Tre's Angel

The Best Sunset

Tre was standing at the alter waiting for his bride to be. His Angel. He knew he was doing the right thing but was oh so very scared. It had hit him this morning as he said goodbye to Angel and told her that he’d see her in church. He closed the door to their hotel room then went off to Billie’s to get ready but he hung around in the corridor for a few minutes just thinking.

He was doing the right thing but it was surreal. Where were they going to live? He couldn’t take her back to America, as she couldn’t fly there. Frankito had been right when he’d told him he could fall in love with someone. Well he had but he couldn’t take his new bride home. Home, his home and he wouldn’t be taking his bride there to meet little Frankito but he shook those thoughts aside for the moment for this was his and Angel’s day.

He knew he was doing the right thing.

**

Ronnie looked over at Tre. He looked happy but also anxious which was understandable and he’d remembered their conversation last night after everyone had gone to bed and they were having one last drink together in the bar…

“Where can I take her for our wedding night?” Tre had asked him. “Somewhere special, somewhere that she’ll love, something to remember.”

Then Ronnie had told Tre straight where she’d want to go and Tre had seemed surprised by his suggestion but after Ronnie had explained Tre warmed to the idea.

It was ideal.

**

Everyone was crying and they couldn’t help it, even Tre and Angel were in tears as the vicar pronounced them man and wife.

When Tre had seen her walking towards him he couldn’t stop the tears brimming in his eyes. He turned quickly and blinked, letting the tears fall then he quickly brushed them away.

Of course everyone had seen him and this set them all off and throughout the ceremony sniffing could be heard from various people.

She did look gorgeous, a pure Angel and Tre so handsome as they stood together man and wife, for how long, nobody knew but they didn’t want to think of that right now.

They all just thought of the moment.

**

Ronnie drove them there after the wonderful ceremony and meal in a local restaurant. Ronnie had decided that it would be better if he drove as Tre hadn’t ever driven in England before and he knew the way anyway.

It took them just over two hours to get from London to the coast and Angel slept the entire way, she was totally exhausted.

Tre watched her as she slept next to him in the back of the car. She was so beautiful and took his breath away, still dressed in her wedding dress.

He had definitely done the right thing and he’d never forget her face at that moment.

The car came to a halt and Angel woke up.

“Oh my god,” she said, “why have you brought me here?” she asked looking out of the window.

“Tre will explain,” said Ronnie. “I’ll get off now, I’m staying with an old friend from round here but I’ll be back to get you, around lunchtime tomorrow,” he said getting out of the car to get their overnight bag.

Ronnie glanced in his rear-view mirror as he drove off and saw both of them, Tre and Angel watching him drive off down the road then he caught them turn and walk into the house.

It was Angel’s parents house, the house that she grew up in, her home for so long and she loved it here because from her bedroom balcony you could view the sea and from that view was the best sunset she had ever seen.

“I know why you brought me here,” said Angel looking into her new husbands bright blue eyes. “It was the sunset wasn’t it?” she said.

He nodded, “yep it was Ron’s idea.”

“Tre I’m so glad, its perfect,” said Angel as she walked up the stairs to show him her room, indicating for him to follow her. “Now I can show you the perfect sunset,” she said smiling widely.

He looked up, and then she had disappeared from his view. God he loved her so much.

“Come on, you’ll love it,” she shouted out from somewhere upstairs.

Tre did as he was told and ran up the stairs, three at a time to get to his bride.

**

They were laying on the balcony on a various assortment of cushions and pillows. The air was warm and they were both dressed in their underwear.

“I’m a married woman, I’m Mrs Angel Wright and I love it,” she said as Tre began kissing her neck and nipped gentle kisses across the top of her chest. “And I love you,” she said running her fingers through his rich brown hair, massaging his scalp.

They glanced across at the sun as the huge red/orange globe melted down into the sea as Tre melted into his Angel and they became one.

Man and wife.

Tre and Angel.

Forgetting their worries for now.