Don't Stop Believing

Trouble

Hailey didn’t return the next day. She didn’t go back the day after either. Christofer waited on the same bridge, playing his guitar daily. He never switched his spot in hopes that Hailey would return. Passersby would often give Christofer tips and after enough time he earned enough money to buy a ukulele. He had only written one song, but he never played it for the public. He wanted to play it for Hailey.

Hailey looked out of her window wondering if she would ever see Christofer again. The morning she came back from that first night her parents grounded her for a solid year. Tomorrow would be her first day of freedom. She couldn’t wait any longer.

Hailey threw open her window and grabbed her bag. She climbed out of her window and began to run. If she was quick enough she would catch the midnight train. She wasn’t going to go another day without him. Hailey ran to the train station and asked to go to the end of the line. The man at the ticket counter happily obliged. She went to wait at the platform. It was just like that first night except for Hailey knew what she was searching for. The train pulled into the station and she got on.

Christofer was seated on the bridge he told Hailey he would wait for her on. His guitar was in his lap and he was strumming his ukulele in the night. His eyes glanced up at the night sky. It held the same crescent moon that he first met Hailey with. He couldn’t believe it had been almost a year. Christofer was nineteen now and still waiting. He knew he was in trouble. He knew he was addicted. Christofer just couldn’t leave. He wanted Hailey to find him.

Hailey stepped off the train when she reached the end of the line. She ran across the same boulevard that she walked with Christofer. She turned the corner by the bar and ran to the bridge. No one was there.

I’m in trouble. I’m an addict. I’m addicted to this girl. She’s got my heart tied in a knot and my stomach in a whirl,” sang Christofer, appearing behind Hailey. Hailey smiled when she heard Christofer’s singing voice. She turned around and watched him strum his ukulele.

But even worse, I can’t stop calling her. She’s all I want and more. I mean, damn. What’s not to adore?” his light voice sang. Christofer stopped strumming and put his ukulele down. He wrapped Hailey in a tight hug. “You came back,” he whispered.

Hailey hugged him back eagerly “I’m sorry I took so long. My parents had me locked in the house, but I’m back and I’m here to stay,” she said to him.

“It’s fine. You’re here now and that’s what counts,” he spoke, connecting their foreheads. They both smiled. He brought their faces closer. The connected in a kiss under the stars and the same crescent moon they met under. They had both found their something and they were never letting go.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! What do you think? I hope I wrote a good Christofer because I'm not too familiar with him.