Tre's Angel

Tell Me All About Yourself

Tre saw Ronnie standing by the open stage door, smoking.

“Hey… what are you playing at?” Said Tre, “you gave that up months ago; you had a bet with Billie that you’d last the longest.”

“I know that… but fuck the bet.” Said Ronnie, exhaling smoke in quite an angry manner.

“What’s up dude… is it?” then Tre hesitated.

“Is it what?” Said Ronnie, turning to him.

“Is this to do with Angel and me?” Tre thought it had to be.

Ronnie turned away from him.

“No… yeah… kind of.” He said looking down at his feet.

“Look, I know I’m not the sort of guy that brother’s want dating their little sisters but… this is different… she’s special.” Tre said trying to reassure Ronnie. He liked Ronnie; he was good company and had turned into quite a good friend on tour.

“Yes she is but its not that its…” but he stopped suddenly and inhaled from his cigarette.

“What?” Said Tre, frowning.

Just then the bus pulled up.

“The bus is here to take us back to the hotel,” said Ronnie changing the subject.

“I’ll round everyone up then,” said Tre and as he turned he spoke to Ronnie.

“Ronnie … I’d never intentionally hurt her you know.” He said.

“I think I know that but… it’s just… Angel she…” said Ronnie, uncomfortable.

“What about her?” Said Tre.

Then Ronnie inhaled the cigarette, slowly exhaled then waved Tre away.

“Its nothing… you’re right, it’s just me being the over-protective older brother.” Said Ronnie.

As Tre walked off Ronnie dropped the cigarette and crushed it under his foot.

Turning away he balled his fist and punched the wall. It fucking hurt and his knuckles were red and grazed from the sharpness of the wall.

It hurt, but not as much as he was hurting inside.

*

Ronnie knew she’d go to him. He could tell the way she was with him and she was right, they definitely had something, everyone had commented just watching the two of them in the room of the hotel that was the sitting room.

“Geeze Tre’s got it bad,” said Mike to Billie over at the table while they were putting some food onto their plates.

“You could say that again,” said Billie glancing over at Tre and Angel sitting together closely on the sofa just looking at each other, chatting and laughing quietly together.

“I think its beautiful, do you think they know that we exist at this moment?” Said Adi joining them.

They all laughed softly except Ronnie.

“I’ve never seen him like that over anyone,” said Billie.

“Me neither,” said Mike. “Even Claudia, and we always thought that SHE was the love of his life.”

Suddenly the couple were over and saying goodnight to the others, the ‘see you in the mornings’ and the ‘goodnights’ came from them both as if they’d been together for years Ronnie thought.

He couldn’t deny the fact that they seemed right for each other, how could he deny his sister this?

She kissed him on the cheek and he whispered into her ear, “you know where I am if you need me.”

“Of course I know Ronnie, I’ve always known.” Answered Angel.

Then the couple were gone.

To be alone, just the two of them.

Tre and Angel.

*

“Tell me all about yourself,” said Tre. They were sprawled on the bed across the width of it, both resting on one elbow but he was parallel to her, behind her and he couldn’t see her face.

“Nothing to tell,” she said, “I’ve led a boring life, not like you.”

”Hey,” he said, “don’t you change the subject back to me, its you I want to find out about.” He said flipping her onto her back, his face close to hers, her green eyes looking up at him.

“I told you, there’s nothing to tell. I’m boring.” She said smiling at this guy with the bluest eyes she’d ever laid eyes on.

“I’ll be the judge of that.” He said. “Anyway, do you want to get in, get more cosy?” He said indicating the bed.

“Of course,” said Angel sitting up and throwing the bed covers back.

“I’m just going to use the bathroom,” said Tre walking backwards out of the room, “don’t you go anywhere now,” he said raising his eyebrows.

“I’m not going anywhere,” she said smiling at him.

While Tre was in the bathroom she removed al her clothes and got naked into the covers.

When Tre came out of the bathroom he went to her side of the bed and found Angel, sound asleep.

He smiled to himself he had wanted to take her in his arms and make love to the sweetest woman on earth but he didn’t mind as he settled into bed beside her.

We’ve got all the time in the world Tre thought to himself.

**

Angel was actually the first awake and as she rolled over he was there.

He was utterly gorgeous.

Drop dead gorgeous.

Well she thought so anyway, many probably wouldn’t agree but then they must be blind.

He had the most marvellous profile and suddenly her breath became slightly more rapid.

She wanted him.

Touching his lightly stubbled face she leant over and started kissing him, parting his lips with her tongue. He was soon awake and his strong hands were holding her head as he kissed her back, deeper and needing.

He wanted her too.

It was beautiful and just as she kind of imagined it would be with him, ever since she saw him in the magazine.

We’re meant to be together, I just know it she thought but then glanced away quickly knowing that they could never last.

“Hey you, are you ready to tell me all about you’re boring little life?” said Tre, smiling widely all over his face.

“There’s really nothing to tell,” she said looking up at him. Her head was resting on his chest. It felt so comfortable just laying here on him, like they were two pieces of puzzle just slotting in together.

“There must be something,” he said, “what about you and Ronnie, what did you get up to as kids?”

“You’re not going to give up are you?” She said running her hand over his torso.

“Nope.”

“OK, but you’ll be snoring your head off before you know it.”

Tre feigned sleep and started snoring soundly.

”See… already and I haven’t even started.” She said laughing at this wonderful man.

They laughed easily together and she lifted her head off of him and they lay facing each other.

“How much older is Ronnie?” Tre asked. He liked the feeling of her silky white blonde hair on his chest.

“He’s 7 years older than me and we were born to Mary and Doug. They didn’t think they could have any more children after Ronnie; he was their little soldier and took after dad in nearly every way. He was a drummer in a band, the Ramekins in the 70s.”

“I remember them.” Said Tre taking some of hair between his fingers and twisting it round and round.

“You’re the only one that does then. Ronnie has always been musical and can play nearly every instrument going.” She said tracing a finger over the window tattoo on his upper arm. His skin was soft, like velvet.

“He is talented though.” Said Tre enjoying the feel of her fingers on his body.

“I know. I love him to bits but he’s also my brother and can be very annoying, a real pain in the arse sometimes.” She said.

“I can see that,” said Tre.

“Anyway, I’m not musical at all and I kind of always felt that I was a disappointment to my parents.”

“No way.” Said Tre, not liking the sound of this. How could Angel here be a disappointment?

“Its just they’ve never sort of understood what I like doing.”

“And what’s that?” said Tre.

“I write poetry and short stories. I’ve done it ever since I was a child. It’s like me getting into my own little world. There’s nothing better than getting it all down on paper and having other people enjoy your stuff too its, well its just…”

“Amazing,” said Tre, finishing off her sentence for her.

“Yeah. You must sort of understand where I’m coming from,” She said laying her head back down onto his chest again.

“I do. So, what else do you like?”

“Well, you may need a bucket to throw up in but I’m a total romantic. I have my head in the clouds most of the time. I like reading the classics; I love walking in the sun, the rain and snow. I love feeling the elements on my face and the wind through my hair. I love sunsets and the ocean. I love watching movies, I’d sit in the cinema all alone, I don’t care, I love twinkling lights and flowers and I like hugs and kisses and… I like you,” she said leaning over him once again, her silken blonde hair hanging down and sweeping across his face.

“I… I kind of like you too,” Tre said and put his hand up behind her neck, pulling her towards him for a kiss, desire overwhelming him like never before.

They sighed against each other then Tre flipped her gently on to her back and showed her how good it was to be… liked.

**

They were still in bed together, enjoying each other, enjoying just being together. Nobody else seemed to exist at that moment.

“So what do you want to do with your life?” Tre asked this girl. This… Angel.

“Well.. I’d love to travel the world and see some beautiful cities and meet wonderful people. I’d love to marry someone I adore and who adored me equally back and to have beautiful children and grow old together, to watch our children grow into mini versions of us and to… to die in each other’s arms… together so that the other wouldn’t have to be alone.

You may throw up now.”

**

Angel yawned as she picked at the food on her plate. It was just herself and Mike in the sitting room area.

“Hey, has my old friend worn you out?” said Mike, laughing then he felt slightly embarrassed by his remark.

“He sure did,” said Angel smiling and he had. She was extra tired today.

She thought of Tre and how they’d connected.

She’d reluctantly left him sleeping. She hadn’t wanted to leave him but she just wanted to clear her head for a while. All the talk earlier had given her a slight headache. She’d walked around the block to get some fresh air but the walk had tired her.

“Hey,” said Ronnie coming into the room and kissing the top of his sister’s head.

“You OK this morning?” he said giving her a slight wink. He didn’t agree entirely about her and Tre but there was nothing he could do. He knew that, Tre and Angel were as stubborn as each other. He’d just decided to let them get on with it.

“Not bad,” said Angel playing with her food.

“Right,” said Mike, “I’m going to clean up then change my strings.” He said looking at them both.

“OK man, see you later on,” said Ronnie glancing over at Mike.

“Bye Mike,” said Angel not looking up.

“You want some coffee?” said Ronnie looking over at her. He suddenly noticed she had a tear running down her face and she brushed it away quickly as if trying to hide it from him.

“What’s up?” Said Ronnie going to sit next to her and putting his arm across her shoulder.

“Ronnie … you were right, I shouldn’t have got involved with him. Ronnie didn’t say anything just let her speak. Shit.

“He’s wonderful.” Angel said, simply.

“He’s a good guy.” Yeah he was a good guy.

“Ronnie,” said Angel looking up at her brother, just like she’d done most of their lives.

“I love him.”

For most people this would be a marvellous moment realizing that you loved someone and Ronnie was probably guessing that Tre probably felt the same way, but for Angel and Tre, the situation was impossible.