Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

One

I stared at the board unable to concentrate.

"Is there a problem Cassandra?" my teacher asked me.

I blinked and looked at her. Some of my classmates looked back at me. I shook my head and went back to doing the problems in my notebook. The bell rung and class finally let out. I packed up my stuff and put on my backpack. I was almost out of the class when my teacher stopped me. I turned and looked back at her.

"Cassandra can I talk to you?" she asked.

"Sure Mrs. Lyon." I said and stood in front of her.

I looked at the watch. I wanted her to get over with whatever she wanted to say because I had other things to do.

"I understand that you were out a few months after school ended and whatever happened you can talk to me or any other teacher about okay?" she asked me.

I just looked at her. Yeah right as if I was going to tell her that I was a werewolf and that my friends and I travelled the country to look for a cure that failed on one friend but worked on another.

"I know. I'm sorry to leave like this but I need to get home." I told her.

"Okay, just remember that." she said and smiled.

I nodded and turned on my heal. Not going to happen ever.

Walking in the hallway in the previous years was always a fun thing. I would say hi to friends and flirt with guys that I liked. But now I could see the things that went on with people. I could sense feelings and attitudes. I knew who were the bad guys and who were the good guys. My life and whole outlook on life changed. I've seen death, I've felt pain, and I've seen wills broken.

Walking down these halls is like looking at all the things I've done before as dumb and useless and has nothing to do with the real world. I ran down the steps of the school. I had plans that didn't include dating or studying for that matter.

I walked through the woods. Every scent seemed to attack me from different angles. Yet the air was clear and safe from the scent of werewolf. Something I was glad for.

I walked up an incline and saw it the West Branch Rehabilitation Hospital. That's where Kyle was. Poor Kyle last time I saw him. He was shaking like a leaf it's sad how someone that experienced so much power just a few weeks ago seemed to lose all that as soon as they were cured. I feel like it was my fault that he ended up like this. Not cured but ill.

I walked in and the sterile scent of a hospital filled my nostrils. I walked by the counter. I was a well known visitor so I pretty much had as much freedom as a doctor here.

"Hold up where do you think you're going no visitors after one." the guy behind the counter said.

I stopped and turned back.

"It's okay, my friend's here." I said to him touching the door.

"I'm sorry, you can't go back there unless you're a doctor and as far as I know you're a kid." he said.

I turned back to him and stood in front of him my eyes glowed red.

"Let me in!" I growled.

He shook getting up nearly falling out of his chair and ran behind the door.

"I'll get the head nurse." he said.

I heard him fumbling behind the door and mentioned my eyes. I heard loud yelling and then the door was opened.

"You're free to go Cassie." the head nurse said.

I smiled at her.

"Thank you." I said and walked into the door.

I walked down the hall there were one way mirrors. Where the visitors could look in but all the patient saw was a mirror. I saw some sitting in the corners, rocking back and forth. It's sad others were looking out the window as if they were trying to see us.

Then I stopped at the last door and opened it and walked in. I closed the door back and turned to the bed and saw Kyle lying on the bed tossing a red ball back and forth into the air throwing a little higher than the last time and catching it everytime.

"Hi Kyle." I said to him and walked to the bed and sat down.

He held the ball in his hand and then sat up and looked at me.

"Hi Cassie, you came to visit me?" he asked.

I nodded.

His eyes glowed red and he smiled as cunningly as ever.

"How are you doing?" I asked him.

"It sucks here. The patients are sick, and I don't belong here." he said to me.

"They're helping you." I said to him.

"They're keeping me caged up like an animal. I don't belong here Cassie." he said.

I grabbed his hand and decided to change the subject.

"Did you attend school today?" I asked him.

"Yeah one of the students had a seizure though so class got out early." he said.

"How was lunch?" I asked him.

"Lunch... sucks. The meat is over cooked." he said.

I smiled. Once a spoiled brat always a spoiled brat.

"I miss you." I told him.

"Me or the wolf?" he asked.

"You." I said to him.

"I wouldn't be in here if my parents didn't just want to deal with me. They're probably sipping pina coladas in Miami as we speak." he said.

"Don't say that they're probably thinking about you as we speak." I said.

"You don't know my parents. They could go to a funeral and not shed a tear and then go clubbing after it." he said.

I frowned and then smiled again.

"Well not all of us can be blessed with privacy." I said.

He smirked.

"Yeah right. There's a camera in every ounce of this room. I can't see them I can sense them." he said.

"Yeah me too." I said looking around the room.

Just then. I saw Kyle bend over hugging his stomach. He let out a pained growl.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I-I don't know this is the third time it's happened today." he said.

His hand grew hot and then it stopped and he sat up and relaxed and looked back at me.

"You're transforming back into a wolf." I said touching his ear that was now pointy.

"That means I'll be changing on the full moon. That's bad isn't it?" he asked me.

I nodded.

Kyle got up hugging his stomach and walked to the desk they gave him. I followed him and he had a calendar on the table. He flipped it open.

"The full moon's tonight." he said with a growl.

"You're still changing?" I asked him touching the back of his neck hair started to grow from it.

"The cure's wearing off." he said.

"No, John told me that it may cure the change not the transformation. You're going to transform anyway." I said and then moving to his ear which was beginning to point.

"You should probably be leaving before the moon fever sets in. I get kind of horny if you know what I mean." he said.

I just smiled.

"I think I know what you mean." I said and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

Just as I kissed his cheek. Two large men wearing all white came in. It was time to lock Kyle down for the night and that meant the straight jacket and tons of chains.

"It's time for you to be locked down." the first man said behind Kyle.

He gave me a glassy gaze.

"You need to leave." the other man said.

I nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow after school okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he said as he went back to his bed and they put the jacket back on him.

I stepped out of the room and turned back. When they lied Kyle down that's when he started to snap. He started to growl and snarl. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Maybe he was just trying to be calm for me even though the change was still strong in him.