Tales From Another Broken Home

8

“What the fuck is this?!” I questioned Frank.

“Their here to search you’re room for traces that Charlie might have been here and other shit like that.” he said.

“How the fuck is searching my room helping them to find her?!” I ranted.

“I don’t know Gerard, but they have to ok? So just calm down.” He said.

Eliza and the kids are waiting for you in my room, why don’t you go and see them?” he suggested.

“I can’t face Eliza right now,” I sighed palming my face.

Frank thought hard for a minuet before turning to me.

“Ok, go to Bob’s room, I’ll bring the kids there in a second,” he smiled.

“Thanks Frankie,” I smiled back, hugging him.

He’s so good to me.

This whole thing is hard on him too but he doesn’t care about that when I need help.

I feel bad though, I mean Charlie was like his sister. Hell, they called each other brother and sister, he’s missing her just as much as I am and I’ve never once asked him about how he’s feeling or let him cry on my shoulder.

God I’m such an ass.

“Daddy why are their people in our room?” Mark asked looking at me expectantly.

“They need to look for something babe,” I told him.

“What?” he asked.

I hate this.

I can’t tell him their looking for evidence that Charlie was there yet I can’t lie to him.

“I don’t know,” I replied.

Ok so technically I’m not lying I don’t know what their looking for.

I just know who it’s about.

He seemed satisfied with that answer and went to play with Elena.

“Mr Way?” someone called to me.

I’m getting so fucking sick of hearing that.

All I’ve heard today is “Mr Way” Can’t people just call me Gerard?

“Yeah?” I replied involuntarily showing annoyance in my voice.

“Can I talk to you outside for a moment? Mr Iero requested we don’t give any information in front of you’re children.” he muttered into my ear.

I sighed inwardly.

What has he got to tell me?

That it was just a dream?

That I’m crazy for thinking it was real?

I got up and attempted to follow the guy out of the room.

I was stopped just before the doorway by Elena clinging to my leg.

“Daddy, where’s you going?” she asked, innocent's shinning in her eyes.

“I have to talk to the man babe, I’ll be back in a minuet, go play,” I smiled at her.

“Ok!” she giggled and ran off to play with Mark.

“So, what have you found?” I asked the dude when we were safely out of hearing range.

Nothing could ever prepare me for what I was about to hear…..