Status: Updates are a bit slow on account of school

Smooth Criminal

The Great Perfetto Castagno

There was a rattling and clanging noise coming from the entrance. Everyone looked in that direction, as if they were expecting someone. The door silently swung open to reveal a man who seemed to be just under 6 feet tall wearing a white suit and hat low on his face.

“Dom, is that the man you were talking about?” I whispered to my brother.

Dominick nodded. “Yeah. That is the great Vincent Castagno,” he whispered as the man walked into the club and porter shut the door behind him. “Most of the time, you’ll hear about him as Perfetto Castagno. He and Martino go way back. But watch out for him. He’s always had clean kills and is know as much for being a ladies’ man as he is for his job. He’s just as quick as Martino once was. And you always call him either Perfetto or Vincent.”

I sat there for a second, confused about a few of the statements my brother made. I wanted Dominick to explain a little more, but Perfetto showed me himself.

“Hey there, Vinny,” said a short, burly man who was sitting at a table across the room. Vincent stopped, turned, and in the time it would have taken to blink, he was behind the man with a knife to his throat.

“What did you just call me?” Vincent asked the man.

He began to panic. “I’m sorry, Mr. Castagno.”

Vincent removed the knife from the man’s throat, threw him on the ground and flicked the knife closed before shoving it in his pocket. “Never call me Vinny.”

Martino laughed. “Poor bastard,” he said.

As I watched this unfold, a tall blond walked up to Dominick and put her arms around his neck. “Nicki,” she cooed. I had never heard anyone call Dominick “Nicki” before. “I’ve missed you.

“Aww. I’ve missed you, too, Marilyn," he said before attaching his face to hers.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at this mysterious man. Even if he wasn’t a notorious gangster, there was something about him. While Dominick was still distracted by Marilyn, Vincent caught my gaze. We watched each other for a few seconds, and then he winked at me and turned away.

“Nicki,” Marilyn said when the two of them came up for air. “Why don’t we go and catch up somewhere.”

Dominick looked as if he was about to pull her off somewhere himself, but then he turned to me. “Will you be alright, Ani?”

I nodded. “I’ll be fine, Dom. Go have fun.”

Dominick smiled. “Thanks. I owe you one,” was all he said before he was pulled off into a hidden corridor.
♠ ♠ ♠
We finally see that our leading man has entered the picture. What do you think? Vincent has more of the smooth criminal type person. The more MJ type Vincent will come about a little later on.