Falling In Love With You Was Never Part Of The Job

Hold On Another Day, Cause Love Is On Its Way


LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING

Image

“Love the sound of that; now since you were willing enough to help us out, do you need some help moving in?” Joe laughed, me and Audrey starred at them shocked, were celebs actually willing to do work?

“You’d help?” Audrey raised her eyebrows and Joe starred at her puzzled.

“Yea, let’s go pick up a U-Haul and get both of you situated, let’s go Nick” They stood up from the table and we went along with it. It was odd following them toward the Hollywood Records building, they were acting like regular nice people, not the stuck up celebs you’d think they’d be after years and years of being teen sensations.

“So we’ll all drive in our cars to the U-Haul place get some moving people and we’ll then go back to your place and then to our place, we should be able to move all of your stuff in one drive” Nick shrugged getting into the car with Joe, Joe nodded agreeing to Nick’s idea and again me and Audrey just went along with it.

“Don’t get a ticket this time” Audrey smirked making me glare at her and stick out my tongue.

“I won’t thank you very much” I growled getting into the drivers seat and turning on my car the stereo blaring causing everyone to look at me.

“Jesus no wonder you got a ticket, I would have pulled your ass over too” Audrey yelled over the booming stereo, I smirked closing the door on her voice. I lowered the volume and waited for everyone to pull out of the parking lot before I did. We took so many turns I became dizzy, at least Joe and Nick knew where they were going so I just followed them when we reached a lot filled with U-Hauls. Nick and Joe entered the small building and only five minutes later they walked out with a crew of men getting into the trucks and speeding off. Nick walked over by my window which I rolled down starring at him.

“Ok, so we told them to meet us at your place, you and Audrey are going to have to lead us now” I nodded and smiled waiting for him to get in the car while me and Audrey drove ahead of them taking them toward our apartment. We got there to see several U-Haul trucks parked outside along with men prepared to do their job. We let them in and they helped us load up the truck quickly and efficiently, when we left, the apartment was completely empty. The rest of the drive was blurry all I know is we wound up at the driveway of a huge house and the men unloaded everything in the house and left both me and Audrey standing there in bewilderment due to their speed.

“Like the place?” Nick questioned coming up behind me, I stood in what I thought was the Dining room glancing around, it was beautiful, elegant yet modern. There of course was grand piano in the middle making my heart leap with joy.

“Wow, is all I have to say” I smiled at him, and he smiled back making my heart race and stop all at the same time. I continued to stare at him and he starred back causing me to blush a cherry red.

“Ok your rooms are upstairs” Joe stated walking in through the door bringing me out of my trance, what was wrong with me; I’m here to do my job not play games.

“Let’s go unpack Sammy” Audrey grabbed my arm dragging me up the stairs. She eventually let go and we walked up the steps looking around, this had to be the craziest day of my life.

“I think this is your room, seems like your style” Audrey opened the door making my eyes widen, totally my style. A large bed in the middle, big stereo and flat screen TV, there was a large window that had a window seat with a view of the ocean; I think I wanted to cry it was so beautiful.

“Totally my style” I whispered entering the room and glancing around.

Audrey walked out and I sat down on the window seating looking out the window, the sun was setting and the ocean was beating against the shore and rocky cove, it was the most beautiful scene I’ve seen in my life.

“Knock knock” I looked up to see Nick smile his arms crossed over his chest.

“So I see you chose my favorite room” He entered the room and glanced around making me quickly get up from the seat and straighten up.

“Didn’t know sorry, Mr. Jonas, I can go ahead and choose another room” I managed to ramble out; Nick looked at me and smiled.

Mr. Jonas Sammy? I’m your age, just call me Nick, I’m not my father” I blushed and laughed rubbing the back of my head sheepishly, way to go idiot I cursed myself rolling my eyes angrily.

“Plus, your fine here, whatever makes you more comfortable” He smiled; when I looked in the door way I noticed my suitcases were stacked. Nick had brought them up when he came upstairs.

“Nick you didn’t have to bring up my luggage, I have two legs and two hands” I frowned walking over to my suitcases and sliding them in the room.

Nick shrugged and walked over sitting down on the bed.

“I might as well, you don’t mind if I keep you company I want to get to know you better” My head shot up and my palms got sweaty, he wanted to do what now?

Nick looked quickly at me and cleared his throat laughing nervously.

“I mean I don’t want a reporter or assassin living in my house” Nick bit down on his lip and I forced out a laugh.

“My life is too boring for that stuff” I opened up my first suitcase and began to unpack my clothing and stack it neatly in the corner of the room. Nick laughed and slid down sitting on the floor.

“Yea right, come on what else do you do other then work?” Nick questioned, I frowned and laughed.

“I’m studying medicine at UCLA, like I said boring stuff” Nick raised his eyebrows and leaned back on the side of the bed.

“Medicine, then why do you work at a Record Company?” I starred at him and laughed, my answer was going to be dumb.

“I needed extra cash, and music is my hobby, I like to be in that kind of environment, I get to talk to all the musicians and sometimes I even get to help them with the recording, it fun to me” Nick kept silent so I looked up to see if I had sent him into a deep sleep with my boring life.

“See that’s not boring that’s actually pretty cool and interesting, I don’t see what you mean by boring life” Nick laughed making me crack up.

“Any crazy exes I should be worried about that would raid this house?” Nick raised his eyebrows cautiously, I let a small laugh escape and I shook me head no.

“I’m pretty sure my boyfriend from when I was 20 is too busy making out with that scum I caught him with to come over to a different state to hunt me down” Nick bit down on his bottom lip and I picked up my clothing putting it into one of the drawers.

“Ouch, I’m sorry that’s pretty harsh” Nick spoke apologetically while I shrugged.

“No biggie right? But no other then him no crazy exes” Nick nodded and then starred up at me puzzled.

“Are you in a relationship now?” I laughed even harder this time.

“Not after I found out the first guy I really loved cheated on me, I wasn’t in the mood to deal with ass holes” I closed the drawers and sighed in relief when I noticed all the clothing was unpacked.

“But some guys deserve a chance, your a great girl and I bet any guy would want to get to know you better” Nick stood up and if it weren’t for the wall behind me I would have collapsed onto the floor.

“I should probably change, I got some coffee on me when Audrey poured it on Miley” I laughed nervously looking at my shirt hoping for a stain to show up Nick was making me extremely nervous, why? He’s my boss, like I said before I’m here to do my job not play games.

Nick took one step forward towards me and like a God sent gift I heard Audrey’s light footsteps enter the room. My breath had caught in my throat and I was pretty much turning all the colors of the rainbow, and if I wasn’t I was blushing like crazy.

“Hey, just checking on you” Audrey spoke up, Nick was probably a foot away from me and he took in a sharp breath looking at Audrey and smiling.

“We’re alright I was just helping Sammy with her luggage, by the way when you guys are done unpacking meet me and Joe downstairs we need to talk about some things” Nick spoke walking toward the doorway smiling politely, he then left and for the first time I took a breath feeling light headed.

“What’s wrong with you?” Audrey questioned curiously.

“I just told him about Derek like it was no big deal, and then he told me I was a great girl and that I should give guys chances, because any guy would want to get to know me better” I rambled having to hold my chest to make sure my heart wouldn’t leap out.

“Did you flirt back?” Audrey raised her eyebrows and again my breath caught in my throat.

“He wasn’t flirting, don’t say that” I hissed making her laugh.

“He was flirting, when he said guys, he meant himself included” Audrey laughed sitting on the bed crossing her legs.

“He did not!”

“Your in denial because a guy you met for a few hours might be interested and is possibly making your head spin and your heart leap out of your chest, like I said Sammy, it’s time we both start finding the guys we need” She stood up walking to the doorway and leaning on it starring at me.

“So give this one a chance” She stated smiling and exiting the bedroom, I stood there in shock, what if I did give him a chance, and what if my heart got broken all over again. I refuse to ever go through what I went through that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!!!!! New Update! Pleaseeee comment and tell me and giggly girl what you think! Feedback is always nice to read :) And if you enjoyed the story enough go ahead and subscribe! :DD Thanks for reading! Enjoy!!! Make sure to check out gigglygirl's profile!!!