Tales From Another Broken Home

46

*Frank’s POV*

As I sat on the bed waiting for Charlie to come back I couldn’t help but let a new flood of tears cascade down my face.

I really loved….love Jamia; I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do.

I’ve realised now that I can’t end my life, I can’t throw away what I have, I mean, I’ve got my family to think of, and I don’t just mean my intermediate family like mom and dad, I mean Charlie, Gerard, the kids, all the guys from the band, their all like my family and I can’t just leave them behind.

I also can’t just abandon the kids that follow our music, we’ve helped them believe that suicide isn’t the answer, how hypocritical would it be to go and kill myself after telling them that? What ever hope they get from us, I can’t just tear that away from them because my life’s gone to shit.

I heard a small knock at the door and looked up, expecting to see Charlie with a tub of ice cream or something like that but instead I saw Lolly standing awkwardly at the door looking very uncomfortable.

“Hi,” I muttered

“Hey,” she smiled back “Mind if I come in a sec?” she questioned timidly.

“Knock yourself out,” I muttered.

I know I wasn’t being very polite to the girl but in all honesty, I was embarrassed that she saw me like this.

She’s a very beautiful girl, if Jamia hadn’t come along before Lolly, and she was totally fucked up in the head and liked me back, who knows; maybe we’d be together now.

“Listen Frank,” she said gently, placing her hand on my arm “I know break ups are really hard, but things will get better in time, you’ll find someone new who you’ll love just as much if not more then you loved Jamia,” she continued

“Doubt it,” I sighed “For one thing I don’t think I can love anyone else, besides who’d want me?” I asked laughing bitterly.

“I would,” she said quietly, a hint of sadness in her voice.

Ok, stop, rewind, did she just say she wants me? As in, more then a quick fuck wants me?

“Lolly, I….you…” I stuttered trying to figure out what to say.

Sure, I kind of like her but I just broke up with my fiancée, how can she lay that on me now?!

“I didn’t want to say anything to you Frank, I knew you’d just broken up with Jamia and it would be wrong to tell you now, I’m not hitting on you or anything I just wanted you to know what you said to Charlie was wrong, about you being repulsive, its not true, it’s really not, and who knows maybe one day we might…I mean….oh god!” she rambled blushing.

I smiled slightly at her, she was cute when she blushed, and obviously her telling me that was Charlie’s idea, she probably pressured Lolly until she agreed to come tell me, Charlie has a way of making people do what she thinks is right.

“Hey, it’s ok, I know you’re not hitting on me,” I smiled at her “listen, it’s really sweet of you to say those things but -” I started

“It’s all true Frank," she cut me off "You’re not repulsive, you’re beautiful and you’re not short! You got inches on me! And you’re tattoos are really sexy, they suit you, and as for being podgy! Well that’s just a whole other fairy story! I mean, how can you think you’re fat? You're nothing but skin muscle and bone!” she said, all fired up.

I laughed at her again and pulled her in for a hug.

“I’m sorry I said that last thing Frank, about us….you know....” she said looking down at her lap.

I felt sorry for her, I really did, it’s like she’s trying to please both Charlie and I and to her she’s getting no where.

Before I could answer her, my cell rang, I looked at the caller ID so I could decide whether it could wait or not, but it read “Jamia <3”.

I shot Lolly an apologetic look and answered it.

“Hello?” I asked feebly.

“Frank! What the fuck was Charlie talking about?! You’re with someone else already?! SO MUCH FOR BEING HEART BROKEN! I thought you loved me! I’m sorry I broke it off but it was for the best! NOT THAT IT MATTERED SEEING AS YOU FOUND YOURSELF A NEW SLUT! AND HERE WAS ME FEELING BAD ABOUT DERRICK!! Well at leased I know where you’re fucking loyalties lie Frank! Oh and don’t worry about me ever trying to get back with you, ever! Because I can’t stand the sight of you! You can thank Charlie for me, she really opened my eyes!” she screamed.

Before I could get a word in she had hung up.

What the fuck was that about? A new slut? Derrick? And why did she bring….

Charlie!

Anger coursed through my body when my mind finally registered what Jamia was talking about.

Well on the Charlie bit.

How could she?! How could she do that to me? I trusted her and she goes and makes Jamia hate me?!

“WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS DO THIS?!” I shouted making Lolly jump at my sudden outburst.

“Frank! Calm down, talk to me,” she offered gently.

But unfortunately I threw it back in her face.

“NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!” I screamed.

“CHARLIE!” I roared, pounding down the stairs “CHARLIE WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!!!!”