Tales From Another Broken Home

9

“We’ve found evidence to confirm you’re suspicions Mr Way. Charlie Way was in you’re hotel room last night.” he said confidently.

That was like a slap in the face.

She was there with me, I had her, she was safe in my arms and I just let her go.

Why did she leave?.

“You’re, you’re sure? That it was defiantly her?” I probed.

“We’re 96.5 percent positive, which is the best result you can get under the circumstances.” he replied.

“Ok, thank you…..so what happens now?” I asked.

“Well, now we see what we have on the footage and examine the rooms that were checked out of around the time she was seen and see what we can find out.” he explained.

I nodded and thanked the man again before walking into the room.

“So….what’s the verdict?” Bob asked as I walked in.

“It was her…..she was there last night." I said shakily.

“Shit, dude, are you ok?” he asked worry contorting his features.

“Yeah I’ll be fine; I just got to tell the others.” I rushed.

“Do you want me to?” he offered.

“No it’s ok dude, thanks,” I reassured him “But would you be able to watch the kids while I talk to Frank?” I pleaded.

“Sure man, but…..” he hesitated looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows in a “but what?” fashion.

“Well, no offence, but are you sure you’re ready to face Eliza right now? She’ll still be in his room.” he said

I sighed and palmed my face.

“I have to face her sooner or later I suppose, but I’m pretty sure she’s not gonna be happy about this.” I sighed again.

“Yeah, she’ll probably go ape shit on you’re ass!” he laughed.

“Unkie Bob that’s naughty words!” Elena shrieked at him.

“Ooooops, sorry mini chick,” he said ruffling up her hair.

I smiled at them and watched them messing round for a little while then resigned myself to the fact that I’m going to have to face Eliza soon.

Frank has a right to know about Charlie, and I can’t just get him to come over and leave her alone.

That would only make matters worse.

“I’m off to face the music dude.” I told Bob, saluting him in a joking manner

“Ok, if you and Frankie don’t come back in like twenty minuets I’m sending in the armed forces!” Bob joked back as I left the room.

If this all goes ass ways with Eliza we might just need the armed forces…