Tales From Another Broken Home

45

*Charlie’s POV*

“Lolly please!” I begged.

“No! Not happening! I am not telling him that!” Lolly refused stubbornly.

“Lolly! He’s up there saying he’s repulsive! Repulsive. He won’t believe me when I tell him he’s not because I’m close to him so he knows I would say that! True or not!” I explained to her.

“Charlie do you realise what you’re asking me to do?” Lolly questioned me, a serious expression on her face.

“Yes! Tell Frank the truth! Make him see what he is and what he isn’t!” I told her.

“No, you’re asking me to hit on a guy who just broke up with his fiancée! It’s ridiculous!” she said throwing her arms in the air.

I moaned in annoyance and rolled my eyes at her.

“Lolly please, he’ll understand, just please!” I begged her.

“Fine! But don’t blame me if it goes wrong!” she sulked.

“It won’t! Thanks Lolly!” I squealed hugging her tightly “Now go!” I ordered pushing her towards the door.

“What? Wait! You’re not coming with me?” she asked in disbelief

“No, I have something else to take care of,” I smirked.

“Like?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Never you mind! Now go!” I giggled.

She sighed but walked up the stairs all the same.

When I knew she was defiantly gone I pulled my phone out, searching through my contacts until I came across the number I was looking for

Why don’t you try fixing your marriage, or more yourself, before trying to help other people

I sighed at this but tried to ignore the voice, by hitting the call button and focusing on what I was going to say.

“Err, hello?” came the voice down the line.

“Hey Jamia, its Charlie,” I replied.

“Yeah, I know who it is, I’m just wondering why you’re calling me?” she said harshly

Well fuck her. I’m not gonna be all nice about this anymore

“Well, I was just wondering why you felt the need to destroy Frank! And over the phone!” I snapped

“Uh, I should have expected this, look, we just don’t work together anymore, things have changed, it’s for the best,” she sighed

“Things haven’t changed Jamia, you have! What happened to the girl I knew back in high school?” I questioned.

“You can’t say that! You never knew me properly!” she spat “You only knew me because I met Frank before he transferred to you’re school and we used to hang out occasionally!” she snapped.

“What ever, I don’t really care,” I admitted “I’m just gonna say that I know you cheated on him, and you’re nothing more then a cheap slut, and tell you not to worry about getting back with him, like ever, because he’s found someone a hell of a lot better then you will ever be!” I fumed, venom dripping from each word

“What?! How did you…how can you…?” she stuttered.

“Bye!” I cut her off snapping the phone down and smiling triumphantly to myself.

I didn’t know she if she had cheated on Frank, but I do know if she hadn’t, she would have been more intent on defending herself.

Happy with my actions I set about making lunch for everyone, as well as putting on coffee, and was just about to set the table when I heard Frank shouting.

“CHARLIE!” he roared, anger evident in his voice “CHARLIE WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!!!!”