Just Say Those Three Words

o2.

"Dad! I'm home!" I called, finding the house in slightly better shape.

He walked out of the kitchen, smiling sheepishly. "I didn't realize you'd be home so soon."

"What did you do?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"Just rearranged some stuff…" he trailed off and rubbed his neck, smearing grease all over.

I walked into the kitchen, my jaw falling. He had taken the oven and refrigerator completely out, and switched them, but hadn't been able to hook them up correctly. "Dad…"

"I know, I know. I'll call a mechanic or electrician or something."

I sighed. "Wait," I said, a figurative light bulb going off above my head. "Jake likes stuff like this; I can go see if he can help."

"Jake?" my dad asked, an eyebrow turning up.

"Jacob Black," I explained. "He was with Sam when he picked me up."

"Oh, that's okay, if you have work to do, then I'll just go find someone else," he reasoned, realizing I'd probably have homework.

"No, I want to go get him," I said, subconsciously longing to go see him. I grabbed a hoody to fight off the cool Washington breeze, and went outside to get my bike. My dad had bought me a black motorcycle for my seventeenth birthday. It was relatively new, and was my baby. I revved once, then took off towards Jacob's house, which I'd located when Sam had dropped him off after school. He lived close to me, so it only took a few minutes to get to his house. I saw an orange, rusty truck in his driveway, that hadn't been there when we'd dropped him off.

I got off my bike and walked to the front door of Jacob's red house, and knocked a few times. The door opened to reveal an older man in a wheelchair, but with a smiling face.

"Hi," I said, "Is Jacob here?"

He smiled, and backed up. "He's here. I'll go get him." He wheeled off, then went to get Jacob.

A while later, Jacob came down the hall. When he saw me, a brighter smile covered his face and he started walking a little faster to greet me. He was only clad in a pair of athletic shorts and shoes, showing off his muscular torso.

"Delilah! What are you doing here?" he asked, pulling me into a huge, warm hug.

"I need to ask you something," I said, looking up at him, still in his arms. His bare skin was scalding on my face and neck, but at the same time, comforting. "My dad kinda destroyed our kitchen, and the stove and fridge need rewiring. Would you want to?" I asked, batting my thick eyelashes.

He smiled and nodded.

I had been so engrossed in Jacob; I hadn't noticed a girl follow him. Bella Swan was standing behind him, watching him still have his arms around me. "Hi, Bella," I smiled, trying to get out of Jacob's grip.

"Hi," she said, waving. "You moved to La Push?"

I nodded. I had known her at Forks High, but hadn't talked to her much, since all her time was spent around Edward. "My dad did, for some reason."

"Oh, Edward and I were talking about you, actually. Alice says she misses you," she added, smiling.

I had nearly forgotten about the bubbly little Cullen. I had met Bella through her when Bella and Edward were actually dating. "Alice can come by my house anytime," I said. "I live just inside La Push."

"Oh… I'll send her the message," she said, an uneasy look on her face.

"Bells, I'm gonna leave, so I'll see you the next time he lets you out," Jake said, opening the door and grabbing my hand to lead me out.

"But I might not be able to see you for a while," she said, sounding like she was pleading with him.

"I'll talk to you later, Bella," he said. "So, Dee, how'd you get here?" he asked me, looking towards me.

I pointed to my bike that was parked next to the truck. "My baby."

He smiled at it, running a hand over the seat. "Can I drive it?" he asked. His picture perfect smile didn't leave.

"You like bikes?"

"Love them."

"You can drive," I said. He got on, and then held the bike up so I could get behind him. He revved up, and then took off fast toward my house. I clung onto him for dear life as he drove like a maniac. His torso was plenty to keep me warm, even with him driving fifty plus miles an hour to my house on a bike. He pulled into my driveway and got off, helping me off also.

"So, how's the moving process going?" he asked, smiling.

"Good… but my room is still a disaster, the living room isn't completely done, none of the decorations are up, and obviously, the kitchen is dead."

He laughed loudly, opening the door to examine the damage. He looked around. "It's not that bad."

I shrugged.

"Really, it's understandable."

My dad came around the corner from the kitchen, his eyes scanning me and Jacob, like any overprotective father would. "So, you're Jacob?" he asked, sizing him up.

My dad could have passed as Jacob's father. They both were tall, muscular and had dark features. But still, my dad was a few inches shorter than Jacob. They shook hands, making it look like a battle of strength. My dad came away wincing and shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you," Jacob said, smirking.

I sighed and sat down at the table in the next room. There was a big archway that connected the kitchen to the dining room, so I could easily talk to him. "So, you know what you're doing?" I asked, watching him kneel beside the wall.

"Yeah, it's basic stuff, actually."

"Really? It looks way too complicated for me." I smiled at him as he looked up. While other girls would have been putting on an act, I knew, I was thoroughly confused by his quick system of wiring.

"Well, I'm not teaching you how to do it, though," he said, looking at the back of the stove. "Because I like coming over here and watching you stare at me."

I smiled and sighed. "I'm normally not like this…"

"You feel different about me… right?"

"Yes," I whispered, looking at my dad in the living room, reading the paper. I moved closer to Jacob, thinking he'd never be able to hear me.

"I feel like I've known you forever."

"Like a best friend though, nothing else?" I asked, not knowing how I wanted Jacob to answer.

He shrugged, and then looked back at the stove. "It should work," he said, getting up and pushing it into the spot. He wizzed through connecting the fridge, then got up. "All done," he said, looking at me.

"Thanks, Jake."

"No problem. I wasn't doing anything."

"Bella was at your house, though," I said, examining his perfect body. I was chilled, and I had a hoody on, I expected him to be freezing.

"Oh, she's fine. She's used to me running away from her," he said, some bitterness in his voice.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, walking to the door. I felt like walking.

"I don't want to be a burden."He followed me to the door, walking out with me.

"You won't be, but if you don't wanna talk, then don't." As the cool breeze nearly whipped me out of balance, Jacob's body seemed to radiate heat. "Holy crap, you're hot!" I said as my arm brushed his. I brought my hand to his forehead, like a mother taking a child's temperature.

"Thanks so are you," he smirked, taking a warm hand to my chilled face. "I'm fine, by the way."

"You're so hot, though," I said, thinking to myself. I put a hand to his stomach, once again checking his body heat. "That isn't normal, Jake."

"I promise, I'll explain it sometime." He looked into my eyes, taking my hand off his abs. "But I would like to talk… about Bella." I nodded, trying hard to push away the butterflies in my stomach as he held my hand. "She's talking to the wrong people… people I can't let her be around. And I want to do something about it, but I can't."

"Why can't you? Wasn't she like your best friend when Edward left?" I asked, knowing the story of what happened when Edward left.

"That's why I can't talk to her."

"Oh… Edward is mad that she turned to you, and you're mad she went back to Edward so quickly."

He smiled, "Exactly."

"I'll talk to them, if you want me to, I'm gonna go see Alice eventually, anyway" I said, looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

"No!" he quickly covered up and said, "I don't want you to get involved in my silly drama."

"Are you sure? I'm most likely going to go see Alice anyhow," I responded, staring at him wide-eyed for his outbreak.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Jacob said quietly. We had reached the woods by my house, and Jacob was gazing off into them, almost longingly. "The Cullen's don't really—" A wolf howled somewhere in the woods. Jacob looked at me, "I need to go. I'll pick you up for school tomorrow," he said, giving me a hug. "Stay inside tonight. Don't leave for anything," he whispered. He let go of me, then raced to the woods, disappearing into the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I really hoped that this would get out faster, but I forgot it was written, so I already have the third chapter almost done, so the next one will be out quicker.
And if you like Draco Malfoy, check out my other story, "I'll See Through You, Your Pale Blue Eyes"
:D