Courage

Ask him out.

I ran into the locker room and let out a loud squeal from pure happiness. I rested against the cold metal of the lockers, and let out a content sigh. I closed my eyes and replayed our conversation over and over. Ever since I got here I've had the biggest crush on him, sometimes I think it's more than just a crush. I walked, more like swooned, away from the lockers and grabbed my clothes from my travel pack, and headed off to the showers. I was on such a high from that small conversation we had that I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. Could today be any better?

After my shower and drying my body off, I grabbed my phone and dialed my sisters number, I had to tell someone about this. None of the other diva's and I got along very well. They were always parading around in their short shorts and bras, but that wasn't me. I didn't have that much confidence in my body, I didn't think I could ever pull that off. I hate my wrestling attire with passion, but I have to wear it. It's what my sister made me for me to wear, and she'd be devastated if I didn't wear that. I put on a fake act and pretended I was happy with it, but deep down I could feel the anxiety building up. But of course to the diva's they thought that I thought I was better than them, which is a lie. So they just ignored me and I didn't have a problem with that, I liked being alone. Most of the time.

"Nicole its midnight here, what do you want?" Wendy yelled into the phone, I could hear my brother-in-law yell at her to be quiet. I giggled into the phone and apologized.

"We talked!" I yelled, putting a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming ever louder. I jumped up and down and held in a high pitched squeal. I felt like a little school girl who just got her first kiss. Nothing could ruin my moment, not even my sister, or any of the divas.

"Yay! Go you!" She cheered in fake excitement. "Call me when he asks you out little sister, then I'll be happy for you. As for know I am going back to sleep, I have to get up in two hours to feed your little nephew. I love you Nicole and I really am happy for you." Wendy said, hanging up the phone. I hung up the phone and put back in my traveling case, a smile still spread across my face. I sat down on the bench behind me and just squealed.

"If you ever wanna' go out with him, you have to make the first move." Maria said, as she entered the locker room. Grabbing her clothes from her own locker and a towel.

"Go out with who?" I asked, playing stupid. I didn't want all the divas knowing I have crush on Phil Brooks. I could myself start to blush, I quickly hung my head down letting my hair cover my face. She looked over at me and just smiled, a wicked smile.

"Nicole it is so obvious that both of y'all have crushes on each other. He must really like you if he hasn't asked you out yet." She said, slamming the locker door shut. "So ask him out and see where it takes you. I promise he won't say no." With that she left the locker room, leaving me confused. Did he really like me or was this just a jealous ex mind game? But from what I've seen and heard she has a new boyfriend, and they are still close friends. She wouldn't be playing tricks on the new girl would she?

'Just do it Nicole. Just ask him out for lunch tomorrow, what's the worst that could happen?' I thought to myself. I got up from the bench I was sitting on, and walked over to the door before I lost all my nerve. I never asked a guy out before, how am I supposed to do this? I opened the door and bumped into someone, I immediately recognized the tattooed arms, and felt myself blushing.

"Second time tonight I've bumped into you." He said, that beautiful smile planted on his face.

"Yeah." I whispered. I cursed at myself for losing all my nerve, all my courage to ask him out. When I looked back up I noticed that he was halfway down the hallway, I called out his name and ran over to him. He stopped and turned around, once again that smile found its way to his face.

"Would you like to go out for lunch tomorrow?" I asked, closing my eyes and looking down at the floor. My cheeks were burning and I felt nauseous. I don't think my heart ever beated so fast in my life, I could literally feel it against my chest. My stomach was in my throat.

He stood there speechless, hes smile disappeared from that handsome face of his. That's never good, he's probably thinking of ways to say no. I can't believe I just asked him like that, I can't believe I didn't even start a pre-conversation. I'm so stupid.

Oh God hes going to say no, I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. Maria was lying to me, he doesn't like me. God, how could I have been so stupid. I can't believe I just asked him like that, he probably felt ambushed or something. "I mean if you don't want to it's okay, just thought I'd ask y'know." I said.

"I'd love to go out to lunch with you." He said.

I was screaming and jumping up and down on the inside, but on the outside I was calm. A small smile worked its way to my face, and maybe a small whimper escaped my lips but nothing noticeable that screamed 'I love you, thank you so much for making my dream come true!' "That's cool. So what time do you wanna' go?" I asked, I was being bold tonight. I loved that he could do this to me.

"Is one' o clock okay? I have a radio interview in the morning, but after that I'm free. Well until lunch because I have lunch you, thats what I meant." He was cute when he rambled.

"One' o clock is fine. I'll give you a call tomorrow?" I said, more like asked.

"Yeah that'll be fine. Umm, I guess I'll see you tomorrow I gotta go do commentary of Jeff's match tonight." He said, running off. I watched as he ran through the curtain and let out my squeal of joy. Till one thing ruined my moment, I just realized I don't have his number.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??