Slow motion, see me let go

Chapter 5

"I'm really glad you could make it." He flashed me an award winning smile again. I could feel a bit of heat rise in my cheeks but I still smiled back. "It was fun. We should hang again sometime soon." I told him. He nodded and seemed to be lost in his thought for a minute. "You should come with me!" He blurted then quickly added, "to the blink concert." I grinned at him, "Wow. I would love to! When is it?" I asked silently praying for it to be within the next two months. "Tomorrow night." OK yeah that's soon. "My friend Jon bailed on my earlier so I figured, since you said you liked them-" He explained. Scuffing his sneakers across the pavement. "Brendon-" I grabbed his hand. "Brendon, I am too." I told him. I'm not sure what made me tell him at that moment, it maybe just seemed right? At first he looked puzzled but I looked him in the eye and he understood.

I walked in through the front door of my shabby apartment. Tossing my keys on the counter and heading over to the fridge. "Are you sure hes the one?" The deep voice boomed through my head again. "Wha-" I started. "to help? Is he in need of help?" They asked and I questioned myself. I hadn't even really thought about who I could help. Was the sadness really there? God, I'm so confused now! I grabbed some ice cream and flopped onto my couch to think all this through.