okay?”

He just nods in response then ignores me.

Did I do something wrong?

I look out the window at the tress and tress of land.

Guess we’re out of the city and in the countryside. It’s so sunny out. The perfect day for sitting by the pond. Too bad my pond’s not here, though.

I decide to listen to my I-pod since the radio sucks in this limo. “Fer Sure” by Medic Droid comes on. I drift off to sleep, again.