Status: Completee!!!

The Sticky Note Chronicles

She's leaving home

It’s like the world went on mute for a moment; everything was still going in motion, mouths were still moving viciously, bits of spittle flying in the words so loudly spoken.
Dully, the woman on the couch was reminded of that day, of why Andrew would have actually come by to get her instead of meeting her.
It was Christmas Eve, wasn’t it?
The evergreen tree was standing proud in the corner, laying witness to the events unfolding. The multicoloured lights twinkling with mirth as the sun fell out of view behind sky scrapers.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,

Then everything sort of snapped back into place.
“What the hell do you think you’re doing to my girlfriend?” Boomingly loud, sending shudders through the sickly redhead.

Jack Frost nipping on your nose,

“Absolutely nothing, I was checking her temperature. She’s sick, you see. Not like you would have noticed, you want her to go out in the below freezing weather and possibly make this life-threatening!” Her voice wasn’t raised above what would have been Norah’s normal volume level – the tone was threatening though. More shivers.

Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,

“Yeah, right, that’s obviously what was going on. I didn’t even know she was sick!”

And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

“Maybe if you paid attention to your girlfriend, you would be the one here taking care of her, instead of her stumbling into my room half-dead in the middle of the day!”

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe,

“Oh so it’s my fault? Listen, she would-”

Help to make the season bright.

“No, you listen! If she had stayed outside any longer, she might have ended up in the hospital! Do you realize how weak her immune system is?”

Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow,

“Don’t be accusing me of anything dyke! I saw what you were doing there; you were trying to take advantage of her! I frankly don’t feel safe with her staying with you.”

Will find it hard to sleep tonight.

Norah’s head spun as she was suddenly jerked upright, off the couch. The steaming soup clattered to the ground, splashing across her lap. The heat stung her flesh; she wavered in balance, feeling the blood rushing from her head. “I think I’m gonna puke,”

They know that Santa's on his way;

“Let go of her! Can’t you tell you’re not helping!?”

He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh.

“Get away from my girlfriend!”

And every mother's child is going to spy,

The sickening sound of blunt force pushing against skin – the thin, brunette woman stumbling backward, hand flying to her cheek where the skin had already begun to redden and swell – sharp eyes going to Andrew.

To see if reindeer really know how to fly.

Norah looked at her counterpart, astonished. He… actually hit a girl? Green eyes widening, nausea lurking, she spilt the contents of her stomach on the floor.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase,

“Norah, Norah, are you okay?” Rough hands on her shoulders, shaking her, the lightheadedness swirling her vision.
“Get… out…” A weak authority in her accented voice.

To kids from one to ninety-two,

“Norah-”
“You heard her,” The voice had lowered to its original volume. The soft tone caught his attention, he looked at her, anger flaring again.

Although its been said many times, many ways,

“Listen, you-”
“Do you really think you’re helping her by being here?”
He looked frantically from one woman to the other, eyes going from enraged to confused, back to simmering anger.
“Fine!” He barked, almost tossing Norah away with force. Thinner, less sturdy arms caught her around her waist, easing her to the ground.
“It’s over Norah, I can’t take this anymore. I can’t take… you anymore! Hope you have a great time with you dyke girlfriend!” Spitting a jumble of barely understandable insults, he slammed the door on his way out.

A very Merry Christmas to you

Soft murmurings in her ear, the redhead groaning, tears falling over her round face. She wasn’t even sure what part of it she was crying for. Was it her breakup? Or the grueling amount of nausea she felt at the moment? Possibly because lying in this strange, strange woman’s thin arms, listening to her soft voice whisper sweet, comforting things in her ear… made her very happy.

Or maybe just some fucked up mixture of all three.
♠ ♠ ♠
Joyeux Noel mes amies!