Status: On hiatus.

He's a Bitch

Misery loves Company.

Mikey POV

As I slowly came to, I could hear knocking at my door. My head throbbed as I carefully sat up, and felt like it was going to split in two with every knock. I looked around my room, a hand pressed to my forehead to try and relieve the pain. My eyes fell on the empty cans and bottles, and I realized that I’d drunk myself to sleep again.

The person outside the door was getting impatient, and were trying hurriedly to pick the lock. I could hear the sound of metal on metal as they shook the handle furiously. There was silence for a minute, and I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking they’d gone, but oh no, I was wrong. The person outside gave an almighty yell as my door came crashing open with such force that I was surprised it didn’t come off its hinges. Gerard was in the doorway, expression furious, and he lowered his foot which he’d obviously used to kick the door open. He glared at me, folding his arms and moving into the room. I couldn’t look at him; I was too ashamed.

Gerard’s eyes fell on the cans and bottles on the floor, and he immediately looked back up at me, his face angry.

“You’ve been drinking!” he hissed, coming over to me and slapping me on the face.

“Ouch!” I yelped, holding onto the cheek that he’d slapped, tears stinging my eyes. “Gerard, please don’t!”

His face still held annoyance, but he sighed and he sat down on the bed beside me, pulling me into a hug. I collapsed into his arms, holding onto him tightly.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, looking at the ground in shame.

I nodded, showing him that I forgave him and held onto him tighter. He smiled weakly.

“I don’t understand, Gee,” I said, raising my head to look at him, my eyes wide with confusion. “You drink all the time. You’re shitfaced every weekend...why are you so angry with me?”

He sighed, and looked away from me, before turning back and looking at me.

“I don’t want you to turn out like me,” he said, his voice grim.

I didn’t know what to say to that, so I didn’t say anything at all. We sat for a few moments in silence, just holding one another, until Gerard spoke.

“Are you going to tell me what happened?” he enquired, shifting on the bed so he could look in my eyes.

“I...I..um, no,” I muttered, turning my face away from his.

“Has it...has it got something to do with Frank?” he asked, his voice biting harshly at Frank’s name.

Oh god, just the sound of his name made me feel like crying. I loved him so much, but he hurt me so bad. Not just once either...over and over again. I don’t know why I still love him. Maybe I’m just desperate for someone to love me.

“It does, doesn’t it,” Gerard said, loosening his hold on me.

Dammit, my teary eyes must have given me away. I wiped them on my sleeve and looked at Gerard. I slowly nodded. His face darkened, and to say the least it was scary.

“Who was he with this time?” Gerard asked, bitterly.

“Bert,” I said, barely audible, but Gerard heard it.

“Bert!?” he yelled in shock and outrage. “Are you serious?!”

I nodded glumly, ready to start crying again.

“Oh, that little shit is just asking for it!” Gerard growled, his eyes narrowing.

I could understand why he was so angry; Bert and Gerard went out for a year, before Bert cheated on him with some prep from another school. They hadn’t spoken since.

Gerard’s hands were shaking slightly in anger as he pulled me back in for a hug. It was scary seeing Gerard this way. He could get really violent and as much as Frank had hurt me, I didn’t want him on the receiving end of this.

“Are you going to school today?” Gerard asked me, pulling out of our hug.

“I’m too fucking hung-over,” I whined. “Please can I just stay home?”

Gerard sighed.

“Fine,” he said, obviously frustrated. “But when mum comes home, pretend like you were at school, ok?”

“Okay,” I replied, smiling at him as he got up off my bed.

Gerard crossed my room to my door.

“Oh,” he said, glancing back to the bottles and cans. “Get rid of those as well.”

“Yeah, I will,” I nodded. “Thanks Gee, for everything.”

“Just doing my brotherly duties,” he said, smiling and shrugging. Though it looked slightly forced.

I smiled at him as he slipped out the door and back towards his own room. Laying back down on my bed, I closed my eyes and willed myself to go back to sleep. He was the best brother ever.