I Hate Those Stories Where the Fate of the World Depends on Kids

Last One Down is a Ferret

George and I ran down the stairs to the third year boys’ dorm. In there was Harry and Ron, just the people we needed.

“Hey you two, wanna go down to the pitch and practice,” I asked the two boys. Their faces lit up like a child’s would on Christmas day.

“Well yeah, let’s go,” they said grabbing their brooms then meeting us at the door. We then walked to the common room. (Ron is taking Oliver’s place, since I forgot he graduated the year before.) Katie, Alicia, and Lee we sitting around while Fred and Angelina were off to the corner of the room.

“Katie, Lee, Alicia, ya’ll want to come down to the pitch with us. Just to have something to do before Astronomy,” I asked.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Lee said getting up with Katie and Alicia.

“Fred, when you’re done meet us at the pitch,” George shouted to his twin. Fred merely nodded his head and continued with his conversation. That conversation was taking too long, so I guess he chose her.

We then walked out the common room to the pitch. When we got there, Ron and Harry had confused faces.

“We’re going to summon them, and the Quidditch things. We will only use the Quaffle and snitch. Watch and learn,” I said taking my wand out, “Accio broom, Accio quidditch box”.

Nearly instantly my broom and the Quidditch box appeared at my feet. The rest of the group did the same and we then started our practice. About two hours later, we decided that it was time to go in.

Fred didn’t show up, which meant that I was right about who he picked. My mood was down and depressing. I knew he would pick her, everyone except his own twin knew. When we got back to the common room it was 8pm. We have Astronomy at 9 in the Astronomy tower, which means that we, Fred, George, Hermione, and I, will have to leave the common room at 8:45.

“Hey, George, let’s go pick up our gear, bathe, then come back down here and see how much time we have left, and if we don’t have any time left we can get Mione and go to Astronomy,” I said.

“Alright, last one down is a ferret,” he said running up the steps. I merely ran into my dorm bathroom and washed up. When I stepped out the shower I snapped my fingers and was dressed in clean clothes. I then snapped my fingers again and I hair was fixed. Then I quickly ran down the stairs and sat on the couch in the common room.

Ten minutes later, Fred, George, and Mione were coming down the stairs. Ready for class, no time left to work on homework.