Falling In Love With You Was Never Part Of The Job

I Know We Can Get A Little Crazy, And I Know We Ca


LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING

Image

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot less tired. I got dressed quickly, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and threw on some makeup. I checked once in the mirror and smiled, I was wearing dark skinny jeans with leather boots that went over the bottom of my jeans. I then wore a fashion tank top that was black, today was the day I finally saved enough money to buy my motorcycle, now I had to bribe Audrey to come with me. From the beginning when I had told her my plan she had been very against it, refusing to allow me to ride a death contraption, especially on the dangerous highways of California, but I’ve been crazy for one ever since 9th grade, and now finally I had collected enough money to buy myself my dream bike. I walked downstairs to see Audrey sitting down on the couch. I smirked; I had to butter her up somehow. So I walked over to the piano and stretched my fingers placing them lightly on the white keys.

“Hey want to join me? I need your vocals” I laughed, Audrey walked over and I moved over on the bench allowing her space to sit. This was one of her favorite songs, and the best to play on the piano.

“What are you going to play?” She questioned, I smiled and sighed.

“I don’t know, A Thousand Miles?” I smiled widely while she squealed.

“You haven’t played that since high school!” She screamed excitedly, I shrugged and grinned.

“Yea, I got a lot better at it, so why don’t you help me with the song” I smiled; she nodded and cleared her throat while I began playing the first notes my fingers jumping quickly along the keys.

“Making my way downtown, Walking fast, Faces passed, And I'm home bound” She sang while I played along following the chords and keys, I then broke off into the basic rhythm smiling. She laughed bobbing her head to the sound of the piano.

“Staring blankly ahead, Just making my way, Making my way, Through the crowd” She continued to sing letting a small laugh escape from her lips. I smiled again breaking off into the basic little beat; this was only going to work if I didn’t mess up.

“And I need you, And I miss you, And now I wonder....” She continued quietly, I began to bop my head to the music now feeling a lot better, I didn’t forget any of the notes. I continued to play not messing up once, this was great; all I needed to do was finish the song without missing a note.

“If I could fall, Into the sky, Do you think time, Would pass me by, 'Cause you know I'd walk, A thousand miles, If I could, Just see you, Tonight” We both sang along, I ran my fingers quickly along the keys and then I stopped and we just both laughed.

“I haven’t seen or heard you play that song since junior year” Audrey smiled standing up from the bench. Claps came from the top of the staircase and when we looked up Nick and Joe were smiling.

“That was just about the most amazing thing you two have ever done, you guys never told us that our assistants played music” Nick stated jogging down the stairs with Joe. I shrugged and rocked back and forth on my heels.

“You never asked” I smirked; Audrey laughed putting her hand on her waist.

“So why did you play it all of a sudden” She smiled widely.

“Well I put together enough money” I stated, her smile faded into confusion.

“What are you talking about?” She questioned, I laughed nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

“Well I can buy a motorcycle, I have enough money” I smiled widely, Audrey’s confusion faded and her mouth dropped into a straight line.

“You want to spend money on a death contraption?” She questioned angrily shaking her head with disbelief.

“I told you Sammy that’s a bad idea. Do you know how unsafe it is to ride a motorcycle in California?” She spoke pacing around the room.

“What’s going on?” Joe questioned walking toward us.

“She wants to buy a motorcycle” Audrey pointed at me and shook her head.

“What’s so wrong with that? I have one, nothing has happened to me” Joe frowned; Audrey stared up at him and sighed.

“Ok fine Sammy, but I’m not covering your ass if your parents find out” I jumped up and screamed excitedly running toward Audrey and engulfing her in a huge hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I screamed a million times jumping up and down excitedly.

“What’s all the excitement about?” Nick questioned walking beside Joe. Joe sighed and laughed.

“Audrey agreed to let Sammy get a motorcycle” Joe stated with no emotion, Nick’s mouth gaped open and he frowned.

“That’s really unsafe, I don’t think” I cut Nick off with a pout.

“Hey I ride one and you never told me anything” Joe stated glaring at Nick who smirked.

“I really don’t care about you” Nick stated jokingly getting smacked by Joe.

“Come on! I’ve been dying for one ever since 9th grade! You wouldn’t kill that dream would you?” I questioned putting my hands together in a pleading manner.

“No I wouldn’t” Nick sighed, suddenly there was a loud burst from Joe.

“Hey were on TV!” Joe shouted starring at the screen.

We walked over and there on the screen was Joe, Nick, and Kevin posing at an awards show.

“OH EM GEE!” Audrey squealed jumping a foot in the air.

“IT’S THE JONAS BROTHERS!” I shrieked from beside her, we both collapsed onto the couch in hysterical laughter getting glares from both Joe and Nick,

“That’s not cool” Joe stated crossing his arms.

“No, what was not cool was the day I threw my bra on stage and you just kicked it aside” Audrey crossed her arms mocking Joe.

“That was you?!” Joe questioned widening his eyes.

Both me and Audrey cracked up with laughter.

“No but I wanted to see if it really happened” Audrey held her stomach laughing hysterically; I continued to laugh nudging Audrey who was turning a bright red.

“Anyways, can we go buy my bike now?” I questioned widening my eyes a goofy smile coming on my face.

Audrey stopped laughing and she starred at me.

“Ok fine, let’s go” She stood up from the couch while I jumped up grabbing my car keys.

“We’ll be right back, will you boys be ok?” Audrey questioned looking at Joe and Nick cautiously.

“Yea I guess. We’ve only been taking care of ourselves for about four years” Joe stated sarcastically while frowning and shaking his head. Audrey smiled and nodded.

“That’s all I needed to know” I grabbed her arm jogging toward the door dragging her behind me.

“Bye guys!” I yelled pushing her out the door and closing it behind me. I then shoved her to the car pushing her into the passenger seat.

“Jesus” Audrey stated while I scrambled toward the drivers seat. I got in quickly putting the key in the ignition and pulling out of the driveway quickly.

“I can guarantee and promise you the motorcycle isn’t going anywhere” Audrey stated clawing into the dashboard her eyes widened.

“I’m just so excited!” I squealed hitting the gas, Audrey swallowed hard and slid down in the seat her eyes still widened.

“Could you slow down?” She questioned nervously, I shook my head no still smiling. I sped most of the time to the Kawasaki building. There were a lot of bikes parked outside and my heart was racing when I pulled in and parked. We entered the building to be approached by a sales person. He was tall and a dark figure, more than likely in his late thirties. He smiled widely stopping in front of us.

“Can I help you ladies?” He questioned, I nodded pulling my sunglasses off.

“I’m interested in a motorcycle, a Ninja motorcycle to be more exact” I trailed on; this was probably one of the biggest and best days of my life. Audrey stiffened beside me.

“Ok, right this way” He smiled leading us toward an area outside, where a variety of Ninja sport bikes were parked. My heart raced while I starred up at the salesperson this was really happening.

“I can’t believe I agreed to this. Stupid Vanessa Carlton and her damn thousand miles” Audrey muttered bitterly, I continued to smile when we stopped.

“Now are you interested in us finding the perfect bike for you? Or did you already have one in mind” I shook my head.

“I had one in mind, the Ninja ZX-14” I stated, the salesperson smiled and lead me over to a line of bikes parked.

“These are the colors we have in, you go ahead and see which bike you have and, I’ll be inside, I’m Mark and I can help you with your payment” He smiled politely walking off. I nodded walking slowly past the bikes taking in each color. My dream was a black on black and finally coming to the end I stopped to stare at it.

“Hello love” I mumbled walking over to it and running my finger across the seat.

“Ok now before you start drooling, let’s go buy this damn thing” Audrey shook her head and we walked toward the building. I entered talking to Mark and letting him now my specifications, and in an hour and a half I was being handed the keys to my newly purchased motorcycle. I also bought a full face helmet, and only minutes later I was putting it on.

“I can’t believe your actually going to ride this thing back home” Audrey widened her eyes while I shrugged.

“I’ve ridden a motorcycle before, so don’t worry” I smiled lifting up the visor. Audrey’s eyes were wide and she looked like she was sweating. I straddled the bike while I tossed her the keys to my car.

“Come on, let’s go home” I put the key in and turned it the bike roaring to life. I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

“I can’t believe this is happening” Audrey muttered walking toward the car. I waited patiently while she slid into the driver’s seat turning on the car. I allowed her to pull out first and then I hit the throttle moving slowly while we waited to get on the street.

“Sammy please don’t kill yourself, I can barely manage Nick’s schedule imagine if I had to worry about Joe’s too” Audrey yelled out of the window, I laughed behind the helmet and shook my head when she pulled out getting on the street. That’s when I really hit the throttle and lifted my feet zooming off close behind Audrey. I pulled up next to her at a red light ready to turn on a highway.

“No funny business Sammy” Audrey warned glaring at me. I nodded and the light turned green while we both turned onto the highway. Audrey was beside me and I really wanted to see what this bike could do. I could care less if Audrey screamed at me when we got home, as long as I really got to enjoy the experience of finally buying my motorcycle. So I zipped by Audrey going in front of her, I smirked Audrey was going to kill me for my next move but I had to do it. I popped a wheelie for about a good eight seconds and fell back down howling. A car honked from beside me and I turned to see a few guys in a car whistling. I smirked in success but then there was a louder honk behind me, and when I turned Audrey looked furious and she ran her finger across her neck, I frowned, I was really going to get it when we got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! New update! Thanks for reading! Please comment or message me what you think! And if you enjoy the story enough go ahead and subscribe! :DD And make sure to check out the cowriter of this story, gigglygirl!!!! THANKS FOR READING AND ENJOY!