Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Five: Friends And School Uniforms

Alyssa and I reach the Cafeteria. I realize that we’re still holding hands.

She sees someone and screams, “HALE! KERRY! AMANDA!” She lets go of my hand and sprints to a table full of three girls.

One has purple hair and purple eyes. Another has black hair and yellow eyes. And the last one has green hair and red eyes. They are all gorgeous!

The one with black hair and yellow eyes screams, “Alyssa! Oh my gosh! I thought you weren’t coming this year!”

“Yeah, well I convinced my parents.” Alyssa says with a wink.

The girl with green hair and red eyes says, surprised, “Oh no! Alyssa! You didn’t!”

The other girl with purple hair and eyes says, sternly, “Amanda, Kerry…she did.”

I’m guessing that’s Hale then. The girl with green hair and red eyes goes wide-eyed. The other one hits Alyssa’s arm and says, “No! Alyssa, you have to stop this now!”

“But if I do, I won’t be able to see you guys!” Alyssa says with a frown and puppy-dog eyes.

Hale sighs, and then says, “Fine, but when its winter break, your reversing it, okay!”

Alyssa sighs, and then says, “Fiinnnnnneeeee!”

I’m just standing there, very uncomfortable.

Hale points to me and says, “Who’s she?”

Alyssa’s face lights up and says, “Oh, right! So, girls, this is Amber, mo roommate. She’s from Vermont! Isn’t that exciting?!”

Why would it be exciting that I’m from Vermont?

“This is Hale,” Alyssa points, “Kerry,” the one with black hair and yellow eyes, “and Amanda.” the one with green hair and red eyes.

They all smile wide at me.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Amber!” Kerry says, excitedly.

“Well, I’m hungry, lets go on the food line.” Amanda says, completely ignoring me.

They all get up and walk towards the line of people.

“Wee, Amber, aren’t you coming?” Hale asks.

I just nod and then follow them. Once we get to the food, I see all different stuff. They have fruit punch in huge water bottles, some blue-looking spaghetti, brown salad with purple tomatoes, and green soup. It looked disgusting! I wanted to puke!

Alyssa whispers to me “Tell the cooks your name, then tell them what you want. It could be anything and they’ll make it for you.”

I look at her, confused.

“Just do it!” She orders me. I nod make in response.

It finally came to be my turn.

“What’ll you have, Miss?” the cute old man asked me.

“Umm…I’m Amber Harper. I would like a chicken fajita with refried beans and a lemon iced tea, please.”

The old man, looks surprised and excited, says, “Of course Miss Harper! It’ll be ready in about five minutes!”

I just smile in return, and then walk back to our table. I sit down in between Alyssa and hale. Three minutes later, my food arrives at the table.

Wow, they’re fast.

I take a bit into my fajita and fell it’s spicy sensation tingle all over me.

Oh my gosh! Not only are they fast, but there amazing at cooking too! I am so in heaven right now.

“Looks like you enjoying your meal Amber.” Alyssa says.

I smile at her and get a scoop of beans into my mouth.

“So, Amber, what’s it like back in Maine in a public school?” Kerry asks me.

“Well, actually, I hate it. All the people there hate and avoid me. I think it’s cause they all dress preppy and I don’t. So, I guess you could say that I was an out-cast at my old school.” I reply, sadly.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Well, how do you like it here?”

“I don’t really know. I mean. I’ve only been here since this evening. But so far, I love it! This place is amazing! I just love the décor; it’s so medieval-gothic. Not to mention you guys! Everyone’s so nice to me. It’s like I’ve know you since I was little, even though we just met. I mean, the only people that ever really spoke to me was my sister mother.”

Oh! Yeah…since you were little.”

Alyssa glares at her, Amanda looks down at her plate, in shame.

“So, what about your father? Didn’t he ever talk to you?” Kerry asks in a sarcastic tone.

I look down at my plate.

I haven’t thought of him in a while. Gosh, I wish I got to know him better.

Hale kicks Kerry’s shin. She gives Hale a look like ‘what was that for?’

“My father past away when I was three. So, I never really got to know him. All I do know is that he was a kind, caring sweet man with hair as yellow as the sun and eyes as blue as the sky with the body of a God. Or at least, that’s my mother’s perspective.” I sigh loudly.

“I’m sorry, Amber.” Hale says.

Alyssa leans over and side hugs me. I look at her surprised.

“What? You looked like you needed a hug!” Alyssa says.

I smile at her and hug back.

“Well, dinner’s over. Who wants to go back to my room and watch a movie?” Hale asks.

Everyone buy myself nods and gets up.

“I got to get my school uniform, so I’ll meet you guys there in an hour or so, okay?” I tell them.

“Alright, bye, Amber!” Alyssa says.

I start to walk towards the Headmaster’s office, when I hear my name and two people whispering. I decide to listen in and hide behind a drapery.

“Yeah, so I heard that Amber Jane Harper is attending here!” a deep man’s voice says.

“You mean the eldest daughter of George Daniel Harper?” a squeaky girl’s voice replies.

There’s a pause and then the man says, “And what’s even weirder is that she’s still in human form!”

How do they know my farther? Did he go here when he was younger or something? And wait! Did he say that I’m still un human form? Why wouldn’t I be? Aren’t they?

The lady then says, “Shush! I hear someone! Come on, lets go before we get into trouble for talking about a King!”

I hear them scurry away.

King? Wait, do they mean my father? No! That can’t be, or else I would be a princess. HA! Don’t make me laugh.

I start to walk again towards Headmaster Hook’s office. I knock on the door and hear a man say, “Come in, Miss Harper.”

I push open the door and see two ladies wearing black and white maids outfits sitting down, across from Headmaster Hook.

“Hello, Miss Harper.” Glad you could make it. Please, stand on the stool before you, and Sarah and Kirsten can get to work.”

I nod and stand up into the stool. The two maids, Sarah and Kristen, start to measure me. After an hour of standing, I’m finally allowed to sit. I slouch in my chair, my legs numb from standing for so long.

Not even fifteen minutes later, Kristen makes me stand up again. Sarah walks in with a black jacket, a red button-up blouse, a short, black tie, a red frilly skirt that ends at me knee, and a pair of black, two-inch pumps.

Oh…my…gosh! It’s GORGEOUS! It’s like they hacked into my brain for the perfect outfit that would fit me best!

Here, try it on.” Sarah states.

Everyone covers their eyes while I undress. I finish putting it on and look in the mirror.

Is that me? It certainly doesn’t look like me. I…I actually look…pretty!

I start to feel a smirk from on my lips. Kristen uncovers her eyes and nudges Sarah, who also uncovers her eyes.

“Wow! Miss Harper! You look absolutely beautiful!”

Stunning!” Sarah says, smiling.

I blush and mumble a thank you. Headmaster Hook uncovers his eyes and says, “Excellent. Miss Harper, please head back to your room. Curfew is at twenty-one o’clock, which is in a half hour.”

I smile and head out towards my room. I walk back, passing people whispering and looking at me.

What? Do I look like a freak in this outfit or something?

I feel my smile change quickly into a frown.

It feels just like home now. With all the hurtful gossip and bullying.