Status: On hiatus.

He's a Bitch

Confusion.

Gerard POV

I lay on my stomach on my bed, adding a bit of colour to a sketch I’d done of Frank while I was at the hospital. He’d wanted to look through my sketchbook, but I felt guilty about the picture I’d done of him being run over by a steam roller. He caught me off guard though and grabbed the sketchbook off me. I’d held my breath anxiously, wondering how he’d react. But he laughed when he saw it; I’d drawn it cartoon-style and he told me I’d be an awesome comic book artist. I was pretty sure I blushed when he said that.

I sighed slightly as I added colour to Frank’s hair, being extremely careful not to screw the picture up. I didn’t know why I was so hung up over this guy. I just found myself so attracted to him. Every little thing about him. He was so different from the Frank I’d seen before. Before I just saw him as a heartless bastard who was hurting my little brother....I didn’t actually think that maybe hurting my little brother was the only way for Frank to let out his own anger at his family and at himself. He was really miserable.

The nurses told me that he only smiled when I was around. I wondered if he liked me that way as well. I remembered one of the nurse’s words to me: ‘He’s always happier when you’re around, Mr Way. When you’re not here he barely talks and no one can ever get a smile out of him. He asked to be told when you’ve arrived, just so he can pretty himself up before you get to his room. If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear that boy has a crush on you.’

She’d had a small smile on her lips when she’d said it, as if she really knew that Frank did indeed have a crush on me, but she didn’t want to say it straight out.

I remembered visiting him earlier today. He’d asked me to bring my digital camera and he took pictures of us together. I let him hold onto the camera for the time being, because he wanted something to look at when I wasn’t there. I’d been smiling in all those photos; just being around Frank made me happier.

I swallowed and noticed that my mouth was feeling dry. I clambered up off my bed and stowed my sketchbook away some place Mikey wouldn’t be able to find it and walked out of my room and down the stairs. When I’d gotten to the kitchen, I was met with a flustered Mikey, hurriedly stuffing things into a small bag and picking up his house keys.

“What’re you doing?” I asked, confused.

He jumped slightly and looked up, seeing me there. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I waited for his response, but he stayed quiet and quickly zipped up his bag.

“Mikey?’”

“I know you’re gonna be mad at me, but...I wanna get back with Frank,” he said, hurriedly slipping on his jacket.

I stared at him, my eyes wide. No, fuck no...this could not be happening.

“Mikey....”

“I’ve decided already,” he said, frustrated. “Don’t try and talk me out of it. I’m gonna go see him at the hospital.”

And with that he rushed out of the kitchen and into the lounge room. I heard the front door slam and I just stood still for a moment, shocked. Eventually I got my legs to work. I made my way across the lounge room, up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind me.

I turned up my music and just collapsed onto my bed. I didn’t want Mikey and Frank to get back together...but not for my usual reason. I wasn’t thinking of my brother’s welfare as much as I used to. I was thinking of Frank’s...and mine. Frank didn’t really love Mikey and I...maybe I liked Mr Iero a little more then I should considering he was my brother’s ex? I should have thought of that. Frank was Mikey’s ex; it’d kill him if I started going out with him. This is so confusing. Frank just understood me in some weird way. I didn’t feel the need to have my guard up around him...I could be myself. The only other people I could do that with were Mikey, Ray and Bob. He didn’t hate me for being me.

I lay on my bed, on my back this time, and just thought about Frank. I smiled as the smell of his hair came back to me; how at the hospital I’d rest my head against Frank’s just to smell his hair. How I’d pretend to accidentally brush my hand by his arms just to feel how toned they were. We’d started talking to each other more now....ever since I’d told him about what Bert said to me, we started to make conversation. I still didn’t know much about him; it was just general chit-chat.

I didn’t want Frank to go back home when he left the hospital. I wanted him to live with me so I could look after him and keep him away from his parents. But I knew that they’d just force him to go back.

I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping that Frank wouldn’t get back with Mikey. He couldn’t, he knew he couldn’t...he didn’t love him. He’d just end up hurting him. I wondered if Frank and I could ever be more then friends.

But would it be fair to Mikey?