Tales From Another Broken Home

11

“Frankie, what the hell are you doing in there? You’ve been in the bathroom like half an hour!” I shouted through the locked door.

“Molesting myself, fuck off!” he giggled back.

Yeah right like he’d do that.

Of all the years we’ve lived together he’s never jacked himself off while I was conscious so why would he start now?

I was about to walk away but thought better of it.

He’s up to something I just don’t know what.

I waited a little while and Frank had obviously thought I had gone as I could hear noises from inside the bathroom.

I pressed my ear against the door and received a huge shock.

“Oh god, uh, Gerard….OH!” he moaned.

At this I busted the door down only to find Frank doubled over clutching his sides laughing at me.

“I knew you hadn’t gone yet dumbass!” he spluttered out with tears rolling down his cheeks.

When he finally calmed down he frowned at me.

“Damn it now I have to re-do my eyeliner!” he mumbled rubbing away the black tear tracks.

“And why are you getting all done up then Mr?” I questioned noticing Frank had his “good” pants on, his hair all straightened and was now fussing over make up.

“Going to get Jamia from the air port. She comes back today,” he said a wide smile plastering itself across his face.

“Cool, say hi to her for me,” I smiled walking out.

“You can say it to her yourself, she’s coming back here,” he said.

“She is? I thought you said she wanted “alone time” with you?” I smirked as he blushed.

“Yeah, well, she was only saying that because she didn’t want to feel like she was rubbing the fact we’re together and Charlie’s not here in you’re face….and…..stuff,” he finished with a look on his face that said he was regretting that.

“Frank I told you guys, don’t feel bad around me. I’m ok, honestly, you guys never used to be this way round me!” I protested.

“You used to have Eliza!” he stated pulling a face “Hey you never did tell me what happened that day....” he said expectantly.

“Which day?” I asked acting dumb.

He put his hands on his hips and pulled a “you-know-what-I’m-talking-about-face”.

“Don’t do that Frank, you look like a homo!” I laughed.

“Since when did you have a problem with homosexual people?” he retorted.

“I don’t and you know it, I was just saying-” I started.

“Don’t change the fucking subject, what did she say to you?” Frank cut me off, seeing straight through my plan.

“That she realises I don’t love her I still love Charlie, so she thought it was best we end it then so no-one got hurt, erm, don’t think she doesn’t love me cause she does, blah, blah, blah!” I finished, waving my hand in a dismissive manner.

“Ha-ha, dude she was so trying to guilt you! What did you say?” Frank prodded.

“I just agreed with her. She seemed like she was being sincere,” I shrugged “Any who, I’m gonna go get a movie, have fun slutting yourself up!” I called back to him.

As I walked down the stair I heard Frank say something sarcastic that I didn’t quite catch and then got hit in the back of the head by a sponge.

“Dude, you are so immature!” I laughed picking up the now ringing phone.

“Hello?” I asked,

“Hello is that Mr. Way?” a strange voice came down the line.

“It is,” I replied.

“Hello Mr. Way, it’s Officer Dillon here, I have some news on you’re wife’s kidnapping case,”