Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Nine: Calculus Class And Questions

Okay, period one…Mister Pepp, Calculus Two, South wing…room one-thirty-two.

I head down the south wing, looking for my first class. I find it and walk in right before the bell dings again. I see that there’s only one seat left in the back. As I walk closer, I realize that the hot guy sitting next to it is Ryan.

Oh no! What do I do? I can’t sit next to him. Well it’s the only empty desk. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and sit there.

I sit down and hear Ryan scoff loudly. I just sigh and pay attention to the teacher. Mr. Pepp starts his lesson.

Hmm…I already know this. I guess I’ll just catch up on my sleep.

I lay my head down and close my eyes. After a while I hear Ryan whisper.

“Yo, Caine. The girl I’m sitting next to is Amber! Princess Amber, of the Vampires! And she’s friend with my sis!”

“Dude! Are you serious? She’s hot! AND royalty!” Caine replies.

“No! You don’t get my point, even if she is hot; she’s friends with Alyssa! I mean how could she?! What has this world come to, when a Vampire and Werewolf be-friend?!” Ryan whines, over dramatizing it.

They BOTH think I’m HOT?! Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me! I’m as ugly as a pig, and the ugly pigs, not the cute, pink ones.

“”I don’t know, Ryan. Maybe they got over the fact of what they are, and thought of who they are.” Caine replies.

“But she’s a freaking vampire! For crying out loud! How could they get over that?” Ryan says.

“Ryan! Shhh! She might wake up! Just forget it, man. Your not friends with her, so that’s all that matters. Now I would like to actually learn something today!” Caine says, and then turns back around to face the chalkboard.

Wow. He really hates me! And all because I’m part Vampire! Ugghhh! He is so annoying. I don’t know how Alyssa is actually related or even twins with him! Aren’t twins supposed to be alike? Does he even realize that I can hear everything he is saying?

Ryan moans, “Fine.”, then huffs and starts to doodle.

I decide now’s a good time to ‘wake-up’. I lift my head to see Ryan glaring daggers at me.

If looks could kill, I’d definitely would be dead by now!

The bell dings, signaling the end of class, and I get up to leave for my next class, physics.

Lunch time already!

Wow, that went by fast!

I walk into the cafeteria with Hale and Kerry to see Alyssa and Amanda already saving us a spot on line. We put our stuff down at our table and head towards the line.

“So, Amber, how do you like your classes so far?” Alyssa asks, excitedly.

“It’s good, except your brother’s in my first, second, and third period classes. The whole time he was glaring daggers at me. Luckily, Hale and Kerry were in my fourth period class and Ryan wasn’t. No offense or anything, Alyssa.” I reply with a smile.

She just smiles back and says, “Nah, it’s fine. I get it.”

We order and pay for our meals, then head back to the table. I start to eat my grilled cheese sandwich, when a piece of scrunched up paper, shaped into a ball, hits me in the back of the head.

Whoa! Who threw that? Was it Ryan? NO! Get over him! One, he’s never going to like you. Two, he’s a werewolf! And three, why are you getting worked up about a boy? He’s just a boy!

“What was that?” Kerry asks.

I open up the paper and read it out loud:

"GO HOME! WE DON’T NEED YOU, YOUR VAMPIRE KIND, OR YOUR ROYALTY! SO LEAVE OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!"

“OH…MY…GOD! RYAN! GET YOUR BIG, HAIRY BUTT OVER HER NOW!” Alyssa roared.

The whole cafeteria becomes quiet, than watches Ryan walk up to our table. Everyone’s watching Ryan walk with a stone-cold face.

“MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!” Ryan boomed and the whole cafeteria went back to their own private conversations.

GOSH! Does he have to be such a huge jerk?!

Ryan stands next to us.

“WHAT?” he spits at us, venom dripping from his mouth. He was glaring at me.

“What the hell is your problem, Ryan?!” Kerry yells at him.

“Do you really think she’ll leave because of a threat?” Alyssa asks.

“She will, if she knows what’s good for her!” he answers back, still with a hard glare focused on me.

“How come you’re making this such a big deal? There are plenty of other vampires you can pick on, and yet you pick on Amber! She’s not even full vampire! Enough of this! Amber already has enough to deal with, not including you!” Alyssa replies.

“Oh, yeah? Like what?” Ryan asks, with a horrid attitude.

“Well, I just found out last night that my father’s alive, he’s a vampire, I’m part vampire. I’m going to a school on another planet. Oh! And I’m a princess!” I say tp him.

He just sneers then says, “Fine. You can stay. However, I’m going to make your life a living hell here. Goodbye!” He turns away and walks back to his table.

“I’m so sorry, Amber! I’ll talk some sense into him later.” Alyssa says.

“Why does he hate Amber so much? I mean, what did she ever do to him?” Amanda asks.

“I think he likes Amber.” Hale simply states.

“WHAT? NO! He can’t possible like her! If you treat someone like crap, then you hate them, not like them!” Kerry says.

“You know, now that I think of it. Amber, you and Ryan would make a cute couple.” Alyssa says to me.

Maybe he does like me…but Kerry does have a point. If you treat someone badly, it means you don’t like them. Mother did always tell me that if someone treats you badly, you either treat them with kindness or get your revenge! Okay, Ryan, if you’re going to make my life miserable here, then so am I!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in a haze the rest of the day. Classes weren’t that interesting. Royalty class is the most boring class ever! Alyssa says it’s going to get better, but I don’t think it will. I go on line to get my baked ziti for dinner.

As I’m walking to my table, I see Ryan grinning at me, deviously. Like he planned something to happen to me, something bad. Just then, I trip over someone’s foot, which wasn’t there a second ago. I feel myself fall to the floor.

The whole room goes in an up roar. I instantly feel my face go hot, and not just from the hot pasta sauce on my face, neck, and chest. Alyssa, Kerry, Amanda, and Hale come rushing to my side. They help me up and drag me out of the cafeteria, my feet stumbling after. We run into the girl’s bathroom and Hale starts cleaning me up.

“I am soooo sorry, Amber! I don’t know what happened out there!” Alyssa apologizes.

“It was Ryan. I’m sure of it!” Kerry says.

Amanda nods in agreement.

“He must really like you, to be able to humiliate you so badly. “ Hale says.

“Hale, your not helping…” Alyssa says, trailing off in thought.

“Lets plan a revenge!” Kerry says.

Amanda jumps in excitement. “Oooohh! I love planning revenges!”

“Yeah, I was thinking about that. But what do we do?” I ask the group.

“I don’t know about this you guys. I think we should just ignore Ryan’s little attempts to get Amber to leave. And soon he’ll get bored, and stop.” Hale suggests.

“I think we should do Hale’s idea, while we think of vengeful plots to humiliate Ryan. How about that?” Alyssa asks us.

“I think that’s am excellent idea! Let’s do it! Why don’t we go back to my room and do a homework group!” Kerry says.

We all nod back in agreement and head back to Kerry’s room. She shares it with Shannon. We get there to see Shannon at her desk.

“Hey, Shan. I brought my friends over for a homework group. You can join us if you want.” Kerry says.

I take a good look at Shannon. She has yellow hair and orange eyes. She also has two black horns on her head and black, bat-like wings. She’s still in her school uniform, like the rest of us. She walks up to me and says, “Hello. I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Shannon Hillow, princess of the Demon Kingdom. I saw you at dinner today. Harsh. Sorry girl.”

I smile. “Yeah, I guess… I’m Amber Harper, princess of the Vampire Kingdom.”

Wow. I felt so powerful and important when I said that. Like I was…somebody.

She smiles back, “ so, you’re the princess everyone’s been talking about. Nice to finally meet you. Okay, let’s get started, girls. Shall we?”

Everyone’s been talking about me? Is that a good or bad thing?

“What do you mean everyone’s been talking about me?” I ask her.

“Well, you’re part of the famous Were/Vamp War and now you’re back, when we all thought your father killed your whole family, so he could still be King. she explains.

“Oh.” is all I say, as I become lost in thought.

Would my father really do that? He pretended we were dead so he could stay as King? But he sent me here to take over the throne. But what if he only did it so he didn’t have to take care of the war? No! My father isn’t mean like that! He can’t be. He’s my father for crying out loud!

I shake off this thoughts as we finish our homework together. Alyssa and I say our goodbyes to everyone, as we walk back to our room.