Bogeyman

emily

The sky was painted black, clouds blending into the dark backdrop. A few stars twinkled dully, but the moon was as bright as ever. Full and round, casting a ghostly glow along the deserted road. Rain fell from the sky, it splattered in thick droplets on the ground, soaking anything that dare block it's path.

Emily Carson was staggering down the street towards her house. She swayed in her four inch heels. The skin on her feet was raw from where her shoes had cut into them. She had tortured her poor feet for the sake of fashion. Emily staggered slightly, almost falling into a privet as she passed a dark house.

Her latest master plan to block the nightmares was to make herself so intoxicated with sweet alcohol that she simply passed out on her mattress at night. She'd be unable to think coherently, therefore, she hoped she wouldn't dream at all. Emily wasn't even bothered about dreaming now. She didn't care for good dreams, not when the bad one's plagued her mind on a nightly basis. She often wondered if good dreams actually existed.

A street lamp flickered in the distance, casting an eerie orange glow across the road. Emily stopped for a moment, rubbing her tired eye and smudging her dark make up across her face. She reached into her clutch bag and pulled out her phone, pressing a button to illuminate the tiny screen. The clock read three fifteen AM. She had stayed out till most of the clubs had closed, sat in a booth until kicking out time. She shivered as the cold properly hit her, shoving her phone back into her bag, before carrying on home.

A dark figure was standing at the end of the road. Emily had stopped in her tracks to take in the shadow. She could feel the rain water pouring down on her, soaking her hair and making her dress stick to her. She shuddered at the scenario she was suddenly in. It was so horror film like. It was either the rain or the cold that had sobered her up, but she was aware of what was happening. She was a drunk girl standing on a dark, deserted street and there was a weirdo standing at the end of it, waiting to either rape or murder her or a bit of both.

Emily inhaled deeply, before changing her course of direction by crossing the road. She kept her head down, her eyes on her feet as she walked. There was a faint sound and then the dark figure was standing in front of her.

It was a man with a round face. He had brown hair and stubble lined his jaw line and chin. His eyes were so beautiful. She stared up at him as he pushed the hood of his cloak down and smiled at her. His teeth were pearly white, sharp and neatly formed. He bared a set of long, jagged fangs at her, hissing. His eyes were wide with lust for her.

Alarmed, Emily took a few uneasy steps backwards. "Um," she couldn't breathe as fear paralysed her entire body. By now the stranger was stepping towards her, he gripped her skinny arm in a vice like grip, raising it towards his mouth. But before he could sink his teeth into her skin, he disappeared.

Emily looked in horror as another dark figure laid on top of the man. The man was receiving punches in the face, his nose was bleeding and his eyes were filled with rage. She opened her mouth to beg them to stop fighting, but no sound came out.

An arm appeared around her shoulder and she looked up to see another cloaked figure, this one had his hood down, revealing platinum blond hair that hung in his eyes. His skin was pale and sallow, his eyes sunken into his skull. She stared at the figure who turned her away from the pair still in the middle of a fight.

"Come on, let me take you home. Where do you live?" He asked, calmly.

Emily swallowed hard and pointed in the direction she was headed. The strange figure began walking, and she had no choice but to fall into step beside him. His body was warm and the cloak was providing them much anonymity. She hoped no one had looked out of the window and seen what she had just witnessed.

"W-who are you?" She managed to breathe out, glancing up at the stranger.

He laughed bitterly. "You don't wanna know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooo Emily and Sean meet (:

Comment if you read.