Unsent

6/26

Micheal,

I realize that you're only a camp crush, but I can't help but write this. It helps me say things I never would say otherwise.

I mean, I see you sitting watching girls' softball when its the guys' time to swim, and can't help but wonder if you're watching me. I'm pretty sure you're not, considering we don't know each other all that great. I really wish that we could change that. I've seen you with your shirt off, and even though you may not be everyone's first choice as a crush - unlike Nial or PJ - I still choose you. Not trying to quote Pokemon or anything.

Actually, I started crushing on you last year during 9th grade week, I think. I really wanted to get to know you better then but I never got the opportunity. A few times I even considered going up for the counselor-camper questionnaire game just so you could know that I like you and that you know who I am. I guess I don't have to worry too much about if you know who I am now because of that one day at breakfast when you sat next to my sister. Just so you know, I wasn't that hungry that day, and I don't really eat breakfast, so that's why I didn't eat all that much.

When I see you with Rita I want to be her, or any girl that you hang out with or talk to. I don't know if that's good or not, but it is definitely the truth.

I realize that I am most definitely not the prettiest or hottest girl there is, or even come close to one, and it bothers me somewhat, but around you, I just want to be the prettiest one there is, which is never going to happen, but I really just want you to notice me and maybe feel for me like I do you.

If only I could tell you all this, then maybe I'd feel some happiness or be more complete. I just want to hug you, just once, but you'll probably never know any of this. Oh well. I still like you. A lot.

Love,
Lissa