Tre's Angel

Do You Know How Long She's Got?

“Ronnie?” said Tre entering the sitting room area. He was peeping round the door just seeing if it was kind of OK to come in.

“Yes man,” said Ronnie he noticed that Tre still looked a weird grey-ish colour. He’d slept in his own room all night alone, Angel in her own room. It was a sad situation.

“I love her and I want to marry her,” Tre said simply coming quietly into the room and closing the door behind him. He’d made his decision.

“What?” said Ronnie not expecting this.

“Yeah, I know what you’re thinking but I want to do it.” Tre said coming to sit down at the table with Ronnie.

“Why Tre?” Asked Ronnie but he knew the answer already. He knew Tre loved her.

“Because I love her and… if I don’t I’ll always regret it.” Said Tre fiddling around with pencil that had been left lying on the table.

“Tre, you’ve known her for two days,” said Ronnie knowing fully knowing that what he had to say wouldn’t make any difference, not now.

“So what? I knew how I felt about her after two minutes,” said Tre. Yeah, and he did.

“Oh Tre,” said Ronnie. He so felt for this man and what he must be going through.

“I have to do this and I’m asking your permission,” said Tre.

“What?” said Ronnie. “You’re kidding, right?”

“No I’m not kidding, this is me and I’m doing this properly.”

“What about Angel?”

Tre shrugged.

“You’ve already asked her haven’t you?” Ronnie said looking at Tre but Tre couldn’t look at him.

Tre just nodded.

“And that’s the reason why she had to tell you, right?”

“Uh huh,” said Tre, looking at Ron now, his eyes filling up with tears, remembering that moment, the moment when Angel told him she was dying.

“Do you think she’ll say yes Ronnie?” said Tre hopefully.

“May be, but you’ll have to ask her and see.” Ronnie was sure she’d say yes. He knew his sister well and he knew how she felt about Tre.

“ I’m going to ask her again.” Said Tre standing up from the table as if he wanted to do it immediately as if he didn’t want to waste any time.

“Tre has Angel told you how long she’s got?” said Ronnie apprehensively.

“I don’t want to know, I just want to… enjoy our time together while we can.” Said Tre walking towards the door.

“Oh man, you have it bad,” said Ronnie. Poor, poor Tre.

“Yeah I do and why should I walk away now? If she says yes, would you, would you help me make it special for her Ronnie?” He said as he stood by the doorway.

“Of course Tre, of course I will.”

When Tre had gone, Ronnie had one thought. If anyone was going to marry his sister who he had always protected it was going to be Tre. He’d decided that out of everyone he knew, had ever known and would probably ever know, Tre was the right one for her. He felt suddenly sorry for them, they were right together.

Life just wasn’t fair.

**

“Of course I’ll marry you,” said Angel throwing her arms around the one she loved.

“Oh my god,” said Tre who had convinced himself that she wouldn’t want to do it.

“But Tre…”

“Yes gorgeous,” he said looking into her deep green eyes.

“Can we do it soon, the sooner the better?”

“Of course, whatever you want.” Said Tre. He wanted to give her the world.

“Tre?”

“Yes baby?”

“Could we … could we just… oh for god sake Tre, make love to your fiancée would you,” she said a happy smile appearing on her face.

”It would be my pleasure… my fiancée. Keep saying that to me, all day long.”

**

The next day Adrienne took Angel out shopping and all the guys did everything else, the four of them while Tre thought of his beautiful bride to be buying her dress to marry him in and his heart swelled. He couldn’t wait.

**

The next day Angel and Ronnie ’s parents arrived because the guys had persuaded the vicar at a tiny little church just around the corner from the hotel to have the wedding in two days. They could be very pushy when they wanted to be and the wedding was scheduled for the next day, they’d planned it that quickly.

They had an early meal out because Angel got tired quickly, the five of them, Angel, Tre, Ronnie and their parents. They fell in love with Tre too. Ronnie had taken them aside to explain the situation and they felt the same, how could they deny Angel this.

**

“I love your Dad; I cannot believe that his band supported the Stones all those years ago.” Said Tre to his Angel. They were laying on the bed, once again.

“I don’t believe he told you that, he was name dropping. When did he tell you that?” said Angel looking into her fiancée’s blue eyes.

“Just now when we had that last drink together while you were beautifying yourself for my love.” Said Tre getting close to Angel and raising his eyebrows.

She laughed at him.

“Hey you shouldn’t be here, isn’t it bad luck for the bride to see her future husband the night before the wedding” She said smiling at him.

Tre suddenly had a lump in his throat, his face altered and he turned away from her.

“Tre, look at me.” Said Angel putting her hand onto his face to try and get him to look at her.

He turned and had tears in his eyes.

“Please… don’t get upset Tre, I was only joking, its kind of a traditional thing.”

“How could I not spend it with you? You expect me to go back to my own room and leave you in here, alone. Sorry Angel, that won’t be happening. I’m not leaving you, even if you kick me out. I’m staying right here with you.” Said Tre drawing Angel close to him.

“Yes but you’re not going to be here when Adi and I get ready in the morning. I’ll kick you out.”

“Of course, now… what’s the last thing you want to do as a single woman?” Tre said raising his eyebrows once more.

**

He leant across and kissed her sweet slightly parted lips then got out of bed. She had her dress hanging up on the wardrobe, hidden under a huge zip up bag. A little bit of him was tempted to glance at it but he’d see her dressed in it in about three hours from now so he stopped himself from having a peep. He went to the bathroom and when he came out she was awake, awake and looking at him.

“Hey… beautiful how are you doing on this morning that you become my wife?” He said drying his hair on a towel.

She smiled up at him, “I’m doing fine and you know something?”

“What’s that?” he said gazing over at her.

“I love waking up knowing you’re here.”

He went over towards the bed, flung back the covers and got in.

“Ooh, you’re cold,” she said shivering against him.

“And you’re warm, warm me up angel.” Said Tre.

She did.

**

“Please Dad,” said Ronnie, “you can’t let her see you crying.”

“I know,” said Ronnie and Angel’s Dad. I just never thought I’d,” he blew his nose on a huge white handkerchief, “I never thought I’d be doing this. I feel sorry for Tre.”

“I think he understands. He’s a good guy.” Said Ronnie putting his arm across his father’s shoulder.

“He is that. He’s good for her.” Said their father tucking his handkerchief back into his suit pocket.

“He is and he wants to do this, for her, for both of them. They shouldn’t be denied this and it should be a happy occasion, so lets pretend she’s not dying, how happy do you feel that she’s found someone that she loves and cares for and who will treat her as she should be treated?” he said to his Dad.

“You’re right, it’s a happy day. My daughter is marrying the man she loves. Come on; let’s go get her.”

*

“Angel?” said her Dad knocking quietly at the door but opening it anyway.

“Come in Dad, what do you think?” Said Angel, twirling herself around to show off her beautiful bridal gown.

She looks so happy, I haven’t seen her this happy in years thought her father watching his beautiful daughter.

“Angel you look beautiful,” said her father. “You look so beautiful,” he said and she did. Adi had spent ages on her hair. Her long blonde fine hair now had a few ringlets here and there, Angel had always wanted some curls in her hair and now she had them. Adi had done her make up perfectly and she looked positively glowing, fresh and… healthy.

“Where’s your mother?” Said her father glancing around the room.

“Oh… she’s just gone into the bathroom. She said she had something in her eye; her and Adi are in there trying to resurrect mums make up.” Said Angel.

George had an idea about what must have happened. Her mother probably became overcome with emotions just looking at her daughter dressed as a bride and Adi must have taken her off so that Angel couldn’t see.

“Here they are,” said George. He was right, his wife’s eyes were slightly damp and her nose was pink, always a tell tale sign with her.

“Billie said he’d see you downstairs,” said George to Adi.

“Right, I think I’m done here,” said Adi going over to Angel and just tweaking her hair slightly and making a small adjustment to her dress.

“I shall see you in church,” she whispered into Angel’s ear.

“Thanks Adrienne,” said Angel, “thanks for everything.” She said looking at her new friend who had helped her so much.

“You look beautiful, you hardly needed any help at all,” said Adrienne smiling at the beautiful girl in front of her.

As Adi left the room she choked a sob and quickly walked off down the corridor with a blow of her nose to go and find her husband. HER husband. How cruel this world was. She’d been with Billie for so long and Angel and Tre… well… who knew how long they had.