Tales From Another Broken Home

19

*Gerard’s POV*

“They what?” I questioned making sure I heard right.

“They told me my children died! Their, their dead! I don’t have any babies anymore!” she said practically sobbing.

That’s it. I’ve had enough! This really is going too far.

Much to her protest I picked Charlie up bridal style and started walking up the stairs with her. Yeah, she freaked out, she started shaking and crying. Frank went ape-shit at me for it but I didn’t care. I carried on holding her until we got into Marks room when I placed her on her feet.

“Go look at that little boy in that bed and tell me he isn’t you’re son, tell me he isn’t alive!” I muttered to her.

She cautiously walked over to the bed and looked at the sleeping Mark that lay there.
When her eye’s widened I grabbed her hand and dragged her into Elena’s room. Yes I dragged her, she tried to pull her hand from mine and she tried standing still but I held on tighter and forced her to move.

We got to Elena’s room and I continued to drag her up to the bed.

“Now tell me that isn’t you’re baby girl Charlie, tell me those aren’t you’re children!” I said biting back tears.

She fell to her knee’s crying and I did the coldest most un-husbandly thing imaginable in this situation. I walked away and left her there.

Frank rushed into the room, glaring as he pasted me, until he was at Charlie’s side. He placed his hand on her back she flinched away and collapsed onto the floor in a vain attempted to avoid his touch.

I walked off into my room and threw myself down on the bed, letting myself cry freely into the pillow.

Why does she have to be like this?! Why does she flinch every time someone touches her?! Why can’t she just be our Charlie again?! Why do I have to be such an asshole about all of this?! WHY?!

I continued to scream and cry into the pillow until I felt the weight on the bed change slightly, indicating someone had sat down.

I assumed it was Frank come to bitch at me for how I acted by I was strongly mistaken…..