Just Say Those Three Words

o5.

I stared at him for a few seconds, which turned into a few minutes. We both sat in silence, on the ground, holding hands, in the middle of the woods. And the freaky part was I wasn't bored. I felt fine, as long as I was with him. The feelings I had for him made sense now that I knew what had happened to us. I felt attached to him, physically and emotionally after just knowing him for two days.

Finally, I had to ask the question that was in my head since I found out that there were vampires in Forks. "What do the Cullen's eat?"

Jake smiled. "I'm surprised it took you that long. They're 'vegetarians.' They only drink the blood of animals, not that it's that much better."

"So, they've been vampires since they've lived here, and no one knew?"

"Nope."

I frowned. "Seriously, if they're gonna be monsters, why not be realistic? I mean, drinking animal blood?"

"And guess what else?" Jacob smiled.

"Hmm?"

"They sparkle."

I smiled, thinking he was joking. When his face remained the same, I broke out into laughter. "Emmett Cullen sparkles?"

"Yep. That's why they disappear when it gets sunny. Everything they do makes sense when you understand what they are," Jacob said thoughtfully, leaning back on the grass and looking up at the cloudy sky.

"Does Bella know?"

He scoffed. I could easily tell that Bella was a touchy subject for him. "Yeah."

I looked at him, scrunching my face up. "Elaborate."

"She doesn't care that he's a freak of nature."

I cocked up my right eyebrow. "And what are you, wolf man?" I joked, playfully punching his stomach.

He pulled up his left eyebrow and lightly punched me as well. "Same as you might be, Miss Awesome-pants."

I bit my lip for a moment, letting the words sink in. "Is it weird?" I asked softly, looking at the grass beside Jake's tanned body.

"No, not once you get used to it. And it might not happen. You just have one of the genes, that's all."

I nodded, and looked at him. "If you and I have the same genes, does that mean we're related?" I asked, trying to look indifferent. Although, the truth was, I had been thinking that since I was told that my father was a wolf as well.

Jacob put on the same indifferent look I wore and shrugged. "Distantly, maybe. There are literally nearly a hundred generations that have passed and more different bloodlines that carry the genes. So, there isn't anything wrong with us being together."

"Otherwise, you wouldn't have imprinted?" I guessed, pulling up a few strands of grass.

"I wouldn't have." He chuckled softly to himself. "I tried so hard to make myself imprint on Bella, it's funny that she isn't anything anymore."

I looked up from the grass and smiled. "It's weird." I blushed to myself when I felt Jacob's eyes scan my face. "That you liked her so much, and now you're over her."

He shrugged his broad shoulders, and leaned back so he was lying down. "I used to think it was."

"Until?"

"Until it happened." He laughed, shaking his head to himself. "I never thought it'd happen, especially to someone random like you," he joked.

"Yeah, like I have it any better," I responded, "Getting stuck with a dog." I smiled and ruffled his hair.

He pretended to be mad and rolled over on top of me, straddling my waist with his legs. He held my arms with his hands and leaned down towards my face. "What did you call me?"

I giggled, and tried to squirm out of his legs. "You know… playful jokes between friends?"

"Call me that again, and you're going down, princess," he said, leaning up and pulling himself to his feet.

I accepted his hand and stood up. I smiled at him and started walking towards my house. "You're pretty cool… for a dog," I said, winking at him.

He sighed and acted as if he was just going to walk beside me, but then he ran after me. I screamed and tried to run, but he was tackling me before I could even react. He brought me to the ground and once again straddled me. I giggled nervously and bit my lip. He smirked as he started tickling me.

"Jake!" I tried to turn away from him, but he kept tickling my sides, laughing at me. "Stop!"

"Never!" he cried, still tickling me.

I tried pushing him off, but his rock hard muscles didn't budge. After he had had enough of tickling, he stopped and stared at me. His long hair brushed on my cheek as he tilted his head to the side. I smiled and pushed the strands of hair behind his ear. I kept my hand in his hair as he took a breath and looked from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes uncertainly.

After a second of hesitation, I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him. He smiled into my mouth and responded immediately. After a few minutes, or maybe a few hours, he pulled away from me and smiled.

"Wow," he said, sitting up next to me.

I smiled and looked at him. "You're cute."

He chuckled and put his arm around me. "So… yes or no?"

I continued to state at him with a puzzled expression on my face. "What?"

"Go out with me, yes or no?"

I smiled and brought my face to his and kissed him again. He brought his hand to my neck and pulled me in closer. After another few minutes, I pulled away and smiled. "Does that answer well enough?" I asked, smirking slightly.

He shrugged. "You know, Dee… you could always let me know some more."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's cute.

And mostly a filler, but still cute.
:]
Title Credit: I can See Clearly Now, Jimmy Cliff (DON'TJUDGEME.)