Beauty In Breaking

Beauty In Breaking

"Oh dear what can I do baby's in black and I'm feeling blue" I wandered the ancient dead streets going nowhere. The song ended and there was that little peaceful silence that happens between to songs before the next one comes blaring in. I Have not been paying attention to where I am going. I walk past the old cinema. Then the memory's come flooding back. Holding hands, heart filled gazes, then the en of it all. The initial shock and then the deep depression and finally the weariness. A single tear rolls down my cheek. I allow it to run its course down my face, curving at my chin, trickling down my neck then being absorbed into my coat.

I began to walk along the river. I came to the bridge. It was high, higher than I had ever noticed, I was uncomfortable being up this high. I crossed over quickly. I walked up the main street passing the many unemployed folk moping around the town. I passed the second hand bookstore an decided to go inside. I began to browse.I spotted an old copy of animal farm. It had been "our" book. I bought it.

I walked slowly down the street flicking through the pages.Remembering discussions we had once had about it.When I looked up I was at the bridge. I walked across to the middle. I looked down at the roaring river below me. I held my arms out and dropped the book. It fell quickly and sank. Then thinking of her I stood on the railings and jumped.

As I fell the water beneath me vanished only solid ground was below me. I would be found in a day or two. The ground wet with only my blood.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? I know this requested by everyone but still your view would be nice.