Falling In Love With You Was Never Part Of The Job

Can't Stop The Rain From Falling


LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING

Image

“I seriously can’t even believe you did that!” Audrey screamed getting out of the car. I shook my head turning off the bike and pushing out my kickstand; I stood up and glanced at the door to see Joe and Nick starring cautiously. I slipped off my helmet shaking my hair out.

“Oh come on, it was fun! I got some really cute guys to whistle at me” I smirked, Audrey turned red with fury.

“We were on a highway for Christ Sake! I was going eighty! And you passed me!” Audrey shrieked. I shrugged smirking making her scream out in agitation.

“I could kill you right now!” She yelled, I patted her shoulder while she breathed heavily.

“But you won’t” She bit down on her lip her eyes narrowing; she then began to glare at me. The sky crackled and both me and Audrey glanced up.

“Looks like rain: I frowned; I shifted the bike slowly wheeling it up the driveway to where there was a small shelter.

“Damn” Joe stated from behind me, I turned around and smiled placing my helmet on the handle.

“Likes?” I stated raising my eyebrows, Nick walked up and smiled.

“Jeez, no wonder you wanted to buy it, really nice, but we should probably get inside it might rain” Nick spoke, we all nodded and followed into the house, when we closed the door the sound of thunder crackled once more and then the rain began to hammer down on the house.

“Right on time” I smiled, I turned around to see a glaring Audrey.

“I still didn’t like what you did” She stated pointing a finger at me.

“But I will get over it...at least for now”

I laughed nervously while she walked past me, Joe’s I-Phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out quickly answering it.

“Hello, this is Sammy Levi, Mr. Joe Jonas’s assistant, how may I help you?” I stated politely.

“This is MTV, and we wanted to schedule an interview with Joe Jonas, would Monday work?” They questioned. I pulled away the I-Phone looking through the schedule and biting down on my lip.

“I’m sorry Mr. Jonas has another appointment on Monday, he will be free Tuesday morning though” The person on the line agreed.

“Goodbye sir, and have a nice day” I smiled hanging up the phone to see everyone starring at me.

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting you on being so polite” Joe smirked making me stick out my tongue at him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I questioned crossing my arms. Joe shrugged and smiled.

“So what’s the damage?” He questioned, I laughed looking through his planner.

“MTV called they want an interview for Tuesday morning 9am” Joe nodded sighing. He then just shrugged and collapsed on the couch.

“Well other then that, I’m going to get into my PJ’s and sleep, I’m exhausted” I rubbed my face getting odd looks from Audrey.

“Dido” Everyone stated at the same time glancing at each other awkwardly.

“Well then goodnight” I smiled shaking my head and chuckling. I walked up the stairs and changed into a tank top and pajama pants, it was going to be a lot colder tonight because of the rain so I figured my choice in clothing would have to do. I then brushed my teeth and combed my hair getting into bed pulling the covers up to my shoulders. I turned off the light letting the exhaustion come over me, my eyes drooped and I yawned once before I was pulled into a dream.

“You love him you know” I glanced around to see no one.

“It’s obvious, the way he makes you feel, his scent, his voice, his touch” The voice continued, I spun around still not seeing anyone. I was on the beach and the sun was partially setting, the only other sound was the waves beating on the shore.

“Who are you?” I questioned taking a step forward, the sand felt warm on my feet while I ran.

“He likes you, and if you actually did something about it, he might love you” The voice trailed, my heart was beating fast and I began to run as fast as I could. From one second to another the sun was covered by large grey clouds, they crackled and were illuminated by flashes of light. Suddenly the rain poured down making me collapse into the sand.

“Ok, I love him” I screamed.


I shot up in my bed breathing heavily, covered in sweat. I looked at the clock the light blinking 2:56am. I couldn’t believe it; can’t I get one night of sleep without being hounded about maybe loving Nick? I heard the crackle of thunder causing my eyes to widen. I always hated thunder when I was alone, especially now being so close to the ocean. I walked over to the window to see the wave’s high beating on the rocks causing foam to spill out onto the sand. It was just plain scary seeing how powerful the body of water was. Another crackle sounded practically making the house shake, a flash of light followed. I walked quickly toward the door stopping in front of Audrey’s room. I then twisted the knob to see an empty bed. Where was she?

I continued to walk across the hall and I stopped in front of Joe’s room, if she was anywhere else it would be his room, she wasn’t too fond of thunder and lightning either. I opened the door and just like I thought, Audrey was resting on Joe chest completely asleep.

“Audrey!” I whispered, Audrey’s eyes opened carefully and she starred at me with disbelief.

“What?” She spoke quietly.

“I can’t sleep the thunder is freaking me out, I was looking for you to keep me company” I frowned pouting. Audrey sighed and glared at me.

“I’m a little busy; can’t you go to Nick’s room?” She asked, I took in a sharp breath my eyes widening.

“He’s my boss!” I hissed, she smiled and laughed a little.

“No he’s not actually, Joe isn’t my boss either, Nick is my boss and Joe is your boss, see how that works? Now! Go and leave me alone” Audrey smiled signaling me to leave. I sighed closing the door leaning against the wall, this was going to be weird, walking into Nick’s room, explaining how terrified I was of thunder and lightning, I was like a little five year old. Another clash of thunder erupted shaking the house. My eyes widened and I sprinted to Nick’s room opening the door. He was very much asleep, snoring lightly; it was the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen.

“Nick” I whispered lightly closing the door behind me and approaching the bed. Nick’s eyes didn’t open and he continued to snore.

“Take it off” He muttered, my eyes shot open and I walked closer to the bed.

“Excuse me?” I questioned bitterly, I then realized he was talking in his sleep. Thankfully, I would have had to slap him if he was awake and saying that.

“Nick” I whispered again touching his arm. In a matter of seconds he moved over wrapping his arms around my waist making me tumble on the bed. He fell on me and managed to pin me down. I felt his warm chest on me while his eyes shot open and he blushed a beat red.

“What are you doing here?” He questioned nervously.

“Well thunder and lighting aren’t exactly my favorite thing, and Audrey won’t come to my room because she’s too busy being comforted by Joe, so I came here” I smiled; Nick chuckled and continued to stay on top of me.

“Now the true question what the hell were you dreaming about?” I questioned, Nick’s cheeks turned an even brighter red and he shook out his hair laughing.

“Nothing” He stated looking at me. He continued to stare holding my hands.

“Nick” I stated carefully, he stopped starring and looked straight at me.

“You can get up now” He stated, I smiled and laughed.

“The funny thing is, I actually would, if you could let go and get off of me” I chuckled, Nick’s eyes widened and he scrambled to his feet while I sat up.

“Thanks” I stated looking at him, he wore boxer shorts and no shirt, in other words it was like pure heaven and delight to be able to see him like this. I blushed just taking in how he looked.

“Well would you mind if I spend the night here?” I questioned, Nick smiled and laughed.

“Yea no problem” Nick grinned getting into the bed beside me. I moved over and felt his body heat on me.

“Tell me if I crowd you” I smiled closing my eyes; I could tell he was trying his best to stay in a spot and not corner me so much. Suddenly there was a clash of thunder and I jumped up my eyes shooting open. I felt his arm wrap around me and he smiled close to my face.

“Hey it’s ok, I’ll protect you” He whispered sweetly, I blushed a cherry red trying to shake it off. This whole avoiding falling in love thing was so not going to work out if he keeps being a sweetheart. He kept his arm wrapped around me and chuckled.

“I’m guessing you aren’t exactly a fan of rain” I shook my head no turning my body so I was facing him and his arm was wrapped around my shoulders. He gazed into my eyes and smiled.

“I’m from Phoenix, one of the driest cities in the United States” I whispered, Nick laughed and bit his bottom lip smirking.

The thunder sounded and I didn’t care I kept smiling at him.

“See how I made you forget about the thunder?” He asked, I laughed nodding.

“Thank you Nick” I smiled, Nick nodded and shrugged.

“It’s no problem” He closed his eyes and pulled me closer to him making me once again blush and grin like a fool. I thought he had fallen asleep and I had been smelling his cologne the whole night. So I carefully leaned in smelling his neck which smelled musty but nice. I began to feel lightheaded; I’ve always loved the smell of cologne.

“Did you just smell me?” He questioned a smile turning up on his mouth his eyes opening carefully.

“I-I, no I didn’t” I stuttered biting down on my lip.

“It’s alright I’m not modest” Nick winked smirking; I felt my heart flutter and flop. My heart was beating slow and fast at the same time, it was the best feeling of my life. I sighed and smiled feeling warm and fuzzy; maybe this falling in love thing wasn’t so bad.

“Goodnight Nick” I whispered.

“Goodnight Sammy” Nick whispered back, I then felt his warm lips on my forehead making my world spin out of orbit. He pulled away and my heart stopped, my eyes were widened and I felt my cheeks heat up, then I felt light headed. It was official I had fallen in love with Nicholas Jerry Jonas.

AUDREY’S POV

After I had managed to get in Joe’s room and he let me stay there with him, I sat quietly starring up at the ceiling. The rain continued to hammer on the house while another crash of thunder sounded. And Joe was such a knight in shining armor; he was passed the hell out snoring lightly. Don’t get me wrong it was adorable, but at the time I was freaking scared out of my mind, so it wasn’t the best thing. I lightly shook him not hearing him even stir.

“Joseph” I whispered nudging on his shoulder. He didn’t react and I huffed angrily.

“Joe” I stated at a normal hearing range, he still didn’t move.

“Joe!” I yelled, he flipped over onto his back making me growl. I quickly hopped up to my feet on the bed and began to bounce lightly. I continued jumping up and down calling his name. Suddenly his hand snatched up wrapping itself around my leg, he tugged once and I came tumbling down on top of him. My eyes widened and he turned a light pink.

“...What?” He asked nervously, I shook my head looking into his eyes but then glancing down at his lips. I felt my heart race and my breath quicken, this couldn’t be happening.

“The thunder, it’s scaring...” We slowly began to lean into each other our lips close to touching when the door swung open and there stood a terrified Sammy. I quickly laid down on Joe’s chest pretending I was asleep. Joe also closed his eyes playing coy.

“Audrey!” Sammy whispered, my eyes opened carefully while I starred at her with disbelief. What the hell was she doing? I was about to kiss Joe!

“What?” I spoke quietly trying to push away all the anger rushing through my body. Maybe Sammy was really scared.

“I can’t sleep the thunder is freaking me out, I was looking for you to keep me company” Sammy frowned pouting a little, probably thinking I was actually going to agree to keep her company. I sighed glaring at her.

“I’m a little busy; can’t you go to Nick’s room?” I asked, she took in a sharp breath widening her eyes. Come on Sammy just go, Joe is about to pass out on me.

“He’s my boss!” She hissed, I smiled and laughed a little, I guess she never figured out the loop hole.

“No he’s not actually, Joe isn’t my boss either, Nick is my boss and Joe is your boss, see how that works? Now! Go and leave me alone” I forced a smile signaling her to leave. She let out one sigh quickly leaving and closing the door. I sighed in relief to see Joe’s eyes flutter open.

“I’ll protect you from the thunder, just lay down” He smiled; I giggled rolling over beside him while he turned to face me.

“Hm so you found a loop hole did you” He laughed making me blush hard and bite down on my lip.

“Are you blushing?” He questioned a smirk coming onto his lips. I shook my head breathing out.

“...No” I tried my best to keep my voice from cracking but he saw right through that.

“It’s alright Audrey, I get to fall asleep with the satisfaction I made you blush and feel nervous all in one night” He whispered making me blush even harder.

“Goodnight Audrey” He continued, I nodded and cleared my throat.

“Goodnight Joseph” I spoke quietly, he pushed the hair away from my face bringing his lips to my cheek and then falling down slowly back where he was laying. He closed his eyes, a signal telling me to shut mine. I was screaming on the inside, and my heart was going a mile a minute, it was official I had fallen in love with Joseph Adam Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!! Finally a new update! Me and gigglygirl are really sorry for the long wait! We have come to find out this really mean thing called writers block which sucks terribly! We finally got over it!! YAY FOR US! So here's a new chapter celebrating that. We also wanted to give a huge thanks for all the dedicated readers :) Thanks for reading and commenting! If youe enjoy this story enough please comment or send a message feedback is always great to hear! And if you really loved it don't be shy to subscribe. Again thanks for reading! And finally ENJOY!