Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Six: The Book Of Mystical Creatures

I finally get back to my room and open the door. I see Alyssa in a purple tank with black bootie shorts, watching TV.

“Hey, sorry I missed the movie. They took forever with my uniform.” I say to her.

“Oh, it’s okay. Hey, why don’t you get ready fro bed, and then come back out here. I wanna show you something.” Alyssa replies.

“Okay.” I say.

I head towards my closet to see half of it filled with my uniforms already.

I don’t know how they do that, but they’re good. They must have secret passageways or something.

I change into an ‘Invader Zim’ t-shirt and matching pajama pants. I walk into the bathroom, take off my make-up, wash up, and brush my hair out. I walk out and sit next to Alyssa on the couch. I see that she’s holding an old-looking black book. She turns the TV off then turns to face me.

Is that book what she wants to show me?

She hands me the book and says, “Before you open it, answer this. Do you know why everyone here looks and acts different?”

I look at her confused. “Because boarding school kids are different from public school kids?”
She shakes her head no. “Do you know why you feel like you’ve known Hale, Kerry, Amanda, and I since you were little?” she asks.

“Because I do?” I say questioningly.

She shakes her head no, again. “Do you know why everyone at your old school never talked to you or why they avoided you?”

“I already told you why. Because I dressed differently then the rest of them.”
“Just read this, than I’ll give you an answer and explanation, okay?” she says.

“Okay?” I reply, unsure.

I look at the cover. The title is in big, gold, fancy letters and reads ‘The Book of Mystical Creatures’. I brush my fingers over the title to feel it embedded in the cover.

I open to the first page:

Social Classes Of Mystical Creatures:

Upper (26%):Vampires- Werewolves

Angels/Spiritual Guardians - Demons/Devils

Middle (53%):Fallen Angels

Witches/Wizards - Sorcerers

Warlocks - Merfolk/Sirens

Fairies - Light/Dark Elves

Lycans

Lower (21%):Nekos - Hybrids

Human Sorcerers

Humans

Descriptions of Mystical Creatures:

Angels - are a messenger of God and an expression of God Himself. They have white, feathery wings and golden halos.

Spiritual Guardians- are angels whose only purpose is to protect someone from harm. This protection can be either general or against a specific danger. They have white, feathery wings and blue halos.

Fallen Angels- were angels of God, however disobeyed Him and became fallen to walk the Earth forever. They have gray, feathery wings and gray halos.

Demons/Devils- are fallen angels under the command of Satan. Those who are free of Satan’s command are just known as fallen angels. They have black, bat-like wings and black horns.

Witches/Wizards- are people who use or practice magic that derives from supernatural. Females who practice witchcraft are known as Witches. Males who practice witchcraft are known as Wizards.

Warlocks- are a witch or wizard who betrayed the trust of a coven.

Sorcerers- a being (of any race) that has the knowledge, or possesses an innate talent, that allows them to draw upon the magical energies generated by themselves, their environment, or the ability to channel the magic flow of another, to accomplish any number of tasks. Any individual can become a sorcerer, provided that they have the drive to undergo the training, and can take the strains of channeling magical energy. Are more powerful than witches, wizards and warlocks. They don’t need to cast a spell for it to occur.

Fairies- are an intelligent species, distinct from humans and angels. Usually a small creature in human-like form, similar to elves, sometimes having wings, and always possessing supernatural power. They have small, pointed ears and butterfly-like wings. They are also more powerful than elves.

Elves- are Scandinavian fairies. They are divided into light and dark elves. They have pointed ears and no wings.

Vampires- are creatures that suck blood from humans and/or animals. There are two main ways to become a vampire: by birth and by bite. Vampires can die of the stake to the heart or too much silver. When they are in the sun, they only get sunburn. To prevent this, they wear sunscreen. They are usually really pale and their normal body temperature is below 10°C (50°F). Their eyes change to either red or black when they have blood lust. They also have fangs; however only protrude during blood lust.

Werewolves- are part human, part wolf. They are basically human, but have the ability to shape-shift into a wolf. The werewolf can change of it’s own accord, or may be forced by such things as cycles of the moon. People become werewolves through birth or being bitten by a werewolf. The werewolf has a constant regeneration of tissue, so they don’t grow old. Werewolves are however, not immortal. Decapitating will kill a werewolf. They are allergic to silver and too much silver can kill them. Their normal body temperature is above 38°C (100°F). Their eyes change colors depending on their moods.

Lycans- a mix of werewolf and vampire. They can shift from vampire to werewolf to lycan form. They are allergic to silver. They are uncontrollable under the full moon. They are more humanized facially, with a shorter snout and a lack of pointed ears. They have less fur than werewolves. Their eyes change colors depending on their mood. Their average body temperature is 15°C (60°F). They are created when a vampire and a werewolf conceive or when a vampire bites a werewolf or the other way around.

Nekos- are part werewolf part human. They usually have werewolf ears and a tail. Their average body temperature is between 36°C and 39°C (96°F and 102°F).

Mermaids- are sea creatures with the head and torso of a woman, and the tail of a fish for a lower body. Although traditionally women, Merfolk also include men (known as Mermen).

Sirens- are mermaids who lure sailors to their deaths by singing or playing music to lure the sailors into rocks.

Hybrids- are the creation of a human and some race of mystical creatures. Features depend on what half mystical creature it is. Neither God nor Satan controls them.

Humans- they have no supernatural powers or mystical features. They can die very easily from anything. Their normal body temperature is 36°C (98°F).

I close the book and look up at her.

“Alyssa, what is this?” I ask her, confused.

She sighs than says, “Do you ever wonder why you’re drawn to blood or why you’re always so pale?”

I look at her dumb-founded.

“Do you even know where our father is?”

How dare she!

“Of course I know where he is! He’s in the ground, back on EARTH! How DARE you ask me that! I’m not stupid! If I was, would you think I’d be here?” I yell at her.

How dare she! Who does she think she is to question where my father is! He’s dead! Why does everyone here keep reminding me of him? It just hurts so much.

Alyssa sighs, then says to no one in particular, “I’m sorry, Your Highness. I can’t do it. Maybe you should be the one to tell her.”

She heads into the bedroom. I look at the doorframe in shock. Just staring as she turns the light off and climbs into bed.

Your Highness? Who was she talking to? And tell me what? Why are there so many un-answered questions?

“She was talking to me,” a deep-man voice says.

I turn around and see a man around thirty, with sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

Why does he look so familiar?