Just Say Those Three Words

o7.

The little get together was perfect for me. It was just the thing to distract me from the scary monsters that were now my reality. I met several new people, Jared, Leah, and Seth, were the only ones that stayed around long enough for me to know. Leah was a werewolf as well, I assumed, judging by the way the guys included her. She was one of the girls I saw at school that hung around in a swarm around Jacob. She kept her distance, but I caught her staring at Jake on more than one occasion.

I also met the girl Jared imprinted on: Kim. She went to school, and I had seen her around, but she never really caught my attention. She was rather plain, with mediocre features. Her hair was long and straight, and her eyes were a murky brown. But after seeing the way Jared looked at her, I could see her as more than that. She was a sun in his dreary town, where vampires lived down the road. She was the thick foundation that held up his entire being; that kept him above water in a raging storm at sea. And, what impressed me even more than Jared and Kim's love for each other was the fact that I was the sun, the foundation, for Jacob.

Before I knew it, it was nearing the curfew of La Push, 1:00 AM. I had curled up on the couch, nestled in between Jacob and Embry, dosing off as the TV was turned off by Sam.

"You should probably take her home," Sam chuckled. I grumbled incoherently and attempted to throw a pillow at him, keeping my eyes clenched shut. Judging by the howl of laughter, I missed badly.

"Come on, babe," Jake whispered, easily picking me up, cradling me in his arms. I felt the cold wind whip at my face as we went outside, but soon, Jake gently set me down on the leather seats of the car.

I lost recollection of anything that was happening until I felt Jake's warm arms cradle me again. "Dee," he whispered, "You're home."

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He slid me out of his arms and kept his arms around me.

"You look dead," Jacob laughed after I yawned obnoxiously.

"I'm fine," I said, rubbing my eyes once. "Thanks for taking me tonight, Jake."

"It was no problem… if you hadn't have gone I probably would've ditched three hours ago."

I smiled and stood on my tippy toes to reach his lips, but found he had to lean down still. He laughed as he pulled away.

"Shortie."

"…Tall person," I hesitated, pouting slightly.

He smirked and then picked me up again. "Solves that problem," he muttered, pulling me into a warm kiss once again.

I pulled away discouragingly. "Jake, my dad's probably watching," I groaned, slipping out of his arms.

"He'll understand—"

"I'd love to stand here, but I'm tired and I wanna sleep."

He smiled and took my hand, leading me to the door like a good gentleman. I opened the door and found the house dark, except the blue light coming from the TV in my dad's room. "See, we could have stayed out there," he smiled.

"Shh," I smiled, throwing my hoodie on the couch. "I'll talk to you tomorrow?" I asked as he opened the door to leave.

"Yeah…" he trailed off and shrugged. "You still wanna see Alice?"

I smiled and hugged him. "You'd let me?"

"I told Bella about the bonfire, and I doubt the bloodsuckers would let her go unless you asked them."

I kissed his cheek, saying, "I will."

"You aren't mad I want her there?" His face was swept over by confusion.

"No, I know how close you are to her. I don't mind."

"You won't feel jealous?" he asked.

I scoffed. "I don't care. I'm better than Edward. I'm not gonna hold a grudge because you guys are friends."

"Well, I don't trust them… I'll take you there, and I'll pick you up, okay."

I nodded, yawning. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, angel," he smiled. He kissed me once, then opened the door. "I'll be around if you need anything… just call my name."

I nodded and waved goodbye, half asleep as I stumbled to bed and lay down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized I have 7 stars!
Thanks, guys!
:D