Just Say Those Three Words

o1.

I've lived in Forks, Washington all my life, despite my father's Quileute heritage. My dad frequently visited his friends on the res, but I barely ever went.

So, when my dad told me we were moving 'back home' I didn't know what to expect. I would be moving to the school on the reservation, and be the 'new girl' for the first time. The thought terrified me. I was okay once I knew someone, but I couldn't handle being around strangers.

"Come on, tiger let's go," my father called from down the hall of our new home. I was sitting in my room, trying to busy myself with unpacking. As usual, I had gotten sidetracked by my kitten, Estelle. She was a white, orange and black calico with a curious nature. She was constantly getting into the boxes, playing with its contents. All I had gotten done was my clothes, which were only lying on the floor, as my dresser was still not in place.

"COMING!" I yelled, frowning into my mirror. I once again looked at my reflection. I had taken my father's dark hair, but I had my mother's light blue eyes. I had none of the prominent native features so apparent on the reservation. "Dad, why did I have to do this?" I asked, walking out of my still barely furnished room. The whole house was still unsettled, due to both mine and my father's procrastination.

"Its fine, Dee, you'll be fine," he said, calling me my nickname affectionately. "I got someone to pick you up, anyhow."

"Ooh goodie," I smiled sarcastically, "Now I'll get to spend more time with people I know nothing about."

"Delilah," he scolded, looking out the window. "They're here," he said, holding out my bag. "Be nice, don't swear too much and don't bite."

"What if they bite first?" I asked smiling, opening the door and looking at the car picking me up. It held a few guys, from what I could tell. I almost didn't notice my father's uneasy look as I said it.

"They won't, Dee," he assured me, waving to the car. He shut the door, leaving me to go to the car.

I walked to the black Honda, seeing the front passenger seat filled, and opened the back door. Two big, burly guys occupied the backseat, making it nearly impossible to sit. I managed to squeeze next to one without falling out, then shut the door.

"I'm Sam Uley," the driver said, smiling into the rearview mirror. "Your dad wanted us to make sure you find the school okay."

"The res isn't that big, I'm sure I would've found it," I said, looking out the window. When I looked at Same, I noticed he was also big, and almost bigger. He had the classic Native American look, with dark hair and eyes, and copper skin. "What grade are you guys in?" I asked, looking around, "You all look a lot older than high school."

"I'm graduated," Sam said, "but Quil, Embry, and Jacob are seniors this year."

I looked beside me and smiled at the two beside me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Quil," the one farthest away said.

The one beside me smiled and introduced himself as Embry.

The one in the front I assumed was Jacob. I could see his face in the side mirror, but he avoided my gaze like I had a pepperoni stuck to my chin. I did a subtle face check, and then looked back at Jacob, catching his eye. When our eyes connected, the car seemed to drive in slow motion, and the whole world seemed to wiz by, yet, at the same time, completely stop.

"I'm Jacob," he said, taking a shaky breath.

"Delilah," I smiled. The more I sat beside the huge boys, the more I noticed the temperature. "Is it hot in here?" I asked Sam, who stole a quick glance from Jacob. The both shook their head.

"I think it's you," Quil smiled, laughing a little.

A growl like noise emerged from Jacob, and then an awkward silence took over the car. It was still boiling hot, though. The small town passed by quickly, and soon, the high school came into view. It was a one story building, with a lot for cars, and a track and baseball field next door. It looked like an average, small town high school.

"Sam, I need a moment," Jacob said as the car pulled up. "I'll meet you inside," he whispered to the others. He looked at me as I got out, once again sending my body tingling.

As Quil and Embry got out, they seemed to get even bigger. Even though I was tall, nearly 5'9, they still seemed to have a good 7 or 8 inches on me. I walked around the car and towards the school beside them silently. They glanced back towards the car. "He's whipped, man," Embry said, looking back.

"Who's whipped?" I asked, looking at the two.

"Nothing, never mind."

"So, what's your favorite subject?" Quil asked, opening the door to the school. All the students looked nearly the same, to me. All of them had dark hair, copper skin, and dark eyes. I immediately felt like an outcast.

"I like art," I said, taking a look at the schedule that my dad gave me. I had nearly all extra classes, like art, photography and music. I looked back at the door, and saw Jacob was still talking to Sam. I was curious about how he acted towards me, and how I reacted to him. It wasn't like me to immediately fall for someone.

"Hmm, I know that you have lunch with us," Embry said, looking over my shoulder easily.

"And pre-calc with me and Embry."

"And Euro-history with me."

"And art stuff with Jake."

"Well, good. I'm glad I know some people here." I found my locker, then tried the combination. It was still locked shut even though I did the combination. I tried again, only to have the locker jam.

"Here, let me try," a voice, not belonging to Quil or Embry, said from behind me.

I looked up at Jacob, moving over so he could attempt to open my locker. I gave him the combination and watched as he tried the lock. "I swear, everything in the world that has a function hates me," I joked as he easily opened it.

"Not everything hates you," he smiled, moving over so I could put my stuff away. "I'm sure you can use a microwave, or maybe a toaster oven."

"Actually, I can use food related devices. I make a mean Mac and Cheese," I smiled. I shoved my bag inside after taking out a notebook, then slammed the door shut.

"Hmm," he said, walking away. I followed him, not knowing where else to go. "That's good, 'cause Mac and Cheese is awesome."

"I know, right?" I smiled. "So, what's your first class?"

"Art II. Same as you."

"Wow, I didn't think I told anyone but Quil and Embry my schedule…" I said, confused. I looked down at the schedule in my hand.

"Oh, I was beside you when you told Embry and Quil, silly," he said, smiling and walking in a room.

I frowned, but followed him into my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be awesome.
;D
This is just drabbling for me, actually. I've no clue where this is going.
Any ideas, suggestions, I'll take.