Sequel: So Close To Perfect

Mad World

So close to perfect

They were arguing with the police. Dad hadn’t been seen for over eight days.

“There’s nothing we can do,” she whispered to me. I noticed dark bags under her eyes, she looked old and worn out. “I have to get back to Jersey, I have a job now,” she continued weakly.

“Take me with you! Please take me home!” I pleaded. This wasn’t the life I wanted, I missed the way things used to be no matter how screwed up it all was.

But my mother protested; saying that this was my dream, that so much money would go to waste and that I would regret ever quitting. I just lost broke down. I cried my heart out until she finally gave in. She didn’t seem to have the energy to keep shouting at me.

A couple of days later I was on a plane back to good ole Jersey. Kat was upset of course because she would be seeing a lot more of me this year.

I was back at school the next day. I jumped out of Kat’s car and ran to the tree behind M block. They were all there. Ellie screamed when she saw me and to my surprise, so did Mikey and Mark. Wow they could so pass as girls.

I sprinted at them as they came running towards me. We collided with a horrible crunch. We were all in such a tight embrace that I couldn’t breathe, but I felt better than I had for months.
It’s been four and a half months since I came back and things have slowly been improving. Ellie and I broke up but we’re still friends. Apparently she got together with some older guy while I was away, thinking that I wouldn’t be coming back. To be honest, it doesn’t really bother me much.

Mikey and I are closer than ever. We tell each other everything and I go to his place whenever I have time. He needs someone close at the moment, his older brother Jordan is getting out of hand. I’ve seen him a couple of times and he’s a complete wreck. I feel sorry for Mikes.

Oh and by the way we’ve decided on a name for our band; Vampires. Our band dressed up as vampires for our first gig and since then people have been calling us vampires and it sort of stuck.

We’re doing pretty well. I showed the guys what I had written when I was in New York and they helped me make a song out of it; we used a lot of metaphors. Ever since our first gig at the local pub we’ve had a small fan base of about fifty teenagers. I know it’s not much but it’s a start.

There’s still no news on dad but it doesn’t really make much of a difference at home. I still catch mum now and then drinking by the front door just incase he decides he loves her. She’s not as lonely as she used to be though. Mum’s a waitress at the nearby pub and she sometimes goes out with her fellow workers.

Kat ditched the whole bimbo act. She doesn’t dress too different and she still listens to rubbish but she has changed. I’ve actually had a couple of civilized conversations with her and she isn’t that cold towards me anymore.

Life’s not perfect. In fact it’ll never be anywhere near perfect. That’s why we have to hold on so tight to the few things that seem so right... so close to perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's all folks.
Goodnight <3