Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Fourteen

John, Cat, Beth, and Amy just got away after the test failed.

"Why did it fail?" Cat asked John as she drove.

He sighed holding his forehead looking out the window.

"There could be a long number of reasons. She's been a werewolf longest." he said.

"So was Kyle." Cat said.

"He wasn't one long enough. She's been through the change and was able to stop it on her own. What we're doing is against nature. We shouldn't have gone on with the procedure not without further testing." he said.

"It's not your fault John, we would've solved the problems if the wolves didn't show up." Cat said.

"God only knows what they're doing to Cassandra." he said.

"You're worried about her as if she's family. You're not like that with other people. Or anyone at all." she said.

John sighed.

"She reminds me of my daughter." he said.

"I didn't know you have a daughter." she said.

"You mean had." he said.

"What happened to her?" Cat asked looking at him and then back at the road.

"S-she went camping with some friends. Long story short. They were attacked by a pack of wolves. She was the only one that survived. I did everything to save her until. Finally, she just couldn't handle the transformation. She passed away her first full moon." John said.

"I'm sorry." Cat said.

"She was my only child. Her mother had died a year before from cancer." he said.

"I can only imagine how that made you feel." Cat said.

"Why do you think I have this line of profession. I made sure to hunt down every werewolf I could find. Looks like I went back on my word and now I'm helping them. Or hurting them in Cassandra's case." he said and sighed.

"She'll be fine. All of us will be fine. We'll find her and when we do she'll be okay." Cat said.

"T-The fangs won't go away and neither will my claws." I growled to Kyle.

We sat in the back seat of the car they stole.

"That thing they gave you messed with your DNA." Tyler said.

"Bastards." Kyle muttered.

"I thought they were my friends." I said and lowered my head.

Kyle held m hand.

"We're your friends now. Like you said to me back when I was in the hospital. We have a gift." he said.

"But man doesn't see it as that. They see it as a curse. Something disgusting something evil. We can't control it. Right?" Tyler asked us looking in the rear view mirror at me.

I nodded and lowered my head.

"I can't live like this. I was fine the way I was." I said.

"We'll protect you." Kyle said.

"From what?" I asked.

"From them." Tyler said.

Just then someone ran in front of the car and he skid to a stop. We flew forward.

"What the hell?" Kyle asked.

The person ran into the car.

"Thanks, for stopping now drive!" they yelled and pointed a gun at Tyler.

"Oh my god." I cried.

"Shut up!" he yelled.

"Stay cool." Tyler said telepathically.

We relaxed and I covered my fangs under my lips. I was nervous the gun pointed at Tyler's head but he seemed calm too calm.

"Where do you want me to drive?" Tyler asked.

"Out of the state!" he yelled.

Kyle sat back. I saw his hands turn white and he seemed to be flinching. My stomach growled and I hugged it. The guy was sweating nervously with the gun still on Tyler.

Tyler turned down a dirt road.

"Hey, hey where are you going?" the guy with the gun asked.

"It's a quicker way off the interstate and into the next state." he said.

I knew he was lying. I could sense it. Kyle looked at me smiling the feeling felt kind of comforting. In an uncomfortable way. Then Tyler stopped.

"Hey why are you stopping. I didn't tell you to stop." the man said nervously.

Tyler took off his seat belt.

"Something's wrong with the engine." he said.

"Bull. Don't get out of this car or I'll shoot you." the man yelled.

"Okay, but you don't know who you're messing with." Tyler said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" the man asked.

Kyle reached for his arm and snapped it the gun fell into the cup holder and the man cried out in pain. He opened the door and ran out holding his hand.

"What the hell I'm sorry!" he yelled calling to the ground holding his arm.

Tyler climbed out of the car. Kyle followed. I got out to watch what was happening.

"You better start running." Kyle said smiling licking his lips.

"I'm in the middle of nowhere!" the man yelled scuttling on the ground.

Tyler leaped over the car and on top of him.

"Exactly." Tyler said.

"How did you do that?" he asked in a shaky voice.

"I told you. You don't know who you're messing with." the man said.

"Please let me go." the man cried.

I walked up behind Tyler with Kyle. A weird thing came over me. I started to twitch like Kyle. I dropped to my hands and knees hungrily now. Kyle followed beside me. We growled and snarled.

"W-what's that?" the man asked and looked up from Tyler towards us and cried.

"What the hell are you!" he cried.

"Your worst nightmare!" Tyler growled and raised his paw up into the air.