Just Say Those Three Words

10.

I pondered outside my closet for nearly ten minutes before pulling out a simple sweater and jeans outfit. I didn't want to sacrifice cuteness for warmth, but with the temperature falling as I thought, it would inevitably have to happen.

I looked down at my phone and saw that it was Jacob calling and smiled. "Rise and shine and give God your glory, glory—" I sang, being cut off by laughter.

"What the hell, Dee?"

I smiled into the phone, "I'm in a good mood."

"Why? Will you open the window for me, too?" he asked.

I stopped and walked to the window, my face wound up in confusion. "I have a front door."

"I can't show off using a front door."

I sighed and opened the window, going back to the closet. I noticed the phone click off, and I soon heard a quiet jump, then a soft thud on the floor. I turned around and saw Jacob smiling at me, wearing a nice pair of jeans and t-shirt.

"Hey," I smiled, walking over and giving him a short hug. "Bella said yes."

He smiled and nodded, "I heard. I was surprised they were that nice."

I looked at the floor. "You didn't hear Bella's little outbreak?"

He visibly tensed up. "You handled that nicely," he complimented. "And she was just confused, anyway."

I felt my face flush in sudden anger as I glared at him. "Shut up. Don't cover for her."

He looked at me cautiously. "Huh?"

"You love her!" My eyes clouded up with tears as Jake stared at me, then wrapped his arms around me. "I don't know why I said that," I whispered, closing my eyes into Jake's chest.

"This is gonna be really personal, but are you PMS-ing?" he asked.

I looked up at him with an eyebrow cocked up. "No."

He sighed and kissed my head.

"Why?" I asked, still feeling a small pang of anger towards him.

"It's a wolf thing."

I nodded slowly. "So this is really happening?" I asked, looking at him.

He nodded, and then gave me a comforting smile. "It's not a big deal. It's nothing to freak out about."

My temper flared up as he said it, but I bit my tongue and nodded. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

He smiled, not noticing anything wrong, and kissed me. I gladly returned the favor, nearly forgetting I was mad a second previously. His warms lips easily covered mine while his arms pulled me closer to his body.

Before we even had a chance to go too far, Jacob stopped suddenly and gently shoved me away. A few seconds later, the bedroom door opened, revealing my tired looking father.

He didn't notice or care about what Jake and I were doing previously, because he just leaned on the door frame and looked at us. "You're going out tonight?" he asked.

I nodded, as did Jacob. "I'm taking her to the bonfire, sir," Jake answered.

"I really don't know why I even should question you. She's obviously fine with you."

He smiled. "She's not hard to take care of."

I scowled. "I'm not a baby, I don't need to be taken care of," I pouted.

My dad shrugged and smiled. "If you say so… I'm just worried. Weird teenage hormonal girl stuff…"

"Dad, I had that weird hormonal girl stuff happen when I was twelve," I laughed. "Don't worry. Just go away and watch TV."

He sighed. "I wasn't talking about that.

I noticed Jacob's mouth made an 'oh' of understanding, but I still was clueless. "What?"

"Tiger, please just put two and two together," he pleaded, scratching his neck in nervousness.

Jacob sighed. "He doesn't want us to have sex, Dee," Jacob said, sounding irritated, yet amused at the same time.

My face turned into a scowl as I scanned my dad's face. "My non-existent sex life is something that should be undoubtedly left unquestioned, regardless of how much of the weird hormonal girl stuff is happening. Go away."

He laughed, then shrugged and closed the door behind him as he left.

I sighed and went to my bed and grabbed the sweater. "Can you believe him?"

Jake smiled faintly. "Yeah, we're both teenagers, and you're gorgeous."

I shook my head, feeling a warm burn coming to my cheeks. "It's so awkward."

He laughed. "You'll get used to it. Living with wolves is awkward."

I sighed and walked into my attached bathroom with my clothes in hand. After I got dressed, I left the bathroom and walked to the kitchen. Jacob was gulping down milk straight from the carton, standing over the sink.

"Boo," I said, coming up beside him and poking his side.

Jacob jumped slightly and turned to stare at me. "Took you long enough," he joked. "You ready?"

I stuck out my tongue and grabbed the milk. "Didn't Billy teach you manners?"

"Psht. Like that matters."

"Typical boy," I joked, smirking up at him and putting the milk back into the fridge. "I'm kidding," I added as he pouted.

He smirked and looked toward the door. "We need to go pick up the princess," he muttered, taking a few large steps to the back door.

I scoffed. "I'm right here, silly."

Jacob stopped and shook his head. "We need to go pick up the less important princess."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated, I'm really busy and this isn't a priority. I'll update when I have time, and lately, that isn't that much.
<3