Status: give me a week

The Little Coffee Shop

Company

Robert walked in the coffee shop that morning. The waitress and waiters waved hello to him and he gave the gesture back. He walked to the table he always sat for past months. Katrine, one of the waitress, was right there at Robert's table with a the small notepad and pen.

"The usual, Robert?" Katrine asked. Robert looked up and shook his head. "Oh. Well then, what would it be today?"

Robert pondered. "How about a small cup of coffee of french vanilla?" Katrine wrote in her notepad. Then, Robert smiled... "And can I have a muffin?" Katrine nodded her head and off she went back to the counter. Robert sighed and reclined to the bench.

To the other side of the coffee shop, sat Jayden Maine. She focused on her laptop and sat alone near the window. Suddenly, Mike walked over to Jayden's table with her order. She didn't even notice the presence of Mike.

"Hey," Mike said as he held to her order. Jayden stopped and looked and Mike waited. "Anytime soon will be great ya know." Jayden laughed, she closed her laptop and cleared the table. Mike set it down as Jayden said thank you.

"You are such a geek," he said.

Jayden rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever. Just go back to your work and leave me alone to enjoy my meal." Mike smiled and walked away to attend to another customer's need. Jayden was once again left alone, to eat by the window.

As soon as Mike left, Jayden looked around the room. She saw Stephen, her co-worker, sitting alone. 'Weird,' Jayden thought. 'He keeps staring at that guy across him... Is he gay?' Jayden thought for a while, but put her focus back to her meal. Then she got bored of looking around, so she stopped half-way eating her pancake. Jayden put her plate aside, took her laptop, and started working once again.

"Robert," Katrine said as she walked over to his table. Robert looked up. "Here's your coffee and muffin." She set it down in front of him and Robert began drinking his coffee. He smiled as he tasted it. Katrine continued, "Do you need anything else?" Robert shook his head. Katrine nodded her head and headed off.

Robert took a bite of his muffin at the same time he looked around the shop. He didn't notice Jayden, but he did notice the cute blond sitting in front of Jayden. The muffin still in his hand, he relaxed in his seat.

Then his phone rang, vibrated in his pants. He put the muffin on the plate and took out his phone. "Hello," Robert spoke. He waited for a response, suddenly a woman voice came in. Robert knew who it was after the person said 'Robert'. "Victoria, what do you want?" He laughed when Victoria said, 'Oh! I can't check up on my little brother?' Robert sighed, "Of course you could, but I'm particularly busy right now..." Robert made little noises. Victoria laughed on the other line. Finally, Victoria said, 'I'm right behind you.' Robert stopped and turned around.

"Hey, little brother!" Victoria almost yelled. Robert closed his phone and without thinking, his head dropped on the edge of the chair. Victoria laughed. "Am I really that of a disappointment to you?" Robert slowly lifted his head and showed a smirk. Victoria took her things and moved to Robert's table.

"How did you find me here?" Robert asked, as soon as he was back to his old position- eating his muffin and relaxing on chair.

"Easy. I have my connections," Victoria smiled and subtlety pointed at the browned hair guy across their table. Robert looked and the guy waved.

"You had someone spy on me?" Robert asked, now sitting upright on his chair. Victoria nodded her head. "For how long was this going on?" Robert took a sip of his coffee.

Victoria played with her hair. "Ever since you've been here in America." Robert choked on his coffee and glared at his sister. Victoria put her hand in front of her and reasoned with Robert. "Now, now... I was just worried. So I had asked Stephen to follow you around." Stephen lightly spoke, 'That's me.'

Robert rolled his eyes and set his coffee down. "I'm 24 years old for Christ's sake, Victoria. I don't need to be watched," he said and then saw his sister's sadness rise to the surface. He sighed and added, "Though, I appreciate your concern." Victoria's face lit up. Robert smiled and the two started conversing.

For a while, Jayden was on her laptop, drinking coffee and eating pieces of her pancake. But she had to stopped when she saw her computer time to be already at 9:30 A.M. Jayden closed her laptop, put it away, and got off her seat. She was about to leave when she still saw Stephen sitting at his table. So, she decided to walk over to him and tell him it's time.

"Steph," Jayden called. Stephen looked away from Robert and Victoria and looked at Jayden, who was in front of him. Victoria and Robert looked at the two. "It's almost ten, bossman might get mad if we're late." Victoria stood up and smiled.

"I didn't know Stephen had a girlfriend..." Stephen and Jayden looked at Victoria.

"What? Oh.. Wait. You think I'm with him? Oh no! You're mistaken.. I'm just his co-worker." Jayden explained.

"Yeah.. My annoying, next-to-me co-worker, Jayden." Stephen added. Jayden lightly punched Stephen's shoulder, he snickered.

"That's a really unique name..." Victoria said. Jayden smiled and nodded her head. Stephen put his things away and stood up from his chair.

"Well, we're off," Stephen smiled.

"Aw, really? That's quite sad... I was really enjoying company." Victoria pouted. Robert coughed and everyone's attention turned to him. Victoria's face lit-up. "By the way, how can I forget... This is my little brother, Robert." Robert waved from his sitting position, while holding a muffin in his hand.

"Hey," Jayden said.

"Nice name," Robert finally spoke.

"How about my name?" Stephen asked. The three persons laughed lightly. "No seriously... I think it's quite unique."

"Yes, for a person to live in fourteenth century," Jayden mocked. Victoria laughed harder and Robert choked on his muffin. Stephen lightly pushed Jayden.

"Wow, she's a killer!" Victoria exclaimed. "Hey! Do you come here often?" She looked at Jayden.

"Yeah, for the past two years," Jayden replied. "Sitting over there, by the window." Jayden turned around and pointed at her corner. Victoria, Robert, and Stephen followed her trail.

"Well, you better sit with Stephen next time! I love your company." Victoria smiled.

"I'd love her company too, you know..." Robert whispered to himself. Luckily, no one noticed what he said. Instead he said, "Don't let my sister hold you two, go before your boss gets mad." The three turned their attention to Robert. Jayden looked at her watched and was surprised that ten minutes has passed.

"Heh, well.. Goodbye to both of you. I guess, I'll be seeing you two here tomorrow?" Jayden spoke, holding onto her shoulder bag's strap. Victoria nodded and Robert smiled. "Okay, well... Bye!" Jayden waved and off she went. Stephen said his goodbyes and followed Jayden out the door.

Victoria sat back down as soon as the two left. She looked at Robert. "She's interesting... I wonder if I can..."

Robert interrupted his sister, "Oh no! You are not going to send someone to spy on her!" Victoria laughed and ignored her little brother's words. Robert shook his head, he knew his sister too well and she up to something. But for now, he ignored it and continued eating his muffin. While he ate and drank, Victoria and him went back to conversing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Robert Pattinson is not an actor in this story. He's just a normal guy.
I still have to decide what job he has and all that jizz.. But Victoria is
a model in this story - currently lives at England, but vacationing at America.

& I still don't know where the location is at. Maybe next chapter - I'll figure
everything out ^^