Status: Slowly coming together.

Jason.

Two.

New information has come to light, recently. Just as I was losing hope in finding my father's parents, it happened. Ancestry.com did me a lot more than I ever thought it would.

I decided to contact her, without really thinking about it. She replied with what I had already known: she had no idea I existed. She seems thrilled at the idea, after all she said this "only happens in the movies and books." She also told me the last time she saw Jason was when he was nine years old. That's a lie. The last time she saw him, he was five and she left him behind.

My grandmother is living a full, happy life. The idea that she is so happy is maddening. Her responses to me have been sickeningly sweet. All I can think about is how she just left my father behind. A five year old child, for Christ's sake. She told me that she couldn't help me with any ancestry or medical history. Her parents didn't grow up with their biological parents, so that's a dead end for me. She did, however, tell me my grandfather's name and gave me his mother's phone number.

I don't know where to go from here. I'm scared, mostly. I've been waiting my entire life for this and now I'm not so sure I really want it...
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while. I honestly don't know why I'm even posting this, as I'm sure no one will read it. I just need to get it off my chest, I suppose.